Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286839 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2565 on: November 08, 2006, 08:33:09 PM »
Oh shit....Anybody watching LTV right now? Bynum is goin to stay in the starting line up when Kwame comes back.

They should put Kwame at PF. That would give us a big lineup and it adds defense to the post.

Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Jordan Farmar...I mean Smush Parker
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #2566 on: November 08, 2006, 09:57:29 PM »
I wouldn't leave Luke on the bench regarding at what level he's playing right now.. he's our most consistent player til the beginning.. I see a potential MIP right here..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:04:09 PM by wcsoldier »

wcsoldier

« Reply #2567 on: November 08, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »
Cachooka mix against the Wolves , dopeness as usual

http://www.sendspace.com/file/925ml5

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2568 on: November 08, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »
Oh shit....Anybody watching LTV right now? Bynum is goin to stay in the starting line up when Kwame comes back.
^ Great news...& I can't wait til' Friday's game... 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2569 on: November 08, 2006, 10:59:45 PM »
^ Great news...& I can't wait til' Friday's game... 8)
o yeah im going.. c me with my gold rag pocket..damn i loss my gold rag when i drop the homie of the house and i have that shIt on my lap cause i took it off when i got out of da car that shit falls and i left it over there....DONT TRIP I MIGH GET 1 2MORROW 8)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:01:36 PM by LAKERS_FAN89 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2570 on: November 08, 2006, 11:32:38 PM »
I wouldn't leave Luke on the bench regarding at what level he's playing right now.. he's our most consistent player til the beginning.. I see a potential MIP right here..

Yeah he's really showed a lot of improvement (then again...what player doesn't in a contract year), but he might have to take a bench spot. I don't see Kwame coming off the bench. Their original plan was to put Mihm back at starting center and Kwame a pf anyway, so just replace Mihm with Bynum.

This is gonna sound insane, but I would put Walton at PG. He knows the triangle, he's a natural passer, he has great ball handling, and that height/weight would give him an easy advantage over every pg in the league (besides Livingston who is 6'7).

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2571 on: November 09, 2006, 02:56:52 AM »
wow im just finding out the lakers lost to portland. these fuckin websites keep mixing the scores up. i thought the lakers won 101 to 90 till i watched nba tv daily.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2572 on: November 09, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »

Yeah he's really showed a lot of improvement (then again...what player doesn't in a contract year), but he might have to take a bench spot. I don't see Kwame coming off the bench. Their original plan was to put Mihm back at starting center and Kwame a pf anyway, so just replace Mihm with Bynum.

This is gonna sound insane, but I would put Walton at PG. He knows the triangle, he's a natural passer, he has great ball handling, and that height/weight would give him an easy advantage over every pg in the league (besides Livingston who is 6'7).

Do you have any clue what the fuck you're talking about? LMAO. They're not gunna start 2 centers at the same time (Bynum & Kwame), that would clog up the fucking lane and cause a major congestion in the triangle. The league is going small, you wan't Luke starting at point guard alongside 2 centers? LMAO. He doesn't have great handles to begin with and how the FUCK is he gunna defend opposing point guards? I wish you would make sense...And there was NEVER any plans of starting Mihm (for this season), I dunno where you got that from, he'll be lucky to be back in the rotation when he returns...As far as I'm concerned, this is how we're gunna look come playoff time:

PG Smush Parker...Jordan Farmar/Shammond Williams
SG Kobe Bryant...Sasha Vujacic/Aaron McKie
SF Luke Walton...Vladimir Radmanovic/Maurice Evans
PF Lamar Odom...Ronny Turiaf/Brian Cook
C Kwame Brown...Andrew Bynum/Chris Mihm

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2573 on: November 09, 2006, 11:04:52 AM »
wow im just finding out the lakers lost to portland. these fuckin websites keep mixing the scores up. i thought the lakers won 101 to 90 till i watched nba tv daily.

LOL...Watch the games, man...Anyways, we played a shitty game. Pretty much everyone besides Luke and Kobe were not really functioning well in the triangle last night. We got killed down low, Bynum only took one shot. it's like we were playing with no bigs...Hopefully, that all changes when Kwame gets back...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2574 on: November 09, 2006, 11:10:16 AM »

LOL...Watch the games, man...Anyways, we played a shitty game. Pretty much everyone besides Luke and Kobe were not really functioning well in the triangle last night. We got killed down low, Bynum only took one shot. it's like we were playing with no bigs...Hopefully, that all changes when Kwame gets back...PeACe

the game wasn't on tv. and i wasn't at home. now get off my damn back.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2575 on: November 09, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

How was I on your back? LOL...I just said "watch the games" and explained why we lost, since you didn't see it... ::)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2576 on: November 09, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »
Notebook: Kobe gets it, and that's where it gets good for Lakers

In the second half of the Lakers home victory over Minnesota on Tuesday night, Kobe Bryant rifled a pass into Luke Walton with a precision that would make Randy Moss shudder. If only his Oakland Raiders had a quarterback who could read a defense like Bryant can.

Wait! Is that Kobe passing the ball? (Getty Images)   
Bryant then gave Walton a wink and a grin that seemed to say, "Didn't think I could get that in there, did ya?" It was part of a near-perfect evening for the superstar guard, who scored 17 points on just seven field-goal attempts.

This is definitely a different Bryant, at least until he's completely healthy. Still not fully recovered from offseason knee surgery, Bryant is less interested in forcing up shots and more focused in serving as a decoy and leading the Lakers in assists, currently averaging better than seven per game. He's more interested in helping his teammates improve than he is calling his own number, and I have a hunch that will continue to be the case even when he is fit enough to drop 40 whenever he feels like it.

For the first time, really, I think Bryant gets it. Credit Phil Jackson for opening his eyes in time to make a run against Phoenix in last season's playoffs. Credit fate for the missed preseason games and the opportunity to watch teammates grow. Finally, credit the relationship Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade have forged.

That's right. It always seems to come back to the Daddy.

Old 34 went out and won himself another ring. He did so on the strength of his teammates, mainly Wade. In the back of his mind, Bryant had to be thinking, "I've got to get me one of those."

A ring?

No, a Wade.

Lamar Odom has never lived up to his potential with the Lakers. Early reports were that he felt frustrated and handcuffed by Bryant within the team's offense. Now he's a completely different player. This is the Odom the Lakers envisioned when they pulled the trigger and moved the Diesel to South Florida. Odom arrived this season focused and driven and put the Lakers on his back with Bryant down.

Bryant witnessed the Lakers go down 19 in the first quarter against the rival Suns and then watched them bounce back without one of his patented 20-point quarters. He watched Odom lead them.

In his first night back on the court, Bryant eased back in while the rest of his teammates scorched Seattle, shooting better than 55 percent. He also watched Ronny Turiaf, a charismatic young forward who lost his rookie season to open heart surgery, dominate the game off the bench with his energy. Turiaf retrieved every loose ball, and he just seemed hungrier than everyone on the floor.

Afterward, Bryant said on national television that Turiaf was someone "he had taken under his wing."

Sound familiar?

Bryant is cultivating running mates for the first time. It might not necessarily be the relationship O'Neal and Wade have in Miami, because at 28, Bryant is still in his prime, and O'Neal is winding down, but the principle is the same. He's investing in his guys because they're the ones who are going to help him take them to the top.

In Wade, O'Neal found a player with the same playmaking skills and fearlessness Bryant had, and now the situation might be repeating itself in L.A. There hasn't been a 19-year-old center more promising than Andrew Bynum since O'Neal himself. And it can't hurt to have Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as your instructor.

Bynum has set career highs twice in 10 days, going for 20 points and 14 rebounds against the Timberwolves. He was dropping hook shots on Kevin Garnett, stuffing dunks in the face of whoever dared to challenge at the rim and altering and swatting shots with startling consistency. He dominated almost every one of the 29 minutes he played.

Meanwhile, Bryant sat back and beamed.

"It's just on me to be big brother," he said, "to be happy for him and tell him how good of a job he's done."

Big Brother is watching. And waiting. His own Wade, or a reasonable facsimile, is already on the roster, slowly coming into his own. Kwame Brown might come back Friday, tossing his vast promise into the ring as he, Bynum and Turiaf scrap for minutes.

For the first time since O'Neal left, the Lakers are a special basketball team. Bryant looks to be astute enough to have realized that his role must change. He's the veteran leader he has always wanted to be, even back in the day when he wasn't a veteran at all.

Before he was ready. Before he realized he'd need significant help.

Now, he has it.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2577 on: November 09, 2006, 11:48:51 AM »
Kwame return will improve our defense inside, no way Randolph would have a such game with Kwame defend on him...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2578 on: November 09, 2006, 11:58:52 AM »

How was I on your back? LOL...I just said "watch the games" and explained why we lost, since you didn't see it... ::)

It's just a phrase I use. Don't go getting all Raja Bell on me.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2579 on: November 09, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »
Kwame return will improve our defense inside, no way Randolph would have a such game with Kwame defend on him...

Wassup with Mihm?