Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 285342 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1755 on: July 09, 2006, 12:45:53 AM »
SPL Box Score - Lakers vs. Grizzlies (Game 1):

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 12:48:45 AM by Now_I_Know »

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1756 on: July 09, 2006, 04:43:09 AM »
Andrew Bynum   :grumpy:  ..He fouled out in a SL game.. 3-7 - 12 pts..only played 20 minutes...not looking good...if he can't dominate in SL, he's not going to be able to dominate in the NBA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1757 on: July 09, 2006, 09:47:28 AM »
Andrew Bynum   :grumpy:  ..He fouled out in a SL game.. 3-7 - 12 pts..only played 20 minutes...not looking good...if he can't dominate in SL, he's not going to be able to dominate in the NBA.

According to people who were there, the refs dominated the game...He picked up 2 quick questionable fouls in the first 30 seconds and was benched... I heard they were handing out fouls like it was nothing...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1758 on: July 09, 2006, 04:57:32 PM »
Just came back from the Lakers-Mavs SPL game...Bynum and Farmar only played the first 3 quarters, cuz Lakers were dominating the game (they won by 28). They both had nice games, especially Bynum with 14 points, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 blocks, 1 steal in 3 quarters...Von Wafer stepped up in the 2nd half and also ended up with a nice game...JR Pinnock and Devin Green stayed pretty consistant, but Pinnock wasn't dominating as much...Box Score:

http://www.summerproleague.com/july9game2.pdf
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 08:39:16 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1759 on: July 09, 2006, 09:14:12 PM »
My Analysis:

Locked For Roster Spots:
Andrew Bynum: Looks good, not completely dominant (as we'd hoped), but still good. Rebounds nicely, but most of his rebounds were uncontested rebounds... He's still soft at times, mostly on the offensive end (Jelani McCoy had a viscious block against him). I think he will get better, but not starting quality as soon as we want him to...

Jordan Farmar: Pretty much looks the best out there. Like everyone said, a natural leader, a winner, a smart player. He has a bright future, there's no doubt about it, I've known this since playing with him in high school. Laker fans are in for a special treat with Jordan...

Competing For Final Roster Spot:
Von Wafer: At times, he looks very shakey, like he is insecure on the court or something. But you can tell he is talented, motsly because of his athleticism...He should mainly be used as a scorer, sort of like an instant-offense player (ala Eddie House). He has a streaky shot, a nice slash to the basket... On the defensive end he can pick up weak-side steals but gets beat off the dribble a lot. He needs to develop his talent a lot more, and I think he can become something...

JR Pinnock: Looks very NBA ready. Much more so than Devin Green and Von Wafer, though I dunno if he's a lock for that final roster spot since they have a years worth of experience in the tri, while he's just a rookie...He looks like a natural out there, very comfortable, creating shots for himself, off and on the ball...A nice defender as well, more athletic than Devin Green on the defensive end and seems to have all the fundamentals down...

Devin Green: I think he's pretty much the same player as last year, maybe slightly improved. His jump-shot is still shakey. Nice on the defensive end, good at keeping up with his man...Can score, but doesn't look like it comes natural to him. When he gets comfortable, he plays good, runs the sets really well...But he's in and out, he also needs to develop his game...

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #1760 on: July 10, 2006, 12:12:28 AM »

According to people who were there, the refs dominated the game...He picked up 2 quick questionable fouls in the first 30 seconds and was benched... I heard they were handing out fouls like it was nothing...PeACe
^Yeah...that one ref at that game was just horrible, givin' out bad calls like it was nothin' but it was still a good game & Bynum still played well...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1761 on: July 10, 2006, 03:56:32 PM »
"Apparently the Los Angeles Lakers don't have any interest in signing free agent and former Wolves point guard Marcus Banks after spending their midlevel exception on Vladimir Radmanovic. Banks could be back in a Wolves uniform."

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/541979.html

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1762 on: July 11, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516332

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors rejected a sexual assault claim against Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown on Tuesday because of a lack of evidence.

The allegation was made during the Lakers' first-round Western Conference playoff series with Phoenix and had been under investigation since. Brown had denied any wrongdoing and was never arrested.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said it decided not to prosecute Brown after "a medical exam of the victim was reviewed and revealed no signs of forcible sexual assault." There was also no corroborating forensic evidence, it said.

In May, police said that they were investigating a report of a sexual assault from early Saturday, hours after Los Angeles beat the Suns in Game 3. Police did not say when the report was filed or by whom. No charges were filed.

"I'm just staying grounded and staying with my family," Brown said at the time. "I'm confident it will get resolved. You've just got to roll with the punches -- life goes on. I just come out and play. You've got to go to work every day, don't you?"

In May, police spokeswoman April Harding said Brown had not been approached by investigators and declined to release any details of the allegation.

"This investigation is definitely in its preliminary stages," she said.

Brown's attorney, Brian O'Neill, declined comment at the time.

"I can't and I won't" while the investigation continued, he said.

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

rik

« Reply #1763 on: July 11, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »
^ Good to hear.

Doggystylin

« Reply #1764 on: July 11, 2006, 01:13:55 PM »
hey NIK, whats the schedule, im down to go

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1765 on: July 11, 2006, 02:43:14 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516332

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors rejected a sexual assault claim against Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown on Tuesday because of a lack of evidence.

The allegation was made during the Lakers' first-round Western Conference playoff series with Phoenix and had been under investigation since. Brown had denied any wrongdoing and was never arrested.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said it decided not to prosecute Brown after "a medical exam of the victim was reviewed and revealed no signs of forcible sexual assault." There was also no corroborating forensic evidence, it said.

In May, police said that they were investigating a report of a sexual assault from early Saturday, hours after Los Angeles beat the Suns in Game 3. Police did not say when the report was filed or by whom. No charges were filed.

"I'm just staying grounded and staying with my family," Brown said at the time. "I'm confident it will get resolved. You've just got to roll with the punches -- life goes on. I just come out and play. You've got to go to work every day, don't you?"

In May, police spokeswoman April Harding said Brown had not been approached by investigators and declined to release any details of the allegation.

"This investigation is definitely in its preliminary stages," she said.

Brown's attorney, Brian O'Neill, declined comment at the time.

"I can't and I won't" while the investigation continued, he said.

Great...The stupid bitch cost the Lakers the Suns series for nothing. Conspiracy? Possibly... :-\

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1766 on: July 11, 2006, 02:48:46 PM »
Yeah, Kwame looked completely shook after that. That's fucked up. Females that make false rape allegations should get jail time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1767 on: July 11, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »
hey NIK, whats the schedule, im down to go

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/summer_league_roster06.html

Yea, we should go maybe tomorrow or Friday...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1768 on: July 11, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
The full article VVV

Deputy District Attorney Darci Johnson wrote in an evaluation of the case that the decision not to prosecute was made after "a medical exam of the victim was reviewed and revealed no signs of forcible sexual assault." There was also no corroborating forensic evidence found and Brown's attorney refused to allow him to talk to police.

The woman claimed the assault occurred in the early-morning hours of April 29, hours after Game 3 of the playoff series, which Phoenix went on to win.

In reasoning against filing charges, the evaluation described the claim as a "one on one" allegation.

The woman "admits engaging in some consensual activity" with Brown prior to the alleged assault and she remained in his home for several hours afterward, it said.

The woman's statements were consistent, the evaluation noted, but "the lack of physical evidence or a statement by the suspect means the case cannot be proven at the appropriate standard."

The Lakers referred inquiries on the decision to Brown's representatives. Telephone messages seeking comment were left at the office of agent Arn Tellem and for attorney Brian O'Neill.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1769 on: July 11, 2006, 03:52:13 PM »
Seriously, there has to be a law punishing women who wrongly accuse celebrities of rape. This shit is ridiculous.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin