Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278850 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
40pts for the Bobcats in the 1st quarter WTF

LOL.. must've been the worst defensive effort since the last rookie challenge game

Worse than that...Lakers were lost. They're losing themselves. They're exhausted. I'd presume they're exhausted today as well...Hopefully it wont show as much against New Orleans.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #526 on: February 04, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »
i thought tonite would be a game when Smush would have an opportunity to really show what he's got, goin up against the rookie of the year C Paul. Paul's havin a good game so far with 11 assists, fuckin ridiculous what this kids been doin this season

on another note, kobe's havin a good game but w/o Lamar these Lakers seem like they're struggling. Kobe George and Cook are the only ones that are showin up

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #527 on: February 04, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »
Who didn't see this coming. We have no front-court defense without Odom AND Mihm, and our scoring options are very minimal. This road trip does not look like a good one. Lakers just wanna get this one over... :-\

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2006, 03:17:12 PM »
The Lakers are really struggling without Lamar out there. The defenses are really keyeing in on Kobe and the rest of the team just doesn't have enough talent to overcome that. The Lakers are getting murdered on the glass the last 2 games. Defensively, we're getting picked apart but I think the main difference that is causing these teams to score so much is the lack of rebounding that we have with Chris and Lamar out. That leaves only one rebounder, Kwame Brown. Brian Cook is not a rebounder in any way shape or form.

I think we may just have to eat this road trip and concentrate on getting the guys healthy. Deavan was limping at the end of the game, Kwame twisted his ankle and Smush took a nice hit to the grill.

Our team is just beat up and tired right now. As long as Chris and Lamar are out, we'll be hard pressed to get wins, unless Devean, Smush and Cook can have career games and we shore up our backcourt D. That has been a problem since 2 weeks into the regular season.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
Payback is a bitch, haha. Next time think twice before you score 62 in 3 quarters and embarrass an elite team. This night Lakers gon get psychologically destroyed.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
Payback is a bitch, haha. Next time think twice before you score 62 in 3 quarters and embarrass an elite team. This night Lakers gon get psychologically destroyed.

Lakers are thin right now. If Dallas loses AGAIN, I am convinced that the Lakers can easily be a better ream.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2006, 11:06:55 PM »
Lakers barely hangin on to the 8 spot in the West

Rockets gonna bump Utah into the picture

Wish i could see this game on espn2 instead of chicago vs. denver :'(

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #532 on: February 08, 2006, 07:05:54 AM »
^^ nah, if I was the Lakers, Id fear Houston more than Utah or the TWolves. IF healthy, they are a true playoff team, no fucking denying it. They just had really bad luck with injuries so far. I mean wtf, they have 2 All-Star starters and don't make the playoffs? Fuck outta here, if they stay/get healthy, they will catch the 8th spot. Minnesota has a chance if they can build up some chemistry fast. Sacramento is not completely out of the picture either, with aquiring Artest who is much better than Stojakovic there.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #533 on: February 08, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »
Yeah it's kinda scaring. But i remain positive.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #534 on: February 08, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »
Theres no chance the Lakers wont make the playoffs...I will kill everyone I know if they don't. I noticed that the Lakers are currently a rollercoaster team. They can have stretches of excellence on both ends, and then not score a field goal for the next 10 minutes...It's crazy shit. I know for a fact that it wont be like this come playoff time. At some point, they'll learn to maintain their excellence. Also, the Lakers actually made a comeback from a 20 point deficit last night and took a 2 point lead late in the 3rd quarter. This is without Mihm, our secondary offense. Lakers will definitely be a surprise team in the playoffs...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2006, 11:28:49 AM »
Yeah it's kinda scaring. But i remain positive.

wcsoldier

« Reply #536 on: February 09, 2006, 03:10:05 AM »
Good win against the Rockets. Cook should start as a PF. Here's why : he's our only consistent shooter and with Kobe dble teamed he can have lots of easy shoots and score 15-20 a game. Then when opposite teams will understand, Kobe will have more space again. Use Kwame and Ronny as solid post defenders and rebounders coming from the bench, especially with Mihm in foul trouble. Plus for the Kobe haters, did u notice he took 29 shots and still have 9 assists? It's the proof it's not on Kobe, just about others steppin their game up and knock shots down  8)

acbaylove

« Reply #537 on: February 09, 2006, 05:47:13 AM »
Good win against the Rockets. Cook should start as a PF. Here's why : he's our only consistent shooter and with Kobe dble teamed he can have lots of easy shoots and score 15-20 a game. Then when opposite teams will understand, Kobe will have more space again. Use Kwame and Ronny as solid post defenders and rebounders coming from the bench, especially with Mihm in foul trouble. Plus for the Kobe haters, did u notice he took 29 shots and still have 9 assists? It's the proof it's not on Kobe, just about others steppin their game up and knock shots down  8)

Wassup with Medvedenko? I think he can score 8-10 ppg too.

wcsoldier

« Reply #538 on: February 09, 2006, 05:49:07 AM »

Wassup with Medvedenko? I think he can score 8-10 ppg too.
when is he back, what about Mckie too ?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #539 on: February 09, 2006, 06:37:53 AM »
the only thing medvedenko can do in basketball is knocking down semi-open mid-range jumpers.
could be useful when kobe is multi-teamed
cook>brown
No, it's not a sin