Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287147 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2520 on: November 07, 2006, 10:19:29 PM »
Who has been a better center at this age since Shaq? NOBODY. Bynum is soon to rule the bigs of the league... 8)

He has a good chance.  But Bosh and Howard are monsters and Jermaine is still only 28 and is ballin out of control so far but yeah Bynum has a chance but still way to early to tell, I admit he is real impressive looking so far.
Howard is a physical monster but I don't see him being unstoppable on the offensive end at all... Bynum got more skills.... he has the ability to develop a nice lil shot from the free trow line, can go inside... once he will be able to put these numbers(what he dropped tonight), every night, he will be a problem

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2521 on: November 07, 2006, 10:20:22 PM »
^^Yeah Howard's offense needs alot of work. 

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2522 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:41 PM »
Dont forget about Jermaine though lol, 5 straight all star appearences and he's only 28, if he can stay healthy all year he will again be among the best 6 or 7 players in the league like he was 2 years ago. JO has looked awesome so far.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2523 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:35 PM »
Who has been a better center at this age since Shaq? NOBODY. Bynum is soon to rule the bigs of the league... 8)

He has a good chance.  But Bosh and Howard are monsters and Jermaine is still only 28 and is ballin out of control so far but yeah Bynum has a chance but still way to early to tell, I admit he is real impressive looking so far.

Bynum is a lot younger and a center...Jermaine isn't even playing center this year. Bosh and Howard are natural 4s...

Oh I thought you were including PF'S also.  I hope Jermaine is on the all star ballot as a foward but so far this season he has been playing center because Harrington has started at the 4, Granger has started at the 3, and JO at the 5

Actually, Harrington has been starting at the 5...You out of all people should know this. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2524 on: November 07, 2006, 11:15:36 PM »
Dont forget about Jermaine though lol, 5 straight all star appearences and he's only 28, if he can stay healthy all year he will again be among the best 6 or 7 players in the league like he was 2 years ago. JO has looked awesome so far.

JO already reached his potential...Bynum is 19, he has a good chance at becoming DOMINANT.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2525 on: November 07, 2006, 11:21:18 PM »

JO already reached his potential...Bynum is 19, he has a good chance at becoming DOMINANT.

If Kobe is 28 and hasnt reached his potential, then why is JO who is also 28 already reached his potential?  He is a special player NIK I know it, he plays with such a passion, the game means so much to him and thats why i love him as a player and I think one day he can take us to a champioship.  But anyways yes Bynum is looking great but it's way to early to say he is gona be on Jermaine's level, thats like me saying Granger is gona be on Artest's level, he is the the same type of player but fuck it will take alot to be on ronnies level. Thats all I am saying, I agree at his age he is looking awesome but lets give him some more time before we say he is gona be a perenial all star like Jermaine is already and Bosh and Howard are gona be.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2526 on: November 08, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »

If Kobe is 28 and hasnt reached his potential, then why is JO who is also 28 already reached his potential?  He is a special player NIK I know it, he plays with such a passion, the game means so much to him and thats why i love him as a player and I think one day he can take us to a champioship.  But anyways yes Bynum is looking great but it's way to early to say he is gona be on Jermaine's level, thats like me saying Granger is gona be on Artest's level, he is the the same type of player but fuck it will take alot to be on ronnies level. Thats all I am saying, I agree at his age he is looking awesome but lets give him some more time before we say he is gona be a perenial all star like Jermaine is already and Bosh and Howard are gona be.

LOL! It is KNOWN that bigs reach their potential MUCH sooner. Take someone like Michael Jordan for example, who only reached his potential in his 30s, as opposed to a big like Kareem or Wilt, who were easily at their best in their younger years. Bigs break down quicker, they wear out fast. That's why it's great to have Bynum playing this amazing at the age of 19, J. O'Neal was sitting at the end of the bench at 19...No question, JO is a great player, but if you ask me, there's only a slight chance he'll get even better than he is now, and if he does, it won't be anything drastic...Bynum's potential is through the roof, I mean, think about it, kids ALREADY pulling in 20/14/3, imagine what he'll be pulling in 3-4 years when he's REALLY ready!...Not saying he's definitely gunna be better than the rest, but he's definitely a good candidate to lead the new-wave of bigs in the NBA, especially being the only true center of them all, and learning from the best, of course...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2527 on: November 08, 2006, 01:52:19 AM »
1. i'm glad drew is coming around, centers like that are my favorite type of players (i.e shaq), the triangle is really complimenting his game, like tex winter said when him and phil came to LA 'the triangle was made to go through a big man' hopefully bynum can be that big man

2.  J . O  will continue to grow as a player, the day you stop growing is the day when people start hinting that you should retire.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2528 on: November 08, 2006, 02:05:46 AM »
2.  J . O  will continue to grow as a player, the day you stop growing is the day when people start hinting that you should retire.

That's a load of bullshit...Name me ONE legendary big who was at his best towards the end of his career. Even if you can find one, you KNOW that's not how it usually is...PeACe

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2529 on: November 08, 2006, 02:09:33 AM »

I don't think it's wrong Lamar is frustrated, but I'm wondering who he's frustrated with, some are saying it's Kobe but we'll see...

LOL, HELL NAAH... Lamar looks up to Bryant, he personally goes to Bryant with his basketball problems/questions...Don't let faggots fuel speculation.
^Yup, that's true about Lamar & Kobe...& I had a feeling they were gonna win the Minnesota game, good luck to them playing tonight... 8)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2530 on: November 08, 2006, 02:17:31 AM »

^Dope picture...

Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, right, smiles at teammate Andrew Bynum during the final moments of the Lakers' 95-88 victory in a basketball game over the Minnesota Timberwolves in Los Angeles, on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2006. The Lakers won 95-88. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)

ecrazy

« Reply #2531 on: November 08, 2006, 02:41:57 AM »
^^Is it me, or does Kobe Bryant seem very feminine? Anyway, I Digress

What is Up With The Shadowing out of the Crowd @ Laker Games Now?? Is there Ugly People in the Crowd? How Does This look if your there at the game? anyone go to a game?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2532 on: November 08, 2006, 09:35:44 AM »
^^Is it me, or does Kobe Bryant seem very feminine? Anyway, I Digress

What is Up With The Shadowing out of the Crowd @ Laker Games Now?? Is there Ugly People in the Crowd? How Does This look if your there at the game? anyone go to a game?

WTF? LMAO@feminine. Also, Lakers are trying a new thing this year where the lighting in the crowd is turned off and the focus is on the basketball court, it actually looks REALLY good, keeps the attention purely on the game. I went to the home-opener and it made the atmosphere feel even more awesome than usual...PeACe

rik

« Reply #2533 on: November 08, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
Great win for the Lakers. We got the Blazers tonight can't wait. Damn man Bynum played very well, by the way things are goin it looks like he's goin to be ready sooner than I thought.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2534 on: November 08, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
it looks like he's goin to be ready sooner than I thought.

That's why you should always listen to me when it comes to the Lakers. 8)