Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 285628 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1080 on: March 29, 2006, 02:54:58 PM »
^^I don't think NIK ment that the Lakers would beat the Spurs (although I wouldn't be surprised if he thought they could). That point you made about playoffs being diffrent from the regular season and Kobe jacking up all the shots in the playoffs could prove to be true. But if they play any team but the Spurs I think they have a chance.

I dont see them beatin the Mavs or Suns tho really. The Mavs are flaky in the palyoffs, but i dont think Avery is gonna let them slip in round 1. They have a lot of talent, and although they never make the finals...they probably wouldnt have that big of a let down. The only problem with them is if they dont get the 1 spot, they get the 4 spot and play the Clips. I see the Clips having a FAR better shot at getting out of the first round the the Lakers. Only thing going against the Clips is that the number 5 spot in the west...is actually a worse spot then the number 6 or 7. The number 5 seed plays either San Antonio or Dallas. Numbers 6 or 7 plays either the Suns or the Nuggets. I can see the Lakers havin that outside shot against Denver. But the Suns are a strong team with good leadership. That leadership is crucial in the Playoffs. The Lakers only chance would be that Amare comes back and somehow that throws off the teams chemistry.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1081 on: March 29, 2006, 02:55:55 PM »
The Last time i checked Phil, kobe & the Lakers have beat the spurs 3 out of the last 4 playoffs series. And have 4 gw winning streek against them in the playoffs  ::)  

« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:56:55 PM by Inglewood Ave »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1082 on: March 29, 2006, 03:12:58 PM »

and even then i dont do a ton of "my team is so great" kind of responses.

That's b/c you don't have bragging rights, you dumb piece of shit  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:  ;D  ..Only retards like you and clipper / Queens fans talk shit to Laker fans when getting owned  :stupid:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1083 on: March 29, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »
^^I don't think NIK ment that the Lakers would beat the Spurs (although I wouldn't be surprised if he thought they could). That point you made about playoffs being diffrent from the regular season and Kobe jacking up all the shots in the playoffs could prove to be true. But if they play any team but the Spurs I think they have a chance.

I dont see them beatin the Mavs or Suns tho really. The Mavs are flaky in the palyoffs, but i dont think Avery is gonna let them slip in round 1. They have a lot of talent, and although they never make the finals...they probably wouldnt have that big of a let down. The only problem with them is if they dont get the 1 spot, they get the 4 spot and play the Clips. I see the Clips having a FAR better shot at getting out of the first round the the Lakers. Only thing going against the Clips is that the number 5 spot in the west...is actually a worse spot then the number 6 or 7. The number 5 seed plays either San Antonio or Dallas. Numbers 6 or 7 plays either the Suns or the Nuggets. I can see the Lakers havin that outside shot against Denver. But the Suns are a strong team with good leadership. That leadership is crucial in the Playoffs. The Lakers only chance would be that Amare comes back and somehow that throws off the teams chemistry.

First of all, genius, Amare has already BEEN back...Second off, are you implying that the Clippers have a better chance in the playoffs than the Lakers, when it's pretty much confirmed that the Clippers first round opponent will be Dallas or San Antonio and it's pretty much confirmed that the Lakers first round opponent will be Phoenix or Denver? LMAO...Dude, you come out of nowhere to say the dumbest shit...I'm not saying the Lakers are the best team in the west, I'm simply saying that they have a great chance to surprise, especially how they've been playing lately, especially since we have Phil (never lost a 1st round match-up), especially since we have Kobe, especially since we beat the elite teams (Dallas twice, Miami, Detroit, San Antonio, etc.), especially since our first-round opponent will be an unexperienced playoff team...Second round might be tough, but I keep faith in the Lakers, and most of the world WILL be surprised...PeACe

rik

« Reply #1084 on: March 29, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »
Amare is out for the season

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1085 on: March 29, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
Amare is out for the season

Yea, but that's just to rest his injury, according to what I heard...I thought it was pretty obvious that he's already in shape to play.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1086 on: March 29, 2006, 06:23:56 PM »
I don't know if you guys remember the 1990 playoffs, when the Lakers lost in the 2nd round to the Phoenix Suns. Magic had 2 games where he scored over 40 points but the Lakers lost both games and the series. Magic's teammates did nothing during the series and Magic's scoring wasn't enough to pull off a win.

We can't stop Nash, period. We need to control the other guys on the Suns. We have to keep Marion off the glass. There are 4 other guys on the court besides Nash. We need to stay at home on them and their 3 point shooters. If Nash gets 50, so be it. Don't let the other guys on the Suns beat us.

Also, we can't play their game. The last time we played the Suns, Phil went small and had a bunch of small forwards on the floor. We need to play our game which means taking advantage of our big men. We need to post up Odom and Kwame all game long and Kobe should take it to the paint and post up when he can. What shot blocking or interior D does Phoenix have, with Kurt Thomas hurt and Amare most likely not playing?

This team is beatable as long as we have a smart game plan. We need to play our game instead of trying to beat Phoenix at theirs. If we do that, we'll lose for sure. Instead if we play to our strenghts, which is our size advantage, we stand a chance of beating this team.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2006, 08:46:01 PM »
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN DA PLAY-OFFS START??I KNOW IS LIKE IN APRIL 23 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!

LAKERS1

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2006, 09:09:37 PM »
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN DA PLAY-OFFS START??I KNOW IS LIKE IN APRIL 23 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!

LAKERS1

nigga u too ghetto  8) 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Doggystylin

« Reply #1089 on: March 29, 2006, 09:37:23 PM »
well, we'll have a better idea of a series against the suns before the playoffs start cause we still have 2 games vs the suns left

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »
well, we'll have a better idea of a series against the suns before the playoffs start cause we still have 2 games vs the suns left

should b too very good games

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #1091 on: March 29, 2006, 11:03:24 PM »
Fuck, the Kings have won 2 in a row.

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #1092 on: March 29, 2006, 11:20:37 PM »
The Last time i checked Phil, kobe & the Lakers have beat the spurs 3 out of the last 4 playoffs series. And have 4 gw winning streek against them in the playoffs  ::) 

Last time I checked the Lakers also had Shaq on the team when that happend as well as a overall good team and not just one player  ::)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1093 on: March 29, 2006, 11:58:51 PM »
^^ Shut the fuck up.

Fuck, the Kings have won 2 in a row.

naw, is only 1 game, they've lost 5 out of there last 8 games ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1094 on: March 30, 2006, 12:18:14 AM »
Im so pump'd up...I can't wait till the playoffs start. Phil WILL come up with a great game plan / make adjustments when we lose a game or two. Remember 2004 playoffs against the spurs? Phil and the coaching staff made their adjustments and we end up beating the shit out of'em the last 4 games.

Remember when the knicks went to the Finals as a 8 seed? The Lakers are going to do the same shit.    ;D