Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286000 times)

rik

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #1845 on: August 08, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »
^ That would be tight but seems unlikely.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1846 on: August 08, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
^ That would be tight but seems unlikely.

Yea, I'm really fine with our roster now though...This move might even complicate things, so it's not something I really have my hopes up for...

rik

« Reply #1847 on: August 08, 2006, 11:48:43 AM »
Yea, I'm really fine with our roster now though...This move might even complicate things, so it's not something I really have my hopes up for...

Yeah man that's exactly what I was thinking.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1848 on: August 08, 2006, 03:33:01 PM »
I want Drew Gooden. The Lakers want him and he wants to come to the Lakers. Somebody get Mitch on the phone ASAP.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1849 on: August 08, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »
I want Drew Gooden. The Lakers want him and he wants to come to the Lakers. Somebody get Mitch on the phone ASAP.

I wouldn't mind, but really, how much of an upgrade is he really over Kwame/Odom/Cook/Turiaf rotating at the 4? Plus learning the triangle...Don't know if it's worth it.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #1850 on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »
I dont think it would be worth it for LA to aquire Gooden, but I do think it would be worth it for them to aquire Harrington.  The Lakers and Warriors are possible destinations for AL but I still think he will end up in Indy, at least I hope so :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1851 on: August 08, 2006, 03:51:14 PM »

I wouldn't mind, but really, how much of an upgrade is he really over Kwame/Odom/Cook/Turiaf rotating at the 4? Plus learning the triangle...Don't know if it's worth it.

We need to get rid of Cook & Turiaf. Both of them combined still don't do as much as Gooden. And L.O. could play the 3 spot and really bully other sf's such as Carmello, Caron, Lebron, etc.

I'm saying it in advance - do not write me a fuckin essay about how good Cook and Turiaf are, cuz I won't read it.l

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1852 on: August 08, 2006, 04:02:33 PM »
Turiaf is cool...i would love to replace cook & mihm with Gooden & Al  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1853 on: August 08, 2006, 04:12:42 PM »

We need to get rid of Cook & Turiaf. Both of them combined still don't do as much as Gooden. And L.O. could play the 3 spot and really bully other sf's such as Carmello, Caron, Lebron, etc.

I'm saying it in advance - do not write me a fuckin essay about how good Cook and Turiaf are, cuz I won't read it.l

LMAO@getting rid of Turiaf, our 2nd round steal...You don't deserve a paragraph, Cook is a great spot-up shooter off the bench and Turiaf has great potential, especially on the defensive end+boards...I would trade for Gooden, but we'd have to give up way more than I'm willing.... ::)

rik

« Reply #1854 on: August 08, 2006, 04:33:08 PM »
Turiaf has potential, but I could care less about Cook.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1855 on: August 08, 2006, 04:57:15 PM »
Kobe to send eight minority college students to Italy

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers' All-Star guard Kobe Bryant announced Thursday he has offered eight college students a chance to go to Italy and discover the country where he spent part of his childhood.

"It's really exciting for us, to have the opportunity to do something like this," said Bryant, referring to the Vivo Foundation that he started. The foundation's first program, called Vivo Del Mondo, will organize a nine-day, all-expense paid trip to Italy for eight black and Hispanic college students.

The students, who were selected by two scholarship funds, will visit Rome, Florence and Venice beginning next week.

"With me growing up overseas -- being exposed to another world, another culture, another way of life -- to able to open those doors for somebody else is special," Bryant said.

Bryant, 27, spent eight years of his childhood in Italy while his father, Joe, was establishing himself as a basketball star there. He speaks Italian fluently and has returned to Italy many times since he and his family left in 1992.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1856 on: August 08, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

LMAO@getting rid of Turiaf, our 2nd round steal...You don't deserve a paragraph, Cook is a great spot-up shooter off the bench and Turiaf has great potential, especially on the defensive end+boards...I would trade for Gooden, but we'd have to give up way more than I'm willing.... ::)

Brian Cook | 43
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   7.9
 RPG   3.40
 APG   0.9
 EFF   + 9.02

Ronny Turiaf | 21
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   2.0
 RPG   1.60
 APG   0.3
 EFF   + 3.00

Combined total of
PPG: 9.9
RPG: 5
APG: 1.6

now look at Drew Gooden's numbers alone...

Drew Gooden | 90
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   10.7
 RPG   8.40
 APG   0.7
 EFF   + 14.70

I'd take the 10 & 8 over those 2 roster fillers anyday.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1857 on: August 08, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

Brian Cook | 43
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   7.9
 RPG   3.40
 APG   0.9
 EFF   + 9.02

Ronny Turiaf | 21
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   2.0
 RPG   1.60
 APG   0.3
 EFF   + 3.00

Combined total of

Drew Gooden | 90
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   10.7
 RPG   8.40
 APG   0.7
 EFF   + 14.70

Are you an idiot? Turiaf was a ROOKIE who came back from heart surgery midway through the season...LMAO. He played 7 MPG. Cook played 19 MPG, Gooden played 30!...Cook is a bench player and he shot a better percentage than Gooden...Not saying he's better, but what you're saying is hilarious, especially dissing Turiaf like that... Up your knowledge...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #1858 on: August 08, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »

Brian Cook | 43
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   7.9
 RPG   3.40
 APG   0.9
 EFF   + 9.02

Ronny Turiaf | 21
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   2.0
 RPG   1.60
 APG   0.3
 EFF   + 3.00

Combined total of

Drew Gooden | 90
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   10.7
 RPG   8.40
 APG   0.7
 EFF   + 14.70

Are you an idiot? Turiaf was a ROOKIE who came back from heart surgery midway through the season...LMAO. He played 7 MPG. Cook played 19 MPG, Gooden played 30!...Cook is a bench player and he shot a better percentage than Gooden...Not saying he's better, but what you're saying is hilarious, especially dissing Turiaf like that... Up your knowledge...PeACe

What's your point? Neither one of them are gonna do as much as Gooden can do this season. Which is why they should get rid of them now and pick up some players who are actually good for something. I'm afraid that the Lakers organization thinks like you (which is why our roster is full of leftovers). If we would've kept Caron & Chucky we would've beat Phoenix, but noooo we just had to get Kwame Brown.

Keep Odom. Keep Mihm. Keep Smush. Keep Sasha. Keep Bynum. Keep Jordan. Keep Vlad. Kobe is a given.

The rest of these dudes need to improve or get traded. I don't have time for this 'oh but he has potential' bullshiet. Use your talent or get off the team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #1859 on: August 08, 2006, 06:40:11 PM »

Brian Cook | 43
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   7.9
 RPG   3.40
 APG   0.9
 EFF   + 9.02

Ronny Turiaf | 21
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   2.0
 RPG   1.60
 APG   0.3
 EFF   + 3.00

Combined total of

Drew Gooden | 90
2005-06 Statistics
 PPG   10.7
 RPG   8.40
 APG   0.7
 EFF   + 14.70

What's your point? Neither one of them are gonna do as much as Gooden can do this season. Which is why they should get rid of them now and pick up some players who are actually good for something. I'm afraid that the Lakers organization thinks like you (which is why our roster is full of leftovers). If we would've kept Caron & Chucky we would've beat Phoenix, but noooo we just had to get Kwame Brown.

Keep Odom. Keep Mihm. Keep Smush. Keep Sasha. Keep Bynum. Keep Jordan. Keep Vlad. Kobe is a given.

The rest of these dudes need to improve or get traded. I don't have time for this 'oh but he has potential' bullshiet. Use your talent or get off the team.

LMAO...I don't consider you a Laker fan...LMFAO@we would've beaten the Suns if we had Caron & Atkins instead of Kwame...WE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME POSITION HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR KWAME... ::)

Our roster is not full of leftovers, everyone is a piece to the puzzle, they may not be 15 perfect pieces, but you're just a dickhead...PeACe