Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288378 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2430 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:31 AM »
Lakers- Warriors mix with California Vacation in the back  :o , props to Cachooka

http://www.rogepost.com/dn/uq2e

Cachooka is that nigga......for some reason i can't log-in to clublakers.com  :(  :'(

go to "Internet Options" and delete the cookies, that may be the reason

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2431 on: November 03, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »
Honestly though, a whole lot of the players are interchangeable on a day to day basis. Hell, all our players are talented, I can make a legit starting 5 our of our bottom 7 players.

PG Jordan Farmar
SG Sasha Vujacic
SF Maurice Evans
PF Brian Cook
C Ronny Turiaf

8)
Some young, talented, energy, but not a legit starting 5.

I think they can all be starting players in the NBA...

you mean right now, or later on in their careers?

Some now, some in the future...

wcsoldier

« Reply #2432 on: November 03, 2006, 12:47:33 PM »
I like what I see from Farmar so far, dude knows how to handle the ball and seems to have a high B-Ball IQ... I think he gonna perfectly  fit the triangle

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2433 on: November 03, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »
I like what I see from Farmar so far, dude knows how to handle the ball and seems to have a high B-Ball IQ... I think he gonna perfectly  fit the triangle

I see a future all-star...

rik

« Reply #2434 on: November 03, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »

Yea...I see him starting if not late this year for sure next year.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2435 on: November 03, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »

not impossible at all... the thing that impressed me about him is that he plays like if he already had some NBA years behind him... he will improve fast imo

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2436 on: November 03, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »
Lakers: Curing 'myriad of illnesses'

BY ROSS SILER, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated:11/03/2006 12:00:58 AM PST

EL SEGUNDO - Before everyone got ahead of themselves, Lakers coach Phil Jackson sat down his players for a 45-minute film session Thursday to show that their record might be perfect but their play has not been.

Then Jackson reminded reporters of his mentor Tex Winter's favorite axiom that winning cures a "myriad of illnesses." There is still a ways to go for the Lakers in reaching the level of organization that their coach wants on both the offensive and defensive ends.

Yet Jackson did make a telling remark when asked if the Lakers' 2-0 record might give Kobe Bryant the opportunity to take more time in coming back from knee surgery.

"I would suppose," Jackson said, "but then there's always the Wally Pipp theory, you know."

Little did Maurice Evans know he had a chance to send Bryant to the bench like Lou Gehrig did to Pipp on the 1925Yankees. Such is the state of good feelings right now around the Lakers.

The Lakers know how important a fast start is with a November schedule loaded with home games. They will play 14 of their next 18 games at home and their next four games against teams that missed the playoffs last season.

The possibility exists for a huge month for the Lakers.

Bryant said he took the 2-0 start as a key sign that the Lakers succeeded in picking up where they left off after pushing the Phoenix Suns to Game 7 in their first- round playoff series.

"Everybody came into the season with a lot of confidence," Bryant said. "It's huge to be able to sustain that and keep that momentum going."

Bryant said his right knee felt "pretty lively" after practicing Thursday and would decide about playing tonight against Seattle after the morning shootaround. Bryant summed up the state of his knee by saying, "If I don't feel ouchy, I won't be grouchy."

"Maybe it's one too many nursery rhyme books," added Bryant, who has two young daughters.

Plugged in: After receiving "unanimous" feedback in support of their new lighting system, the Lakers have decided to adopt it for the rest of the season. They will use temporary lights until a permanent system can go up in January.

They could be forced to play a couple of games under the old lights, however, when the new lights have to come down to make room for concert lighting.

Missing man: Guard Sasha Vujacic has struggled with his shot through the first two games. Vujacic is 0 for 7 from the field, 0 for 6 from 3-point range and 0for 2 from the foul line.

"His shot got a little flat and he started pressing a little bit," Jackson said. "He had such a good training camp."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2437 on: November 03, 2006, 01:48:14 PM »
Bryant says he'll play when there's no 'ouch'

By JANIS CARR
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO – Will he or won't he play? Only Kobe Bryant's knee seems to know.

Bryant would not commit Thursday to playing in the Lakers game tonight against the Seattle SuperSonics at Staples Center until after an early-morning shootaround and treatment session.

"The key, as I have said all along, is to make sure it (knee) is 100 percent," Bryant said after taking part in a short and spirited practice Thursday. "When it's ready to go, it will be ready to go.

"We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I had a pretty good practice today but as I said, it's day to day."

How will Bryant know if his knee is ready to withstand a possible 48 minutes on the court?

"If I don't feel an ouch," he said.

Bryant has missed the Lakers' first two games - both victories - and watched his teammates outscore their opponents by an average of 10 points. He did not make the trip to Oakland for the 110-98 victory against Golden State on Wednesday.

"All I was worried about was our confidence being shaken if we were 0-2 or if we had split," Bryant said. "That's the one thing I was very worried about. Now that we're 2-0, it's awesome.

"We're playing well right now, so it's about getting to the next level."

Bryant said he is not worried about fitting into the Lakers' scheme once his knee is ready, even though the team is succeeding without him.

"I've been with this team for seven years," he said. "It's like breathing."

FROM A DISTANCE

Coach Phil Jackson (hip replacement) didn't make the trip to Golden State either, but he and Bryant had long-distance opinions on the team's play.

Bryant said he was especially pleased with Ronny Turiaf's performance and telephoned the second-year player after the game.

Turiaf scored 23 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field and 7 of 12 from the line. He also grabbed nine rebounds and had three assists.

"Ronny is like my little brother, so after the game I had to call him," Bryant said. Said Turiaf: "He (Bryant) was screaming on the phone, and I could tell by the way he sounded, he was jumping around the house, having fun."

Jackson said he was pleased with Lamar Odom's leadership and Turiaf's inspired play. Beyond that, though, he kept his opinions to himself.

"In the words of my old friend and mentor Tex Winters, a win covers a myriad of illnesses or problems," Jackson said.

"In this situation, I'm not going to comment on that, but it's a good statement to keep in mind."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2438 on: November 03, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »
D-Fenders Select Devin Green In First Round of 2006 Development League Draft

EL SEGUNDO- The Los Angeles D-Fenders have made history in the 2006 NBA Development League Draft with the selection of Devin Green as the team’s number one first round selection (7th overall) and Aloysius Anagonye in the second round (18th overall).

Green, a 6-foot-7, 210-pound guard, is no stranger to the D-Fenders family, most recently playing for the Los Angeles Lakers 2006 Summer-Pro League team where he averaged 14.4 points and 2.0 assists per game. During the 2005-06 NBA season he spent time on the hardwood with the Lakers, after being signed by the team as an undrafted rookie free agent.

“It feels good to stay in the family. I’m comfortable in the system, and it’s a great place to show my talents,” said Green. “It will be great to play for D-Fenders Coach Dan Panaggio.”

Green ranks 4th all-time in points (1,757) at Hampton University and was chosen to the All-MEAC first team as both a junior and a senior.

“He’s an excellent player and we are glad to have him as part of the D-Fenders,” said Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Anagonye, a 6-foot-8, 260-pound power forward, ranked third in all-time leading shots blocked (88) and averaged 5.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game at Michigan State. He spent the 2005-06 season in Spain with DKV Joventut Badalona and pervious seasons in Italy, the Euroleague, and the Adriatic League.

Devin Green, Aloysius Anagonye and the additional eight players selected in the 10 round draft will participate in the D-Fenders training camp set to begin November 11 in El Segundo, CA.

The Los Angeles D-Fenders open the 2006-07 season on the road on November 24 in Anaheim and then debut at home on the hardwood at STAPLES Center on November 28 at 3:30 p.m. against San Joaquin Valley rivals the Bakersfield Jam.

On July 31st of this year the Los Angeles Lakers announced that they had become the first NBA franchise in history to own an NBA Development League team. The Los Angeles D-Fenders will play their home games at STAPLES Center pre and post Lakers home games. The Lakers devoted fans were given the opportunity to name the NBA D-League team in an online naming contest.

Following are the results of the Los Angeles D-FENDERS 2006 NBA D-League Draft selections:

Round/Pick Name         Position Height   College
1. 7th   Devin Green        SG      6-7     Hampton
2. 18th   Aloysius Anagonye PF   6-8   Michigan State
3. 31st   Akin Akingbala        PF      6-9      Clemson
4. 42nd   Travis Garrison        PF      6-8      Maryland
5. 55th   Nate Johnson       PG    6-1    Nebraska
6. 66th   Elton Nesbitt         PG   5-9      Georgia Southern
7. 79th   Wayne Arnold      SG    6-4   Tennessee State
8. 90th   Julius Lamptey        C      7-0      Garden City CC
9. 103rd Jamar McKnight      SG   6-5   Clemson
10.114th Andre Joseph     SG   6-3   Oregon

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2439 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:39 PM »
Suddenly, no rush for Bryant

By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
November 3, 2006

Now that the Lakers are 2-0, all eyes turn back toward Kobe Bryant's right knee.

Or do they?

The Lakers have done a good job without Bryant, who is almost into his 17th week since having arthroscopic surgery. Instead of being run over by the Phoenix Suns and nicked up by Nellie Ball, the Lakers are averaging 112 points a game

With results like that, Bryant can afford to hurry up and wait.

"Hopefully we can keep winning games to buy him some time, so he can get his knee ready and be 100%, instead of 80 or 85," Lakers forward Lamar Odom said.

Bryant might play tonight against Seattle and one-time rival Ray Allen, who called Bryant selfish two seasons ago after Bryant glowered at him in an exhibition game. (They have since made up.)

Or Bryant, listed as day-to-day, might wait until Sunday's rematch in Seattle.

He certainly wants to play now — "If I don't feel ouchy, I won't be grouchy," he said Thursday — and he had a decent workout in a light practice with the team.

"We'll see how it goes," Bryant said. "I had a good practice, felt pretty good, felt pretty live."

Lively enough to play? Coach Phil Jackson offered up a one-liner when asked if Bryant could take his time coming back.

"I would suppose, but then there's always the Wally Pipp theory," he said dryly, pausing a beat. "I probably wouldn't use that with Kobe Bryant."

-

The "Lights Out" campaign has been given the green light.

The temporary lighting system that flooded the court in the home opener will be used tonight and at all remaining Lakers home games, with the exception of one or two that conflict with concerts at Staples Center. The Lakers wanted to gauge player and fan reaction before committing to an entire season.

"Given the overwhelming response of people who wanted it, we're going to keep the temporary system in place while a permanent system is designed and built," said Tim Harris, Lakers senior vice president of business operations. "During that interim time, there may be a game or two where we have to play under the old lighting system due to technical difficulties."

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2440 on: November 03, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »
Kobe is going to play tonight...i don't think he should..he should come back when the Lakers lose a game, which i don't see the Lakers losing 1 any time soon..just use these wins the lakers are getting to get the knee better

Lakers- Warriors mix with California Vacation in the back  :o , props to Cachooka

http://www.rogepost.com/dn/uq2e

Cachooka is that nigga......for some reason i can't log-in to clublakers.com  :(  :'(

go to "Internet Options" and delete the cookies, that may be the reason

I did that a couple months a go and it still didn't work...i even tried to register again but i never got a link to confirm my registration  >:(  :D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2441 on: November 03, 2006, 04:41:59 PM »
Watch as soon as the Lakers lose a game with Kobe all the haters blame it on him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2442 on: November 03, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »
nice kobe is playin today 8)
a lil video is up on kb24.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2443 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
damn Kobe had 11 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assist, and 5 turnovers in the first half. he's a lil rusty. i hope he didn't rush his comeback.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #2444 on: November 03, 2006, 09:54:20 PM »
Damn, Ronnie is everywhere in the money time 104.102 for us, 3'43 min left