Author Topic: What west coast rapper have you met?  (Read 1771 times)

natesgirl

• Lil Geezy
Re: What west coast rapper have you met?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 09:09:04 AM »
How I've been able to mingle; I'm from Long Beach and although it's a huge city it's amazing how everyone seems to know one another and have MAD history and I have worked within the entertainment biz for awhile.. West Coast Rappers, huh?...

Snoop; Funny as hell and cool peoples, indecisive at times but extremely friendly.

Nate Dogg; no comment..*sigh.. alright, depending on whether your a chick or a dude he'll treat you different.  Also depending on whether your a fan or just some dude trying to kick it..  He can be a dick or he can be arrogant.  Pick one, very moody.

Warren G; he's cool.. Loves the ladies and his drank!  Very chill
Dr. Dre; busy ass man.  Professional and picky businessman
Daz; aa-rr-o-gant!  (I dunno why.  ???)
Kurupt; kinda quiet
Mack 10; arrogant
Techniec (prob spelled it wrong..) he's probably diff now.  He use to holler at my homegirl... back back in the day
Bad Azz;  Now he's a funny ass!  Cool dude, whines a bit but he's funny as hell.. Don't try to get in a clownin session with him!  He is a mess!
Daddy-V; the Compton OG; one of my good buds.  VERY Kewl person and very true to the streets
The Game; (went to COLLEGE with him) he definately wasn't Mr. Hard-ass then.. What was it.... 2000-2001?  He was a nice guy.  
Latoya Williams; (I know she isn't Rap but close enough);  she's very sweet and can SANG!
Silk E Fine;  interesting character   ???
XXibit; regular dude.. nothing too spectacular.  Approachable (at that time)
Tray Dee;  Crazy Ass Mo' Fo'.. Oh, good lord!  Talk about a real Gangsta though!
Goldie Loc; shifty in his moods. Can be approachable and then can be just rude to everyone.
Butch Cassidy;  Nice guy.
MC Breed; arrogant
Guerilla Black;  Super nice guy
J-ro;  My GOD BROTHER!!!  (the alkaholics)  Definately a really nice person! VERY approachable and music biz saavy.
Tash; hahaha...  Funny guy, arrogant, but he's still approachable and friendly
E-Swift; Very nice guy

I think that's enough! I'm sure their are others but FUCk it!  That's West Coast baby!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 09:14:13 AM by natesgirl »

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 09:17:17 AM »
Geto boyz back in 89 in MEmphis at club no,name...spice-1 at" jack in the box" in oak-town.
geto boys isn't west coast... and i forgot to add ive talked to alchemist a bunch of times last year cuz my friend worked with him he doesn't live in the west coast anymore but he grew up in los angeles

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »
I guess I can expound on each one....

Game - Been to his house at the Black Wall Street base over 10 times, but he was only there 5-6 times. First few times I saw him, he was in a bad mood for diff reasons..the first time, he was on the phone with somebody and was mad because they had just pushed his album back to January from October, and it was September. We never had a convo but it was always just "whas up wit u" because he was always on the run. I also met his brother Big Fase a couple of times, along with G-Ride

Suga Free - Met him at a autograph signin, he was funny as hell. LMAO...there was one girl in line, and he was like "damn, whas up....what are u doin with your life? (I'm in college)....why??...([laughs], what do you mean why???)......"u know what...stay here til i'm done and I'm gonna holla at u...." so u know what that meant. I asked him where Big Saccs was, n he was like "prolly out there flyin his birds"

Kurupt - Met him at a July 4th picnic (better yet Cripnic) in 2003 at Kenneth Hahn Park, the park they filmed Nuthin but a G thang at. Me n my homeboy talked to him for about 15 min. He was actually real coo, but just seemed like he was goin thru some things. He played "I didn't change" and he rapped it word for word and was actin it out for us, and looked like he was about to cry...that shit was crazy.

Billboard - Met him when I first met with Black Wall Street. Most of y'all know the story...he was at my house about a month before he got killed, and was in my studio for a while. I remember when he pulled up in that black Monte Carlo n hopped out, I was like damm this foo looks scary as hell. But he was coo as hell, and was funny as hell even though you could tell he had that edge to him and you'd NEVER try him. I remember he asked if he could have one of my dad's Billboard magazines because he didn't know they had a magazine, and I told him he couldn't because they were my dads. I feel a lil bad about it now though, just because my dad probably doesn't even look at those anymore.

G. Malone - Met him through BWS too, he is definitely cool as hell and very approachable. U can tell he has that edge too, but that he doesn't have to walk around mad all the time.

Kam - Met him a few months after I did Therapy sessions. He was a real coo dude, and he gave me his # so we could see about workin together but it's hard as hell to get at him. I donno if he finished his album or not yet.

Phat Rat (Black Wall Street) - Not a rapper (well other than those mixtape songs when he was dissin G-Unit) but a BWS exec. The main one who had me workin with BWS. Was always coo, funny as hell too.

Black Friday - The first dude I met with BWS, and the one who told Phat Rat and Billboard to come over. I've been coo with him for about a year and a half.

Life - Usually coo, but u could tell he was kinda in shock about the whole BWS thing and really bein down with em.

Murs - My cousin, known him since the womb so of course we're coo, but everybody who meets him says the same. When you talk to him, you'll probably forget that he's famous because he doesn't have that typical vibe to him at all

Lil Fizz (went to my HS) - If anybody remembers, he was part of B2k, and the one who usually rapped (I'm lethal like Danny Glover). I still remember sophomore year when he was a freshman, he was real coo to me, seemed kinda quiet, but everybody else seemed to say he was cocky and was an asshole back then. I used to talk to him on AIM and he would always be tryin to battle me since I used to rap back then.

Bishop Lamont - Still cool as hell even though he's with Aftermath. Has a real positive vibe to him, and you can tell he doesn't bang because he doesn't have that "stare" or demeanor that most bangers have.

Stix - He's somebody y'all will probably hear from a lot in the future...but he is a real positive dude too. He doesn't cuss in person or on record.

Jay Capone - Some people may have heard of him, because he's been on TV a few times and has some albums out. One of my older homeboys from Gardena so he's always coo with me, and everybody else is coo with him too. He definitely has that gangbanger's demeanor to him though.

Nu Jerzey Devil (Producer/DJ) - Met him with BWS...he was always real cool and had jokes.

Ahmad (dude who did Back in the dayz) - He has a group now called 4th Avenue Jones, and they are basically a positive group, somethin similar to Black Eyed Peas but different content n all. He was coo as hell too.

Big Saccs - Talked to him on the phone several times but wasn't able to meet him

J Classic (Producer) - He has been workin wit a lotta diff people lately, and is on Suga Free's next album. He is one of my cousin's homeboys, and he's a good dude too. Got some fire beats

Quiz - Y'all will hear a lot from him soon. He's a real humble dude, hopefully he stays like that too. But he is vicious when he's rappin.

Jay Steez - Never met, but talked to him on the phone a few times. We were supposed to collab on a track, but it didn't happen when I was at home. He seemed reaaal cool tho for havin the name he has now, and was down for hookin up for a track on my album.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 10:14:10 AM »
some impressive lists there.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

WestCoasta

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 10:24:48 AM »
Kurupt - ... He was actually real coo, but just seemed like he was goin thru some things. He played "I didn't change" and he rapped it word for word and was actin it out for us, and looked like he was about to cry...that shit was crazy.
damn, what the fuck?  kinda random, he musta been on one

ROBSON

• Lil Geezy
  • DrunkSkunk Ent.
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2005, 05:01:20 PM »
WC - signed my Ghetto Hiesman CD when he did a show in Vancouver.  Didn't get to chat much, but was pretty cool.

Tee-Loc (VanCity) - Smoked fattys wit'em. My girls little bro is his best bud.

Profe-C (VanCity) - I met him at 2 different car shows in Vancouver.

Mygla

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 05:24:38 PM »
How I've been able to mingle; I'm from Long Beach and although it's a huge city it's amazing how everyone seems to know one another and have MAD history and I have worked within the entertainment biz for awhile.. West Coast Rappers, huh?...

Snoop; Funny as hell and cool peoples, indecisive at times but extremely friendly.

Nate Dogg; no comment..*sigh.. alright, depending on whether your a chick or a dude he'll treat you different.  Also depending on whether your a fan or just some dude trying to kick it..  He can be a dick or he can be arrogant.  Pick one, very moody.

Kurupt; kinda quiet
Mack 10; arrogant
Techniec (prob spelled it wrong..) he's probably diff now.  He use to holler at my homegirl... back back in the day
Bad Azz;  Now he's a funny ass!  Cool dude, whines a bit but he's funny as hell.. Don't try to get in a clownin session with him!  He is a mess!
Daddy-V; the Compton OG; one of my good buds.  VERY Kewl person and very true to the streets
The Game; (went to COLLEGE with him) he definately wasn't Mr. Hard-ass then.. What was it.... 2000-2001?  He was a nice guy.  
Latoya Williams; (I know she isn't Rap but close enough);  she's very sweet and can SANG!
Tray Dee;  Crazy Ass Mo' Fo'.. Oh, good lord!  Talk about a real Gangsta though!
Goldie Loc; shifty in his moods. Can be approachable and then can be just rude to everyone.
MC Breed; arrogant
J-ro;  My GOD BROTHER!!!  (the alkaholics)  Definately a really nice person! VERY approachable and music biz saavy.
E-Swift; Very nice guy

I think that's enough! I'm sure their are others but FUCk it!  That's West Coast baby!

you're a groupie?

DatNiggaDazisBack

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 07:32:16 PM »

Kurupt; kinda quiet
Mack 10; arrogant
MC Breed; arrogant
E-Swift; Very nice guy

Right on, you must work in the industry. I think I heard of 10 stories where people said Mack 10 was an asshole.  But Daz is cooler than a mofo.  Nate kidnaps girls I heard? 

But R - Tistic yea the BWS are cool. 

Snoop is mad humble.

Latoya Williams that sing the hooks on bone thugs or the doggy angel chick?

Ya'll keep your stories coming.

Whatever the fuck happened to Kam?  I am still waiting on the Self CD he supposed to put out.

I met PARIS from the O he is cool, revolutionary and gangster, he had the radio mofos hiding he had clear channel S.H.O.O.K.

DatNiggaDazisBack

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 07:35:39 PM »
I've met Sly Boogy here in Toronto. didn't talk to him long, but he was a nice dude. He was on his way out, but stopped for 10 min and talked to me and my homie. Asked him about his situation on j records, he said "it's shitty".

J Records aint the best for any rapper. Slyboogie got a flow too. I liked his west coast flavor andshit.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2005, 12:02:42 AM »
dayum people have met hella load of peeps from tha west..

We Fly High

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2005, 01:03:05 AM »

yeah i think tis because west coasts arent that famous beides the dre snoop quik caliber. and so they pretty much just chill anywhere.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2005, 01:21:12 AM »

yeah i think tis because west coasts arent that famous beides the dre snoop quik caliber. and so they pretty much just chill anywhere.

yeh thats real cool, also from what ive read in this thread they all seem pretty down to earth.. shame none of them ever venture over in the uk for a spot of chillin lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2005, 01:31:29 AM »
Did a music video with Mack 10, Master P and mystikal that never got released

Met Fredwreck and saw Krondon from a distance in the Burbank mall too lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mauzip

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2005, 02:23:51 AM »

yeh thats real cool, also from what ive read in this thread they all seem pretty down to earth.. shame none of them ever venture over in the uk for a spot of chillin lol

The only artist I've met that wasn't real humble was Donell Jones. He's very arrogant.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2005, 04:53:25 AM »
Met Tupac at a show back in 97...