Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288219 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2355 on: October 31, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »
This game was a thing of beauty. Odom played like a man possessed. Bynum, Evans and Luke looked good out there too.

*jumping the gun time*

Once we get Kobe back, I don't think we're going to be fucked with.

We have something special here you guys.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2356 on: October 31, 2006, 10:58:32 PM »
This game was a thing of beauty. Odom played like a man possessed. Bynum, Evans and Luke looked good out there too.

*jumping the gun time*

^I agree 100% with you... 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2357 on: October 31, 2006, 11:04:27 PM »

*jumping the gun time*

^I agree 100% with you... 8)
Yep. Without the best player in the league and a second starter out they beat a team that is suppose to contend for the finals. Think what'll happen when K&K (Kobe and Kwame) come back. :o

wcsoldier

« Reply #2358 on: October 31, 2006, 11:13:57 PM »
When the full roster is able to play, I think we are going to be something. The difference is our bench gonna be WAY deeper than last year

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2359 on: October 31, 2006, 11:19:28 PM »
beautiful game,loved the way odom and bynum played  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2360 on: October 31, 2006, 11:38:01 PM »
hell yeah that what im talking bout..i went 2 the game to with the homie shit was cool 8) i was scaremin ~FUCK THE SUNS~ when the game was over and this white boys give me a hide five and he say hell yeah FUCK THE SUN lol 8)...any yall foo c me? nik?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2361 on: November 01, 2006, 01:15:17 AM »
Damn... naah homie, I don't think I saw you...

But what did I tell you muthafuckaz? All you non-believers and doubters...Especially Baby G, I guess your boy Amare didn't fare as well as you'da liked him to, huh? I bet you didn't expect Bynum to have a better game than him...I was at the game, expected Kobe to be playing, but it was a treat none the less. No Kwame, no Kobe, no Mihm, and we still handed them their ass...Did anyone see me? I was wearin my purple Odom jersey with my Laker jeans and black/purple Kobe's...My girl was with me in costume for Halloween. I had some purple hair and a little purple/yellow face paint that said "LA"...Anyways, it was a really good game, other than Sasha and sometimes Smush, pretty much everyone held theirs...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2362 on: November 01, 2006, 03:39:02 AM »
8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2363 on: November 01, 2006, 10:19:25 AM »
Cook signs last-minute extension
BY ROSS SILER, Staff Writer

After a deal had looked unlikely earlier in the day, the Lakers reached agreement on a contract extension with forward Brian Cook only minutes before tipoff Tuesday.

Cook signed a three-year, $10.5 million deal with a player option for the third year in 2009-10. The deal was signed in the locker room before the game.

"Both sides made some changes right at the very end and we found a number both agreed on," said Mark Bartelstein, Cook's agent.

Bartelstein had said the deal was dead Tuesday afternoon and that Cook was prepared to become a restricted free agent at season's end.

"What made sense for us didn't make sense for them," Bartelstein said, "and what made sense for them didn't make sense for us."

McKie update: Veteran guard Aaron McKie was on the court in his uniform shooting jumpers before the game. He has yet to practice since injuring his back in an Oct. 13 exhibition game, but said he was feeling "a lot better."

"I'm able to move around and walk now," McKie said. "I've just got to get out there and practice again."

Odom's role: Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he would not look to forward Lamar Odom to be more of a scorer with Kobe Bryant out of the opener.
Advertisement
Click Here!

"We look forward to him having an influence in the game," Jackson said. "Lamar's best purpose still is to get everybody else involved."

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2364 on: November 01, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »
Good thing the Lakers resigned Cook. He loves LA (the team and the city) and knows the triangle well.

rik

« Reply #2365 on: November 01, 2006, 11:10:38 AM »
Whoa what a fuckin game last night! Everyone showed something. Fuck man I want Lamar to play like that all season. I called it like a week ago and I'll say it again. Lakers wil be the 2006/2007 NBA Champions.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2366 on: November 01, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
Whoa what a fuckin game last night! Everyone showed something. Fuck man I want Lamar to play like that all season. I called it like a week ago and I'll say it again. Lakers wil be the 2006/2007 NBA Champions.
I'll co-sign on that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2367 on: November 01, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
Cook signs last-minute extension
BY ROSS SILER, Staff Writer

After a deal had looked unlikely earlier in the day, the Lakers reached agreement on a contract extension with forward Brian Cook only minutes before tipoff Tuesday.

Cook signed a three-year, $10.5 million deal with a player option for the third year in 2009-10. The deal was signed in the locker room before the game.

"Both sides made some changes right at the very end and we found a number both agreed on," said Mark Bartelstein, Cook's agent.

Bartelstein had said the deal was dead Tuesday afternoon and that Cook was prepared to become a restricted free agent at season's end.

"What made sense for us didn't make sense for them," Bartelstein said, "and what made sense for them didn't make sense for us."

McKie update: Veteran guard Aaron McKie was on the court in his uniform shooting jumpers before the game. He has yet to practice since injuring his back in an Oct. 13 exhibition game, but said he was feeling "a lot better."

"I'm able to move around and walk now," McKie said. "I've just got to get out there and practice again."

Odom's role: Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he would not look to forward Lamar Odom to be more of a scorer with Kobe Bryant out of the opener.
Advertisement
Click Here!

"We look forward to him having an influence in the game," Jackson said. "Lamar's best purpose still is to get everybody else involved."

8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2368 on: November 01, 2006, 11:30:32 AM »
Bynum is the Lakers' man of the hour

Nov. 1, 2006
Helene Elliott-

Andrew Bynum showed none of the nervousness Tuesday that might be expected of a 19-year-old kid who had been anointed the Lakers' starting center and was about to make his first career start before a festive and expectant Halloween night crowd at Staples Center.

His preparation was simple.

"I just slept," he said.

Young enough to benefit from an afternoon nap but too old to go trick-or-treating, Bynum played well against the big boys Tuesday night, dulling the pain of Kobe Bryant's absence for at least one night.

The Lakers' 114-106 victory over the Phoenix Suns was rough around the edges, scarier at times than the many costumed ghouls, caped crusaders and ninja turtles scattered throughout the stands.

Scarier, even, than the purple dreadlocks sported by Vic the Brick.

And Bynum had some shaky moments, too, especially on defense. But overall, he was impressive, earning a rousing ovation when he returned to the game with five minutes left and continuing the promise he'd shown in exhibition play.

He had been Plan C for the Lakers, the third option at center after Kwame Brown's shoulder injury and Chris Mihm's slow-healing ankle gave them little choice. But if his first start is any indication, Bynum may prove to be a prize — and not of the consolation variety.

Bynum, who averaged 1.6 points in 46 games as a rookie last season, collected 18 points, nine rebounds and five assists Tuesday, all career highs, in 24 minutes and got in Amare Stoudemire's face more than once in the second half as the Lakers erased the ugly memory of the Suns' 77.3% shooting in the first quarter. And he did it all on a sprained right foot apparently suffered in the first quarter.

"It's a solid game," he said afterward.

It was Bynum's little 11-foot hook shot that tied the score at 61 with 10:04 left in the third quarter. His layup soon after that cut Phoenix's lead to 69-67 and enabled the Lakers to seize the momentum.

With Bryant watching from the bench, pumping his fist in encouragement, Bynum grew more assured moment by moment, more confident in his ability to play in the low post.

"It's a track meet out there," Bynum said, shaking his head. "Those guys run so fast. But they kind of let up on us after they scored 41" in the first quarter.

His performance was everything that his mentor, Lakers assistant coach Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, had hoped it would be.

"I think it's a great opportunity for him to get the game experience that he needs to progress," said Abdul-Jabbar, who had made Bynum his special project during the exhibition season.

"In high school he didn't play much his senior year or his junior year, so he really doesn't have any game experience playing against this level of athletes. The last time he played regularly, he played against high school students."

Bynum, who may still add bulk to his 7-foot, 275-pound frame, wasn't playing against any high school students on Tuesday. He was the one getting some lessons in the early going, drawn out of the low post several times for opportunities that the Suns turned into easy baskets.

"I was kind of nervous at the beginning," he said.

But he adapted quickly, learning on the run.

"Last year really helped make him understand where he has to be in terms of how to compete," Abdul-Jabbar said. "I think he's ready for this year and I think he'll do a good job."

Now_Im_Not_Banned