Author Topic: Even though it happened 9 months ago, I'm still shocked that...  (Read 1783 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Even though it happened 9 months ago, I'm still shocked that...
« on: October 31, 2005, 11:44:30 AM »
That Game's album really did come out. I was just thinkin about it, and this is one of the few projects that have actually come out since like 98-99 from the West Coast that everybody anticipated to come out that really did come out, and actually got promoted and sold. I know it's been a long time ago, and many people might be like "umm...yeah...and?" but I never really stopped to think about it like that. Detox still ain't dropped, Ice Cube's project with Aftermath hasn't and probably won't, Rakim didn't drop, NWA didn't, Dre n Snoop break-ups to make ups didn't and probably won't, Crooked I hasn't, Sly Boogy hasn't, and the list goes on and on. For the albums that did come out since then that we felt were gonna re-vitalize the west and "bring it back", none of them got promotion and actually made an impact outside of the west.

So yeah...I just had to say that, even though it's old news.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Even though it happened 9 months ago, I'm still shocked that...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 02:35:49 PM »
it wasn't even a westcoast album, so really.................it still hasn't come out
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 02:45:35 PM »
it wasn't even a westcoast album, so really.................it still hasn't come out

I think it sounded west coast.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 02:55:27 PM »

I think it sounded west coast.

sounded like a gunit album , plus Dre only did a few tracks

and only Nate was from the west and I don't even count that because he's on everyone's album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 03:01:26 PM »
It's not much more "not-west" than Snoop's last album...if at all.

Westside Story, Where I'm from, How we do, Higher, Runnin (in a way), Don't worry, No more fun and games (old NWA style), Start from scratch, sound more West coast than anything else to me.

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 03:25:04 PM »
The Doc is definitly a west coast album.
Where Im from, West Side Story, Higher, Put you on the game(Lyrically west coast) To name a few are all Definite west coast joints.  And if Im not mistaken, hate it or luv it and put u on the game were filmed in compton.  This is the biggest west coast release since chron 2001
IE

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »
It's not much more "not-west" than Snoop's last album...if at all.

Westside Story, Where I'm from, How we do, Higher, Runnin (in a way), Don't worry, No more fun and games (old NWA style), Start from scratch, sound more West coast than anything else to me.

I agree, it sounds way more west coast than Snoop's album. It definitely sounded west coast to me.

A lot of people have this idea that west coast rap has to have gfunk and a voice box to be official. West coast artists can be just as diverse as any other artists anywhere else.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 03:58:36 PM »
It surprised me as well that the album dropped. Game did his thing and even though some people still hate, he represented the West better than anyone else in the media. Some cats are never satisfied, but in my opinion, "The Documentary" was worth the wait. Just about every track was strong, production was sick and for a 2005 release, it was a dope record. "Start From Scratch" should be considered a classic joint.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 04:03:51 PM »
It surprised me as well that the album dropped. Game did his thing and even though some people still hate, he represented the West better than anyone else in the media. Some cats are never satisfied, but in my opinion, "The Documentary" was worth the wait. Just about every track was strong, production was sick and for a 2005 release, it was a dope record. "Start From Scratch" should be considered a classic joint.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I thought I was the only that though "Start from scrath" was that good.
It's true what R-Tistic is saying. Who since Dre in 99 has dropped this much fire from the west. Snoop? maybe, but after that, no one really.

As for him not sounding "west coast" I think that's what got him out there. I think he needs to find his groove cause the documentry did have a small G-Unit feel to it. But cats from the west do need to sound different from the old school, or else its pretty much just a rip.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 04:09:10 PM by Dat Nigga Ted aka Eri-Jordan »

bez

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 04:08:20 PM »
It was made by a Westcoast artists

that = WESTCOAST!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 04:13:18 PM »
It was made by a Westcoast artists

that = WESTCOAST!
Simple as that.

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »
gotta give some props to 50

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2005, 04:41:46 PM »
gotta give some props to 50

If it wasn't for 50, their'd be no album, or Game. The album was alright, very disspointing because of the 2 crappy Nate tracks, and the no Quik, or any other west artist for that matter. It had a few good singles, but just cause 50 brought good hooks. Game lyrics were the same on every track, Dreams was aweful, and Put you on the Game was one of the worst singles I've ever heard. Production was good, lyrics bad, flow ok, so its a 3/5.

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 05:12:01 PM »
^^^you're crazy bro

the doc is a dope album and game has a good voice and flow and vocal presence

dre should stick with game becuz I love the vibe this dude portrays on the westcoast tip

tell me what's better than put you on the game

tell me what album is better than the doc recently

He didn't even need 50

snoop woulda been better on westside story and how we do could have been a solo joint and did just as good

all he needed was a westcoast still dre type video for the song Higher with some aftermath appearances in the vid and he woulda blown up without 50's help

i'm tellin you

50's verse was dope on hate it or love it though

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2005, 06:57:47 PM »
Dre and Game alone wouldn't have sold. You all on Dres dick. Just cause Dre has his name on something, doesn't mean its classic, or it'll sell, or even thats its quality. Dre ain't as powerful at movin units as you think. Wonder why knoc and Xzibit didn't sell on their last albums? Wonder why the Game is old news these days? Wonder why all of the tight tracks comin out on 50's album aren't Dre. Wonder why "Rich Girl" didn't blow up? Without 50, the Doc would have been trash. Church for thugs, and Higher are the only good tracks that don't have 50. And those 2 were probably written by 50.