Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 285522 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1050 on: March 27, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »
The only thing that will prevent him from getting the MVP is the small number of wins of the Lakers this season. If we had a 55-60wins record..........

the reason alot of people think kobe is the MVP ic b/c in THEIR EYES kobe is surrounded with garbage. And for kobe to carry that garbage to the playoffs, to them is like "WOW"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1051 on: March 27, 2006, 06:02:24 PM »
The only thing that will prevent him from getting the MVP is the small number of wins of the Lakers this season. If we had a 55-60wins record..........

the reason alot of people think kobe is the MVP ic b/c in THEIR EYES kobe is surrounded with garbage. And for kobe to carry that garbage to the playoffs, to them is like "WOW"

It's not even about them being garbage, it's just that they're a completely new team with a new system...It's great for them to get right back in the playoffs so quickly, it shows Kobe's will-power and further proves his greatness...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1052 on: March 27, 2006, 07:23:09 PM »
Now we're looking like a Phil Jackson coached team. I'm so proud of Lamar and Kwame and the way they're playing right now.  8)

It looks like we will be facing Phoenix in the first round barring any bizarre events. What do you guys think our chances are? We'll know a little better when we play them in April.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1053 on: March 27, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »
Now we're looking like a Phil Jackson coached team. I'm so proud of Lamar and Kwame and the way they're playing right now.  8)

It looks like we will be facing Phoenix in the first round barring any bizarre events. What do you guys think our chances are? We'll know a little better when we play them in April.

I think our chances are a lot better than anyone really thinks...Especially since Amare is back.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1054 on: March 27, 2006, 10:17:24 PM »
So, When the Playoffs start are we going to make a Lakers vs Suns thread or are we going to keep on posting here?  ;D ;) 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #1055 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »
So, When the Playoffs start are we going to make a Lakers vs Suns thread or are we going to keep on posting here?  ;D ;) 8)
O we definatly have to make a new thread. Probably titled "The Offical Los Angeles Lakers Playoff's Thread."

I would think when the new season started we'd start a new thread for that season too (The Offical 2006/07 Los Angeles Lakers Thread).  But whatever is to everyone's liking is good.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1056 on: March 27, 2006, 11:30:21 PM »
O we definatly have to make a new thread. Probably titled "The Offical Los Angeles Lakers Playoff's Thread."

I would think when the new season started we'd start a new thread for that season too (The Offical 2006/07 Los Angeles Lakers Thread).  But whatever is to everyone's liking is good.

yea we definitely gotta make a playoff thread and a new thread for next season too,gotta do it  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

wcsoldier

« Reply #1057 on: March 27, 2006, 11:55:32 PM »
Lamar & Kwame = Next great 1-2 punch in the NBA j/k ...props to Lamar for always looking for Kwame 8)

Lakers going for their 5th straight win on thursday.   Fuck the Spurs ;D 8)

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0N5CAB02HU4XM1HDJLKJ6AJ9NP  -- Hornets vs Lakers

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MPPMTT86H3EU1D3BCQ28UCUJH  --- sasha does something stupid  ;D :laugh: 8)
Thanks homie, lol at the end of the vid recap with Ronny saying "Kwame is the best"  ;D  ;D

wcsoldier

« Reply #1058 on: March 28, 2006, 12:26:38 AM »
Yep I know what you mean, though from this perspective you have to change the name of the award....  I mean of course record of the team has his influence in the choice but it wouldn't have such importance. I mean if Kobe (or another top player) played for the Bobcats and qualified them for the playoffs, we wouldn't give him the award coz of they would have only 42-45 wins...... that's BS , you feel me ?. Look at before the season , so few so called NBA experts said the Lakers will make the playoffs, what happened ?.... we all know the story. From my mind Kobe has already succeeded in making the postseason with an unexperienced squad, of course others have to be credited for that, but as a leader, Kobe should get it, if not just renamed it "the MVP of the top 5 teams". We aren't a top 5 team but Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now, replace Kobe with Nash and we would be far from the playoffs race...... Anyway, there has been a lot of BS with this award lately ,  the most ignorant shit was Duncan instead of Kidd in 02.....   :grumpy: :grumpy:

acbaylove

« Reply #1059 on: March 28, 2006, 03:12:05 AM »
Yep I know what you mean, though from this perspective you have to change the name of the award....  I mean of course record of the team has his influence in the choice but it wouldn't have such importance. I mean if Kobe (or another top player) played for the Bobcats and qualified them for the playoffs, we wouldn't give him the award coz of they would have only 42-45 wins...... that's BS , you feel me ?. Look at before the season , so few so called NBA experts said the Lakers will make the playoffs, what happened ?.... we all know the story. From my mind Kobe has already succeeded in making the postseason with an unexperienced squad, of course others have to be credited for that, but as a leader, Kobe should get it, if not just renamed it "the MVP of the top 5 teams". We aren't a top 5 team but Kobe is the best player in the NBA right now, replace Kobe with Nash and we would be far from the playoffs race...... Anyway, there has been a lot of BS with this award lately ,  the most ignorant shit was Duncan instead of Kidd in 02.....   :grumpy: :grumpy:

I agree with you. It's just that in the last 15-20 years they've never honoured the leader of a less-than-50-wins team. That's why we should not get our hopes high.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1060 on: March 28, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

I agree with you. It's just that in the last 15-20 years they've never honoured the leader of a less-than-50-wins team. That's why we should not get our hopes high.

I don't think many people really have their hopes high...We know how the NBA is. Kobe is obviously the most valuable player in the league, the players have said it, the coaches have said it...Media is a different thing, I think they rather see Chris Paul win it than Kobe...Oh well, there's always next year...PeACe

wcsoldier

« Reply #1061 on: March 28, 2006, 01:22:28 PM »
^^^ Yep I know that, I haven't hopes at all when it comes to that award. Medias are BS for the most part, their hate towards Kobe is so blatant.... when I read sth like "Kobe ain't in my 4-5 first choice", I had even a beef with a writer who posts NBA articles on one of the most visited french sport website when he dissed the hell out of Kobe after his 81 pt game. The article was some shit like "Kobe is just a scorer, ain't on Nowitzki or Garnett level....." I respect opinions but I can't stand hate or a very weak knowledge of sth

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1062 on: March 28, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »
I hate it when MF talk smack about KOBE knowing that he is the best player in the NBA.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1063 on: March 28, 2006, 08:10:51 PM »
The Suns got their ass whiped these last 2 games. I think the Lakers do have a shot at beating them in the playoffs.  :-\

rik

« Reply #1064 on: March 28, 2006, 08:15:10 PM »
The Lakers are going to get passed the first round no matter who they play. I gurantee that.