Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287044 times)

rik

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2595 on: November 11, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »
Horrible game...We definitely need Kwame and even Mihm back for interior defense. Lamar is in a slump and Kobe is being way too passive on offense, trying to get others involed a little too much. Hopefully, we get back on track soon...PeACe

Yeah man...I think the whole team is passing too much.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2596 on: November 11, 2006, 12:11:20 PM »
Horrible game...We definitely need Kwame and even Mihm back for interior defense. Lamar is in a slump and Kobe is being way too passive on offense, trying to get others involed a little too much. Hopefully, we get back on track soon...PeACe

Yeah man...I think the whole team is passing too much.

The triangle is moving too slow, I feel like Phil is experimenting too much and using too many different combos. I know we'll pick it up very soon though, Phil is notorious for this shit...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2597 on: November 11, 2006, 12:13:07 PM »
^^^^^ Mihm is out for the season ,  :'( BAD NEWS

Lakers center Chris Mihm will undergo surgery Monday to repair a ligament and tendon in his right ankle, a procedure that will likely keep him sidelined for most of the season, the team said Friday night.

Mihm injured his ankle in a game against Seattle on March 12 and played just once the rest of last season. He had ankle surgery July 26 and missed training camp and all eight preseason games

The latest surgery will be done in Baltimore. His projected recovery time is five to eight months.

"Although I knew a few months ago that there was a chance I'd need such a surgery, it was my hope that through alternative methods and therapy, I'd be able to join my Lakers teammates and make it through the season," Mihm said in a statement. "Unfortunately, despite an intense and grueling therapy regimen, my ankle simply has not responded the way I had hoped."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson had no comment on Mihm's status when asked before the game. He deferred to team spokesman John Black, who announced the latest setback in a news release.

"Naturally I'm disappointed, but I'm optimistic that in the long run this surgery will lead to a 100 percent recovery and I look forward to resuming my NBA career full-bore," Mihm said.

Yea, I know, we shoulda traded him when we had the chance... :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2598 on: November 11, 2006, 12:15:01 PM »
When was that?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2599 on: November 11, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »
When was that?

Last season when his trade value was the highest... around January/February or so...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2600 on: November 11, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »

Lakers center Chris Mihm will undergo surgery Monday to repair a ligament and tendon in his right ankle, a procedure that will likely keep him sidelined for most of the season, the team said Friday night.

Mihm injured his ankle in a game against Seattle on March 12 and played just once the rest of last season. He had ankle surgery July 26 and missed training camp and all eight preseason games

The latest surgery will be done in Baltimore. His projected recovery time is five to eight months.

"Although I knew a few months ago that there was a chance I'd need such a surgery, it was my hope that through alternative methods and therapy, I'd be able to join my Lakers teammates and make it through the season," Mihm said in a statement. "Unfortunately, despite an intense and grueling therapy regimen, my ankle simply has not responded the way I had hoped."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson had no comment on Mihm's status when asked before the game. He deferred to team spokesman John Black, who announced the latest setback in a news release.

"Naturally I'm disappointed, but I'm optimistic that in the long run this surgery will lead to a 100 percent recovery and I look forward to resuming my NBA career full-bore," Mihm said.

lol now if I would've said that you would've written me a 20 page essay about how a real fan wouldn't say that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2601 on: November 11, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »

lol now if I would've said that you would've written me a 20 page essay about how a real fan wouldn't say that.

Ummm, no...His contratct is up after this season, we have NO use for him...if you say shit like "we should trade Lamar" or "we need to get rid of Kwame" just cuz they're in a slump, that's when you'll hear from me...PeACe

rik

« Reply #2602 on: November 11, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »
I really think we should trade Kwame. He hasn't done shit this season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2603 on: November 11, 2006, 02:24:33 PM »

:D :-*

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2604 on: November 11, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »

Fuck it, and Shammond Williams too. ;D

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2605 on: November 11, 2006, 04:07:17 PM »
lol

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2606 on: November 11, 2006, 04:45:32 PM »

^LOL...but yo on the real, I feel Phil's just fuckin' around with the Lakers' heads with all these weird lineups in the games, especially Kobe & Lamar...I felt sorry for Lamar being the only one doin' shit on the court at the 4th quarter with 4 other players who couldn't execute much & then being ejected because you were just pissed, it's sad...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 04:51:46 PM by WeStCoAsTiN' 4 LiFe... »

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2607 on: November 11, 2006, 05:03:31 PM »

^LOL...but yo on the real, I feel Phil's just fuckin' around with the Lakers' heads with all these weird lineups in the games, especially Kobe & Lamar...I felt sorry for Lamar being the only one doin' shit on the court at the 4th quarter with 4 other players who couldn't execute much & then being ejected because you were just pissed, it's sad...
i feel the same about phil

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2608 on: November 11, 2006, 09:06:24 PM »
Coach Jackson blames Bryant/Odom for losses
Body: EL SEGUNDO – The Lakers were still reeling Thursday morning from their loss at Portland the previous evening when they regrouped at their practice facility.

The Lakers, plagued by an 18-turnover performance and the inability to overtake an inconsistent Portland team in the second half, picked up their second loss of the season against four victories.

Coach Phil Jackson "laid the blame" on team leaders Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom for the inability to hang onto the ball.

"They're the two guys that have the responsibility and they've got a high turnover ratio and they've got to start cutting down on trying to do too much and not (being) ready to do it," Jackson said. "The defense is identifying them, and they're not responding to the fact that they've got to make the plays earlier or quicker or pick the ball up sooner."

Bryant and Odom each had six turnovers Wednesday. Bryant is averaging a team-high five turnovers per game while Odom is averaging four.

Both players accepted the blame. Odom had a mental checklist of things that the Lakers need to improve on, though playing 13 of their next 14 games at Staples Center will help.

Odom said that in some cases players were trying to force passes. Other times there was too much passing or simply, "trying to hit the home run instead of trying to make the easy pass."

The Lakers need more offense from Odom, something they were getting at the beginning of the season when Bryant was out because of his knee injury. Odom averaged 28 points through the first three games but 12.3 points in the past three.

"I was hitting shots," he said. "When you hit shots, you score. When you're not, you don't. It's just the focus. Try to catch the ball close to the basket, don't rely on the three and try to get back to the free-throw line."

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/pros/abox/article_1350296.php

thoughts?

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #2609 on: November 12, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
Lakers vs. Memphis tonight...i see a W...Kobe 35 or more points tonight