Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 285926 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1020 on: March 25, 2006, 02:47:38 AM »
Second very good game for Kwame in a row: Lamar found his way, Kwame seems to be the next, ..... with Kobe, the return of Chris, I'm confident for the playoffs and next season  8)

acbaylove

« Reply #1021 on: March 25, 2006, 03:18:08 AM »
Damn Kwame, finally! I'm loving him now..

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1022 on: March 25, 2006, 03:53:37 PM »
I rather have this Lamar and Kwame then a 30 year old KG. They're playing so great this past month or so...I LOVE IT!

Did you guys see those nice alley-oop's Lamar threw  to Kwame last night?...ill have the highlights later

Lamar and Kwame --   ;D

BTW..Phil needs to stop playing Sasha so much..and when kobe has a hot 1st quarter, keep'em in the game, don't sit'em in the 2nd quarter, and if luke is having a bad game don't play'em so much..and if b.cook doesn't hit his first couple of shots, sit him down b/c he can't play defence for shit...we should of won last night by 20 but i guess phil is still experimenting. :-\  hopefully he'll clean it up in the playoffs  ;)  8)

Lakers had me nervous a couple of weeks ago but it looks now like we're in the playoffs. The queens have 5 back to back games & the Hornets have 9 road games left in  there schedule :laugh: ..

Lakers got the hornets on sunday...i wanna see a blow out. :firedevil:

acbaylove

« Reply #1023 on: March 26, 2006, 01:04:30 AM »
Shit man, that pic of Guerra in your sig is so beautiful i forgot what i had to say. Whatever...

GO LAKERS!

wcsoldier

« Reply #1024 on: March 26, 2006, 01:19:40 AM »
Just when Kwame Brown appeared to be getting on track, he might be slowed by an injury.

Brown suffered what initially appeared to be a minor hamstring injury Friday night near the end of the Lakers' 101-96 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.
But Coach Phil Jackson was somewhat concerned Saturday. Although Brown was at practice and worked out, he was kept off the court.

Jackson said of Brown's right hamstring, "I don't think you'd say it's torn, I think it's just a slight cramp. There's some tightness there."

Jackson said Brown's injury would be further evaluated today, before the team's game against the New Orleans Hornets at Staples Center.

"I don't want to say he might not play," Jackson said. "I just want to say we have to think about possibilities. It's very possible that he may be able to come out and play at full level once he gets warm."

However, Jackson added that he'd rather give Brown the night off than aggravate the injury. He said how much Brown plays probably would be determined by how the game goes.

Brown was the overall No. 1 pick in the 2001 draft, selected by the Washington Wizards straight out of high school, but has not lived up to that billing. However, Brown, acquired in an off-season trade, is coming off his best week as a Laker.

In the last three games, Brown, starting in place of injured center Chris Mihm, averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds and made 19 of 29 field-goal attempts. In the second of the three games, he had 21 points and 12 rebounds in a victory over Sacramento. He had 16 points and nine rebounds Friday.

If Brown is not at full strength, it would probably mean more playing time tonight for Andrew Bynum, even though Jackson recently has been critical of the 18-year-old rookie's play.

keepin_it_real

« Reply #1025 on: March 26, 2006, 01:45:55 AM »
damn, Kwame was jus starting 2 roll, hopefully he'll be aight.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1026 on: March 26, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »
What does Phil see in Sasha? He's garbage. Smush gets it going in the first quarter and then we don't see him again until 4 minutes left in the second while Sasha continues to suck. I don't understand what Phil sees in him. I'd much rather see JJ out there.

Kwame has been kicking ass lately. It's good to see. Hopefully this hamstring thing is minor.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1027 on: March 26, 2006, 01:07:14 PM »
What does Phil see in Sasha? He's garbage. Smush gets it going in the first quarter and then we don't see him again until 4 minutes left in the second while Sasha continues to suck. I don't understand what Phil sees in him. I'd much rather see JJ out there.

Kwame has been kicking ass lately. It's good to see. Hopefully this hamstring thing is minor.

I agree that Sasha plays too much for how little he produces...Don't say he's garbage though, that's pretty harsh. Remember, man, he's still young, still developing, he can hit big shots for us, Phil is just preparing him...I bet you anything hes not gunna be a major part of the rotation come playoff time, but if he is needed, at least he'll be prepared...And I loved his effort against Bibby, it was great...As for Kwame, I hope he plays tonight, cuz I'm going to the game...If not, more Bynum to see...But it'll be tough to win with our 2 bigs down.

And unlike some fans in this thread, I never once doubted that the Lakers would make the playoffs this year...Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver...Who will it be in round 1?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1028 on: March 26, 2006, 01:09:16 PM »

I agree that Sasha plays too much for how little he produces...Don't say he's garbage though, that's pretty harsh. Remember, man, he's still young, still developing, he can hit big shots for us, Phil is just preparing him...I bet you anything hes not gunna be a major part of the rotation come playoff time, but if he is needed, at least he'll be prepared...And I loved his effort against Bibby, it was great...As for Kwame, I hope he plays tonight, cuz I'm going to the game...If not, more Bynum to see...But it'll be tough to win with our 2 bigs down.

And unlike some fans in this thread, I never once doubted that the Lakers would make the playoffs this year...Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Denver...Who will it be in round 1?

thatz cool ur goin to the game, prolly gonna see a good asswhippin  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1029 on: March 26, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »

thatz cool ur goin to the game, prolly gonna see a good asswhippin  8)

LOL...Don't jinx it man...I've been to a lot of games this year, even drove to Phoenix to watch them lose... :-\

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1031 on: March 26, 2006, 05:22:39 PM »

'
No doubt the Lakers will be in the playoffs, I've believed it the whole season.  8)

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1032 on: March 26, 2006, 09:09:36 PM »
Did anyone catch the Laker game tonight vs the Hornets?I was really impressed by how Kwame and Odom played tonight.If they can Play like this for the rest of the season i can see the lakers upseting someone in the playoffs.

wcsoldier

wcsoldier

« Reply #1034 on: March 26, 2006, 09:26:45 PM »
Another win for us, another great game by Lamar and Kwame and yep like Vegas said they start to develop a good chemistry, Lamar found a lot Kwame inside.... I'm just glad how they both stepped it up, Lamar has been a monster in March, WAY more agressive on the offensive side, same for Kwame. I guess they both figured out the triangle (which asks time and some of u , including me were impatient) and are much more confident. Now 3 days off, after that the Spurs would be a great test for our current shape..... Besides that, how was that game Nik ?