Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288354 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2760 on: November 21, 2006, 10:57:39 AM »
I can't wait for today game... I'm curious if we can step it up now against a very good team ... I just hope we take care of the ball

Lakers >>> Clippers.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2761 on: November 21, 2006, 11:02:53 AM »
^^ I meant we won games against weak or average teams... if we stay at this level against the Clips, I think we are in trouble... of course at full shape   Lakers >>> Clippers

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2762 on: November 21, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
^^ I meant we won games against weak or average teams... if we stay at this level against the Clips, I think we are in trouble... of course at full shape   Lakers >>> Clippers

Golden State
Chicago
Phoenix
New Orleans

^^These teams are not considered "weak or average"...In fact, I think the Clippers would fit in perfectly on that list.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2763 on: November 21, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »
City rivals vie again
It's not one-sided any longer with the Clippers having emerged as NBA contenders the past two seasons.
By ART THOMPSON III
The Orange County Register

EL SEGUNDO – It has become a rivalry.

To some, it always was between the Lakers and Clippers. But when one team was dominating the series and winning championships, it could not even be considered a one-sided rivalry.

The Clippers were afterthoughts to the Lakers. Not anymore.

The Clippers have posted better regular-season records than the Lakers the past two seasons. The Clippers advanced further in the playoffs last season. First place in the Pacific Division is at stake tonight when the teams collide in the first of four regular-season meetings at Staples Center.

"Every game in our division is important, not just the Lakers," Clippers guard Sam Cassell said. "It would be great if it would give us two wins, not just one. As far as bragging rights for the city, a win might help. But I don't put much emphasis on it. They have their fans, we have our fans."

But there is no mistaking the buzz among fans of both teams anticipating the game.

"I feel it, the rivalry," Clippers swingman Quinton Ross said. "It's the Lakers and the Clippers, with one team trying to stake its claim."

The expected sellout crowd likely will be pro-Lakers tonight because it is a Lakers' home game. The allegiance should shift in 11 days, when the teams meet again, this time on the Clippers' floor.

"It counts just like any other game," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "But someone will have bragging rights, at least for a period of time. Both teams are in the playoff picture and playing well. So it should be a good game."

The teams have split the season series the past two years. Before that, the Lakers had won 10 of 12 and at one point, the Lakers won 16 consecutive games over the Clippers.

Accompanying the shift has been a change in mindset.

"Definitely," Clippers All-Star forward Elton Brand said. "We're going into tomorrow's game expecting to win. I know we've split over the past two years, and I'm not saying they don't go into a game against us also thinking they're not going to win. Now, when I first got here, it wasn't like that."

Dunleavy coached the Lakers for two seasons, from 1990-92, and was 7-2 against the Clippers. When Brand was traded to the Clippers in 2001, one of his new teammates was Lamar Odom, who had just finished his rookie season. Brand and Odom played together for two seasons before Odom signed as a free agent with Miami. Now Odom is in his second season with the Lakers, which adds spice into the Clippers-Lakers rivalry.

Adding more flavor is that Lakers forward Vladimir Radmanovic was a key contributor to the Clippers' playoff run last season. The Clippers offered Radmanovic a four-year contract to return this season. But he spurned them to sign with the Lakers, which prompted the Clippers to sign forward Tim Thomas to a four-year deal.

"I called him a traitor, just playing around with him, but Vlade's my boy," Clippers guard Cuttino Mobley said. "Business-wise, you have to do what you have to do."

"We might feel like we have a deeper roster than they do," Brand said. "But talent-wise, when you have a player like Kobe Bryant, he can be the X-factor. He can go off for 81 points in a game and make up for a lot of things."

Mobley said there are players on both teams that get extra hyped for these games. But mainly, Mobley said, the rivalry is for the fans.

"The city is big enough for two teams," Mobley said. "So let the fans have their fun.''

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2765 on: November 21, 2006, 08:11:05 PM »
Kobe is going for 82 tonight.........20 pts in the 1st quarter  :o  :rock: :raisetheroof:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2766 on: November 21, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »
Kobe is going for 82 tonight.........20 pts in the 1st quarter  :o  :rock: :raisetheroof:

LMAO...Dude's not even 75%.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2767 on: November 21, 2006, 08:55:24 PM »

lol see what happens when Rick Fox goes to the games?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #2768 on: November 21, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »
98-91 , 1:24 left, the game should be ours ... Kwame got a very nice game defensive wise and on the rebound (14, 7 offensive)... Lamar is weak on the free throws but hit the 2 most important  8)

rik

« Reply #2769 on: November 21, 2006, 10:16:34 PM »
Lakers get the win!  8)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2770 on: November 21, 2006, 10:24:55 PM »
yo was radmanovic raised in the US? he had an interview on the radio and it seems like he doesnt even have an accent. if he does, its VERY slight.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2771 on: November 21, 2006, 10:26:39 PM »
ugh we need to execute better in the 2nd half. we blew a 13 point lead.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2772 on: November 21, 2006, 11:08:31 PM »
yeah lakers won...8~3 8)

L'UP...where those flippers fan they still talking they shit :-*

Kobe Carries Lakers in Battle of L.A.
Kobe Bryant had his first 40-point game of the season, including 10 in the fourth quarter as the Lakers pulled away from the Clippers for Tuesday's 105-101 win at the STAPLES Center. He scored half of those 40 points in the first 12 minutes, finished 12-for-23 from the field and 15-for-18 from the line, and added five rebounds and five assists. Lamar Odom (18 points) and Kwame Brown (10 and 14 rebounds) were among five Lakers in double digits.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2773 on: November 21, 2006, 11:52:16 PM »
Lakers = Best team in NBA right now.
And espn still wants to talk about Dwayne Wade. :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2774 on: November 22, 2006, 12:00:31 AM »
Lakers = Best team in NBA right now.
And espn still wants to talk about Dwayne Wade. :grumpy:

LOL. The Heat are constantly getting their asses handed to them, while the Lakers are leading the Pacific...