Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 278864 times)

Sccit

Re: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #8685 on: March 13, 2019, 12:19:03 PM »
After one season of LeBron, is it time to add LeBron to the ALL TIME LAKERS TEAM? I was looking at stats, and well he's NOT better statistically than Elgin Baylor in Elgin's prime, he did do better than James Worthy than Worthy in his prime. Right now, I have my all time Laker team like this. I'm judging them as just Lakers, so LeBron and Wilt would be washed up, if they are in their prime as Lakers, then they are in their prime.

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

I honestly don't see LeBron as over Worthy, but I did notice his stats this year as a Laker were better than Worthy's as a Laker. I do give credit to Worthy as his lost many points to Kareem, since Kareem is he best center of all time, and statistically better than LeBron on all analytics. But what says you?

referencing stats of a known stat padder

nice trollin

even robert horry goes on an all-time laker list before lebron

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8686 on: March 13, 2019, 01:02:23 PM »
After one season of LeBron, is it time to add LeBron to the ALL TIME LAKERS TEAM? I was looking at stats, and well he's NOT better statistically than Elgin Baylor in Elgin's prime, he did do better than James Worthy than Worthy in his prime. Right now, I have my all time Laker team like this. I'm judging them as just Lakers, so LeBron and Wilt would be washed up, if they are in their prime as Lakers, then they are in their prime.

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

I honestly don't see LeBron as over Worthy, but I did notice his stats this year as a Laker were better than Worthy's as a Laker. I do give credit to Worthy as his lost many points to Kareem, since Kareem is he best center of all time, and statistically better than LeBron on all analytics. But what says you?

nice trollin

People underrate Horry. I think of him as the first true spread-4. Think of it, he was a SF in the 90's, Phil Jackson came and moved him to the PF position and used him to be an outside shooter to open the lane for Shaq. Before Elden Campbell would crowd the lane with Shaq, but you put in Horry, he stretches tradition PF's out, and Shaq can go to work inside. Horry has a very underrated role in NBA history as it transitioned to the modern game of today.

Sccit

« Reply #8687 on: March 13, 2019, 01:16:01 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

nice trollin

People underrate Horry. I think of him as the first true spread-4. Think of it, he was a SF in the 90's, Phil Jackson came and moved him to the PF position and used him to be an outside shooter to open the lane for Shaq. Before Elden Campbell would crowd the lane with Shaq, but you put in Horry, he stretches tradition PF's out, and Shaq can go to work inside. Horry has a very underrated role in NBA history as it transitioned to the modern game of today.

definitely.. one of the goat role players

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8688 on: March 13, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

nice trollin

definitely.. one of the goat role players

Easily. He was one of the early reasons the game has spread out. Now Dirk was a little before Horry in terms of being a Stretch-4, but people forget, Dirk's 90's years were terrible and he was completely over matched. Horry on the other hand picked up the role perfectly, and he didn't need to be the focus of the offense like Dirk, so he could play the role much better. He allowed the Lakers to be early adapters to the modern game.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8689 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

Worthy was sick!! He was smooth, kind of silent but deadly. I re-watched the Bulls finals series again and everyone thinks the Lakers got blown away cause of 4-1 but Worthy was playing injured and he was still holding it down—they took game 1 in Chicago and had game 3 on lock but let the Bulls come back late in the game and tied to go to overtime.  After that the Bulls kind of took control and when Worthy started sitting out it was over.

How about Divac?   That dude was sick!!!  He wasn’t gettin any props but dude was making play after play.  Maybe they felt he wasn’t hard enough on defense or boards but offensively he was a dangerous weapons from his first game in a Lakers uniform.  He was underrated his whole career.  He always made his teams better.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #8690 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:02 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

Worthy was sick!! He was smooth, kind of silent but deadly. I re-watched the Bulls finals series again and everyone thinks the Lakers got blown away cause of 4-1 but Worthy was playing injured and he was still holding it down—they took game 1 in Chicago and had game 3 on lock but let the Bulls come back late in the game and tied to go to overtime.  After that the Bulls kind of took control and when Worthy started sitting out it was over.

How about Divac?   That dude was sick!!!  He wasn’t gettin any props but dude was making play after play.  Maybe they felt he wasn’t hard enough on defense or boards but offensively he was a dangerous weapons from his first game in a Lakers uniform.  He was underrated his whole career.  He always made his teams better.

yup .. we definitely woulda won in 91 if not for injuries

divac was a beast too... jokic before jokic

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8691 on: March 15, 2019, 03:20:19 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

The sad part is, the Lakers have such a rich history at center, that the best a center can hope for is that they outperform Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain! Granted, he was at the end of his career and only averaging 22ppg, but also 22RPG! And the way centers play now a days, I don't see the Lakers top 3 centers ever changing in my lifetime.

Sccit

« Reply #8692 on: March 15, 2019, 03:38:23 PM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

The sad part is, the Lakers have such a rich history at center, that the best a center can hope for is that they outperform Wilt fuckin' Chamberlain! Granted, he was at the end of his career and only averaging 22ppg, but also 22RPG! And the way centers play now a days, I don't see the Lakers top 3 centers ever changing in my lifetime.

1.KAREEM
2.WILT
3.SHAQ
4.MIKAN
5.DIVAC

YOU CAN THROW PAU BEFORE DIVAC, BUT HE WAS MORE OF A 4

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8693 on: March 18, 2019, 08:04:09 AM »

PG Magic, Fisher
SG Kobe, West, Goodwich
SF Baylor, Worthy
PF Gasol, Green
C Kareem, Shaq, Wilt

1.KAREEM
2.WILT
3.SHAQ
4.MIKAN
5.DIVAC

YOU CAN THROW PAU BEFORE DIVAC, BUT HE WAS MORE OF A 4

I always put Pau at 4, though he actually played the center in the triangle, Pau was a natural 4 and defended the 4. Mikan was about 15 rpg before the rebound was an official stat. Yeah, it's hard to think of a center in the future ever getting even Mikan's numbers. About 28ppg, and 15rpg in his prime (which he was already in by the time the NBA started). The best center in the league right now is Anthony Davis, and he's 26ppg and 12rpg, he's entering his prime and he's not there with Mikan in his prime. Now Mikan's body broke down before the age of 30, but that was common back then as sports medicine wasn't close to what it is today.

But yea, I have to agree with your list, except I put Shaq over Wilt. Shaq was a Laker right in his prime. His young years were in Orlando, his past his prime years in Miami, but his absolute prime years were in LA. Shaq was around 30 ppg in his prime (never reaching it, but getting close), were as Wilt struggled to get 20 ppg. Shaq had an MVP year as a Laker, Wilt didn't. So  I'd rank Shaq over Wilt. Of course 1 is Kareem.

Tanners ex-Husband

« Reply #8694 on: March 23, 2019, 03:06:43 PM »
Lebron James isn't better than Mike James at this point. I think Magic will release him sooner than later.

On tha blocc 661

« Reply #8695 on: March 31, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Matt Barnes on westward 1 said he'll coach the Lake Show Nex Seasons

Sccit

« Reply #8696 on: August 20, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »
WE BYKE

Game-Won

« Reply #8697 on: August 21, 2020, 02:36:32 AM »
1-1 !!!

Was a good game =)
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Game-Won

« Reply #8698 on: August 25, 2020, 01:51:12 AM »
3-1 Lakers in this mofo!
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Game-Won

« Reply #8699 on: August 30, 2020, 10:21:20 PM »
LAL is on to the next round!
- Kobe