Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278957 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8595 on: December 11, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »
I forgot about that... Dragic... damn... I would have fired Stern. It's like Stern didn't want his legacy that the cornerstone franchises dominated the league. LOL... I mean at least the Bulls had a good run during the Stern era, and the Spurs. Those are two none traditional franchises that now are #3 and #4 all time in titles. But through it all, the Lakers still had their run and now they will still rise up. Kobe is kicking some ass. Those that can't take will not be in purple and gold next year.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8596 on: December 11, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »
Thank you based Stern

klientel818

« Reply #8597 on: December 11, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »
LAKERS!

Sccit

« Reply #8598 on: December 12, 2014, 08:33:38 PM »
11 points away

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8599 on: December 23, 2014, 11:39:44 PM »
Lakers beat Golden State today, no Kobe and 7 players in double figures. I think maybe the Lakers should give Kobe some breaks. I think it re-energized the team and gave Kobe some much needed rest. Don't get it twisted, the Lakers are far better with #24, but sometimes everyone just needs some time apart.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #8600 on: December 24, 2014, 05:56:50 AM »
Lakers beat Golden State today, no Kobe and 7 players in double figures. I think maybe the Lakers should give Kobe some breaks. I think it re-energized the team and gave Kobe some much needed rest. Don't get it twisted, the Lakers are far better with #24, but sometimes everyone just needs some time apart.

No need to get it twisted, Kobe is worried about his points and nothing else.

Sccit

« Reply #8601 on: December 24, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
^kobe wants a 6th ring above all else, i think even u know that......................but our players dont put this kinda effort up on a nightly basis. thats what irks kobe and byron.

lets see if we can build on this tho.

klientel818

« Reply #8602 on: December 24, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »

No need to get it twisted, Kobe is worried about his points and nothing else.

The fuck out here with that Shit. Kobe got the #heart of a champion my nigga

Sccit

« Reply #8603 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
Kobe Shits On American AAU, Praises European Basketball System

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant believes European basketball players are more skillful than American basketball players, and says it's a growing trend that can be blamed on the greed and coaching at the AAU level.

"I just think European players are just way more skillful," Bryant said Friday night after the Los Angeles Lakers' 109-106 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. "They are just taught the game the right way at an early age. ... They're more skillful. It's something we really have to fix. We really have to address that. We have to teach our kids to play the right way."

I just think European players are just way more skillful," Kobe Bryant said Friday. "They are just taught the game the right way at an early age."

Bryant was quick to point the finger for the decline of skilled players in the United States.

"AAU basketball," Bryant said. "Horrible, terrible AAU basketball. It's stupid. It doesn't teach our kids how to play the game at all so you wind up having players that are big and they bring it up and they do all this fancy crap and they don't know how to post. They don't know the fundamentals of the game. It's stupid."

Bryant was born in Philadelphia, but when he was 6, his father, former NBA player Joe Bryant, moved the family to Italy to continue his playing career. Kobe spent his childhood in Europe until Joe retired in 1991 and moved the family back to the United States.

"When you have limitations and you understand your limitations and you stay within yourself, you can be great," Kobe Bryant said. "You know what you can do and what you can't do. In America, it's a big problem for us because we're not teaching players how to play all-around basketball. That's why you have Pau and Marc [Gasol], and that's the reason why 90 percent of the Spurs' roster is European players, because they have more skill."

Bryant smiled when asked what type of player he would have become if his family had never moved to Italy and he hadn't learned how to play the game in Europe.

"I probably wouldn't be able to dribble with my left and shoot with my left and have good footwork," Bryant said. "I was kind of fortunate because when I was growing up in Italy, the Red Auerbachs and the Tex Winters and all those great coaches were doing clinics and camps in Europe. They were teaching all the club coaches, and the club coaches were following their advice and their fundamentals like the bible, and they were teaching all of us kids that type of stuff. Me, Manu [Ginobili]and all these guys that grew up around that same time, we're a product of that. It's a big difference."

Bryant had a simple solution to the problem.

"Teach players the game at an early age and stop treating them like cash cows for everyone to profit off of," he said. "That's how you do that. You have to teach them the game. Give them instruction."

But Bryant, who holds an annual summer basketball camp, also was quick to point out that any solution involving changing the current culture of AAU basketball won't happen overnight.

"That's a deep well because then you start cutting into people's pockets," Bryant said. "People get really upset when you start cutting into their pockets because all they do is try to profit off these poor kids. There's no quick answer."

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8604 on: January 15, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
yet another Laker loss

Sccit

« Reply #8605 on: January 16, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »
kobe was mentally punkin lebron the entire game........give kobe 2 other all-stars to play with and it woulda been a blow out

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8606 on: January 19, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #8607 on: January 19, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »
Bryant is complete trash at this point... his high usage rate combined with his low efficiency is really hurting the team. If I was a Laker fan, I'd beg him to retire. Now since I am not, I hope he plays 5 more seasons.

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8608 on: January 20, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »

yes, because the lakers would be beastin if it werent for kobe.....u are a genius for bein able to see that while no one else could.

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #8609 on: January 20, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

jk

They have NO chance of making the playoffs regardless - so yes, if the plan is to keep Kobe on the team to tank and get better picks, it's the right move to keep him. Just not for 5 times of his real athlete value.

lets be real, the team is terrible...and you're only as good as your team. if kobe was playing wit a cast of all-stars ala lebron, then he would be having a stellar season. it's pretty obvious.