Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino Presents Hostel By Eli Roth  (Read 797 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Quentin Tarantino Presents Hostel By Eli Roth
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2006, 12:40:04 PM »
I saw it, I took it better then I thought I would. The trailer made it look like it was gonna be so gross lol.

And for some reason when people get hit with vehicles I laugh uncontrollably so I had a few of those moments.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:02 PM »
I saw it, I took it better then I thought I would. The trailer made it look like it was gonna be so gross lol.

And for some reason when people get hit with vehicles I laugh uncontrollably so I had a few of those moments.

The eye part made me laugh out loud.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »

The eye part made me laugh out loud.

yeah the movie to me was more like a Dark Comedy then anything. I lauged at alot of things

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 10:04:57 PM »
Only a few scenes had some laughable parts but the overall feeling of the movie is not a light horror type of movie. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
what a fucking piece of shit, gory my ass, althought i agree with sikotic that it did have some funny scenes, lol the car part was hilarious

Trauma-san

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »
I liked Cabin Fever, a lot of references to old school horror movies, the title itself if a Shining reference.  The only thing I didnt like about Cabin Fever is the ending, but meh i still liked it.

and to Sikotic, ur not gonna see it?!   :(  lol

Man, Cabin Fever isn't a reference to the Shining.  You've never heard of Cabin Fever? Stephen King didn't invent the phrase. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
I saw Hostel 2 days ago.  It wasn't all that great in my opinion.  I guess considering most horror movies usually don't have a plot, this was a little better than most, but it's nowhere near the classics like the previously mentioned Shining or anything.  I think one thing movies like this struggle with is that nobody cares when the people get killed or anything, they don't spend any time developing the characters so the audience will be shocked when they die.  The audience anymore is just like "haha fuck him!" when somebody dies because the characters are so shallow. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
I liked Cabin Fever, a lot of references to old school horror movies, the title itself if a Shining reference.  The only thing I didnt like about Cabin Fever is the ending, but meh i still liked it.

Man, Cabin Fever isn't a reference to the Shining.  You've never heard of Cabin Fever? Stephen King didn't invent the phrase. 

The shot when the phrase cabin fever was mentioned in the Shining is used in the film Cabin Fever

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2006, 10:45:37 PM »

The shot when the phrase cabin fever was mentioned in the Shining is used in the film Cabin Fever

Oh, gotcha. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »
but actually I should have worded it differently.  The actual title isnt the reference,  lol

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 07:18:59 AM »
yea, saw it last night, dope dope movie, i mean, for what it is, great plot, i mean, i thought everything was perfect, i love the way it all unravaled, for a horror movie, dope as hell, even tho it wasnt scary, it was just a good movie

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 12:02:20 PM »
^^^Yup.  It's kinda like From Dusk Till Dawn.  You know how Quentin and George Clooney are trying to leave to mexico and blah blah blah they end up in this crazy ass bar in Mexico lol, and then the vampires come out.  Its like Horror/Action

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »
yea i liked it, it really wasnt as gory or scary as i thought it would be.  Its a just a good idea for a movie
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 08:58:09 PM »
^^^Yup.  It's kinda like From Dusk Till Dawn.  You know how Quentin and George Clooney are trying to leave to mexico and blah blah blah they end up in this crazy ass bar in Mexico lol, and then the vampires come out.  Its like Horror/Action
yep, thats an amazing movie, 1 of my favs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2006, 10:52:16 AM »
what a fucking piece of shit, gory my ass, althought i agree with sikotic that it did have some funny scenes, lol the car part was hilarious

You really thought this movie was a piece of shit?...I actually put it on the same level as "Saw", and "Saw" was a really good movie.