Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287951 times)

WC Iz Active

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2265 on: October 26, 2006, 09:06:08 PM »
LMFAO!!!!! Andrew Bynum just yelled at Sasha Vujacic "GIVE ME THE FUCKING BALL!!!" right after Sasha passed up feeding it to Bynum, who established good low-post position...You could hear it on TNT.

HAHAHAH I know that was crazy!! Bynum is playing like a beast to.  At first I thought it was a fan but then I could see Bynum upset at Sasha.  It was so loud to, extremely easy to hear.  Also Nene is looking slow on D tonight, hasnt recovered from last year yet

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2266 on: October 26, 2006, 09:57:55 PM »
Bynum-
23 Points, 7 Rebounds, 5 Assists...The future is lookin' great!

PS...Lakers lost the game, but who gives a fuck. Season starts MONDAY and I can't wait with all the hype surrounding our new/young guys.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2267 on: October 26, 2006, 10:11:22 PM »
Damn Bynum... great to see he got such games... outside that, Nik do u think Kobe gonna play the opener ?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2268 on: October 26, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »
It was just the pre-season, but if Bynum could play like that all season  :o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2269 on: October 26, 2006, 10:12:52 PM »
Damn Bynum... great to see he got such games... outside that, Nik do u think Kobe gonna play the opener ?

^^Most likely, yes. I'd say it's about 95%...

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2270 on: October 26, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »

99% 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2271 on: October 26, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »
Loved that back-to-back steal by Farmar. 8) Felt like I was watching an instant replay. Bynum is an beast, he'll be able to hold is own at center for a while. All round good game for the players despite the loss.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2272 on: October 27, 2006, 04:42:26 AM »
Bynum is going to shit on the suns  ..but yeah, i like the way bynum has been playing the last 2 games, demanding the ball and shit....he just needs to do a better job gettin rebounds and playing defense.

And Vlad did not have one good game in the pre-season...hopefully he doesn't get off to a bad start.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2273 on: October 27, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »
Bynum looked like a totally different player out there than what he has shown before. Maybe I was wrong? I hope so.

I can't wait until the season starts.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2274 on: October 27, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »

too bad Kobe said it himself (yesterday) that there's only an 85% chance of him playing on opening night.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2275 on: October 27, 2006, 03:52:52 PM »
It doesn't look like Brian Cook is getting that extension  ;D

"Brian Cook's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Thursday it looks as if his client and the Lakers aren't going to be able to reach a deal for a contract extension. Cook and the Lakers have until Tuesday to finalize a deal. Bartelstein said he has negotiated with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and will continue to talk until then. "My guess is that we probably won't get something done," Bartelstein said in a phone interview. Riverside Press-Enterprise

"I'm not disappointed in how things have gone," said Cook, who had 13 points in the Lakers' 126-108 exhibition loss to the Denver Nuggets at the Honda Center. "I want to be here with the Lakers. But no matter what happens, I'll be good." Cook started 46 games last season. With injuries to centers Kwame Brown (right shoulder rotator cuff bruise) and Chris Mihm (recovering from right ankle surgery), Cook, a 6-foot-9 forward, becomes a primary big man for the Lakers this season. "Going into free agency is not something he's afraid of," Bartelstein said. "If he has a good season, it'll be good for him." Riverside Press-Enterprise
"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2276 on: October 27, 2006, 06:57:36 PM »
Maybe I was wrong?

LOL. That's what I've BEEN telling you...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2277 on: October 27, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »

too bad Kobe said it himself (yesterday) that there's only an 85% chance of him playing on opening night.

Word, I made those comments before it was reported. TNT reported he was playing for sure last night, but I also read reports of his knee still feeling "ginger" these last few days... Who knows?...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2278 on: October 27, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »
It doesn't look like Brian Cook is getting that extension  ;D

"Brian Cook's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Thursday it looks as if his client and the Lakers aren't going to be able to reach a deal for a contract extension. Cook and the Lakers have until Tuesday to finalize a deal. Bartelstein said he has negotiated with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak and will continue to talk until then. "My guess is that we probably won't get something done," Bartelstein said in a phone interview. Riverside Press-Enterprise

"I'm not disappointed in how things have gone," said Cook, who had 13 points in the Lakers' 126-108 exhibition loss to the Denver Nuggets at the Honda Center. "I want to be here with the Lakers. But no matter what happens, I'll be good." Cook started 46 games last season. With injuries to centers Kwame Brown (right shoulder rotator cuff bruise) and Chris Mihm (recovering from right ankle surgery), Cook, a 6-foot-9 forward, becomes a primary big man for the Lakers this season. "Going into free agency is not something he's afraid of," Bartelstein said. "If he has a good season, it'll be good for him." Riverside Press-Enterprise
"

That only means he has to EARN his money now, which is a good thing...I'd prefer to keep him, he's an extremely potent offensive weapon on an uprise...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2279 on: October 27, 2006, 07:48:28 PM »
3 MORE DAY 8)