Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288044 times)

WC Iz Active

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2640 on: November 12, 2006, 11:20:12 PM »
There's a lot of hostility here, lets keep it sophisticated fellas.
To quote what a hobo from the Bronx told Axl Rose "You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby, you're gonna die!"
From Wikipedia (heard it somewhere else too):

Axl Rose wrote the lyrics after an encounter with a homeless man, who accosted him and a friend in The Bronx late at night. Trying to put a scare into the young runaways, the man yelled at them, "You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby, you're gonna die!".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Jungle

Propz man, god they were a great band, we should change this thread to the official Guns N Roses thread ;D  amazing band

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2641 on: November 12, 2006, 11:23:39 PM »
Los Angeles outscored Memphis by 20 points in the paint Sunday night on its way to a 91-81 victory at home. Kobe Bryant led the way with 21 points and Lamar Odom added 20 and 16 rebounds.
 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2642 on: November 13, 2006, 12:12:27 AM »
Lamar Odom- 20 points (7-13 FG), 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks...Lets trade him!.........for Ron Artest!! LMAO...You must feel like a dipshit. "Kobe and Odom have no chemistry!" <<based on two off games, where Kobe wasn't even CLOSE to full strenght (and still isn't)... :grumpy:

Lol I knew that was coming. Apply your Amare Stoudemire theory here...let's see Odom put up nubers like that every game.

UMMMMM, he has been, smart guy, have you been watching the Lakers lately? I bet you only read the boxscores, and if the game seems REALLY interesting, you MIGHT just watch the highlights, huh?... :grumpy:

lmao he has? so 20 & 16 is average for odom? come back to reality.

No, but he fills up the stat sheet pretty much every night, and he IS averaging 20!... ::)

yeah 8 games into the season dickhead...

Odom is a good all around player but i'd take Artest, AK47, or even Marion over him.
You'd take Andrei Kirilenko over Odom? Wow.

Some sick shit, huh?

Well we took a poll of that before and majority voted that AK47 is the better player. So I guess most of us are "sick".

^^LMAO...Do you even take into account how many Laker haters there are on this board?..The sad thing is, you identify with them more than you identify with a Laker fan. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2643 on: November 13, 2006, 12:14:38 AM »
Lamar Odom- 20 points (7-13 FG), 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks...Lets trade him!.........for Ron Artest!! LMAO...You must feel like a dipshit. "Kobe and Odom have no chemistry!" <<based on two off games, where Kobe wasn't even CLOSE to full strenght (and still isn't)... :grumpy:

Lol I knew that was coming. Apply your Amare Stoudemire theory here...let's see Odom put up nubers like that every game.

UMMMMM, he has been, smart guy, have you been watching the Lakers lately? I bet you only read the boxscores, and if the game seems REALLY interesting, you MIGHT just watch the highlights, huh?... :grumpy:

lmao he has? so 20 & 16 is average for odom? come back to reality.

No, but he fills up the stat sheet pretty much every night, and he IS averaging 20!... ::)

yeah 8 games into the season dickhead...

Yea, and he was doing the same since the 2nd half of last season, but unfortunately, you don't watch the Lakers, so your input is pretty useless...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2644 on: November 13, 2006, 04:10:19 AM »
Highlight Mix: Grizz vs Lakers   11/12/06

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x3oknd

Song: The Game - Too Much (feat. Nate Dogg)

Maurice Evans Putback Dunk:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mgsecn

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2646 on: November 13, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2647 on: November 13, 2006, 12:56:29 PM »
Maurice Evans putback:

Doggystylin

« Reply #2648 on: November 13, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
Is Kobe's new wristband bothering anyone else too? It looks shitty down on his wrist it looked so much better up on his arm. Plus doesn't he look much bigger this season? like bulkier.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 02:42:40 PM by Lakers Advocate »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2650 on: November 13, 2006, 02:24:04 PM »
they should have blown out the grizzlies

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2651 on: November 13, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »
Is Kobe's new wristband bothering anyone else too? It looks shitty down on his wrist it looked so much better up on his arm. Plus doesn't he look much bigger this season? like bulkier.

No...The NBA rules changed. You can't wear any armbands in Kobe's signature spot this year... :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2652 on: November 13, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »
they should have blown out the grizzlies

10 is a pretty big difference, plus, Phil likes experimenting early in the season, especially in blow-outs, which this game pretty much was.

Doggystylin

« Reply #2653 on: November 13, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »

No...The NBA rules changed. You can't wear any armbands in Kobe's signature spot this year... :-\

thats so fucking gay, fuck david stern

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2654 on: November 13, 2006, 09:10:02 PM »
MONDAY'S LAKERS BEAT
One-two punch
By Steve Springer, Times Staff Writer
8:19 AM PST, November 13, 2006

There's a wild rumor going around Staples Center that Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom are one and the same person.

After all, they never seem to be on the court at the same time.

To open this season, Odom was the team's leading scorer and rebounder, the man at the controls of the offense, until Bryant's ailing right knee, still recovering from July arthroscopic surgery, was strong enough to allow him to return to the lineup.

Then in later games, as was sometimes the case in Odom's past seasons with the Lakers and other teams, he seemed to disappear, his presence causing barely a ripple.

But not Sunday in the Lakers' 91-81 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies at Staples Center.

With Bryant thinking pass first and shoot later, Odom maintained his aggressiveness, getting 20 points and 16 rebounds. Bryant and Odom worked smoothly together, both on the same page to a degree often lacking in the past. They were two distinct forces.

"That's what we need, a 1-2 punch," said Bryant. "And we'll provide it."

"It's our third year together," Odom said, "and, of course, you'll see more of that. I kind of know what he wants, he knows what I want and I try to feed off him as much as possible. Kobe is able to find people. He doesn't get enough credit for his passing."

Forward Luke Walton would like to see Odom take his aggressiveness up yet another notch.

"He needs to be more selfish," said Walton.

After sitting out the first seven games because of a bruised right rotator cuff and bursitis in his shoulder, center/forward Kwame Brown played nearly 17 and one-half minutes against Memphis, getting six points and two rebounds.

"He moved well," said coach Phil Jackson. "Some of the other things [he did] weren't so great."

"My timing is not there yet," said Brown. "I just need a couple more games. I felt a little pinch [in the shoulder area]. I've been told [by doctors] I'm not going to be 100% this year. I'm going to have good days and some bad ones. I'll just have to deal with that."