Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288117 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2820 on: November 25, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
Great game last night...Lamar should of made that lay-up w/ 45 sec left in the game  :'( ...
haha yeah that what i say>>yall saw when smush pass it to odom to make the lay up n that shit when around

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2821 on: November 25, 2006, 10:31:14 PM »
Sasha sucks ass! ::)

LOL...I knew I was gonna come in here to find you saying something like that. Dude sucks bro...he had an alright game.

I said that in the first half, he was obviously our best point guard last night...I hope you feel like shit when he REALLY gets it going.

Why would I feel like shit if he "gets it going"? If he gets it going it would help the team. Fact of the matter is he's not gonna get it going. You know why? Because he sucks.

We'll see. :-*

wcsoldier

« Reply #2822 on: November 26, 2006, 01:49:41 AM »
Very tough loss... we played great except on the boards... look for payback time next Thursday.... and  :o at the Kobe block

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2823 on: November 26, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »
I know Lakers can take the Nets today... 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2824 on: November 26, 2006, 07:41:10 PM »
Haltime updates

* Marcus williams was fuckin killing us! And to think...we were 1 pick away from getting him  :-[

* Kwame Brown is grabbing every rebound in sight

* Kobe has V.Carter on lock!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2825 on: November 26, 2006, 08:46:20 PM »
Chick Hearn Night 11/26/06
The Lakers will once again honor the memory of broadcasting legend and Hall of Famer Chick Hearn, with their annual Chick Hearn Night. This year’s celebration is scheduled for November 26th when the Lakers host the New Jersey Nets.

In memory of Chick the Lakers will be collecting books which are to be donated to various reading centers and libraries throughout Los Angeles. The recipients of the Chick Hearn Scholarship at the University of Southern California will also be introduced at halftime.

USC Annenberg journalism students Casey Conlon and James Koh are the 2006 winners of the Chick Hearn Memorial Scholarship.

The annual scholarship is funded by an endowment established by the Los Angeles Lakers in memory of Hall of Fame sports broadcaster Chick Hearn, who died in 2002. In addition to major gifts from the Lakers and Marge Hearn, hundreds of fans contributed to the scholarship fund at USC Annenberg, which now totals more than $200,000.

The public may continue to contribute to the fund to help deserving journalism students seeking a career in sports broadcasting. Donations may be sent to USC Annenberg Chick Hearn Fund, USC Annenberg School for Communication, 3502 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0281

The Lakers, Marge Hearn and USC Annenberg journalism professor Dan Birman will make the official presentation to Conlon and Koh during halftime at the Lakers-New Jersey Nets game on Sunday, November 26, 2006. The presentation is scheduled at the game closest to the date of Hearn’s birthday. He would have been 90 on November 27. The game begins at 6:30 pm.

“Of all the honors that Chick received, I believe he would have been most proud of this scholarship,” said Marge Hearn. “He never was able to complete his own education and he would have been very pleased that students like Casey and James have the help they need to pursue their dreams.”

Conlon went to high school in San Diego and now serves as sports director for Annenberg Television News, the student produced daily newscast at USC Annenberg. He has produced sports coverage for USC Athletic Video Operations and was an intern at the San Diego Union Tribune. He is a senior majoring in broadcast journalism.

“I grew up listening to Chick Hearn’s voice and will always hold him far above any other sportscaster,” Conlon wrote in his application essay. “From his coined catch phrases to his trademark, ‘This game’s in the refrigerator …’ call, Chick was always the highlight of the game. To win a scholarship in his honor would be one of my greatest accomplishments.”

Koh is a graduate student working toward an M.A. in broadcast journalism. Born in Korea, his childhood years were spent in Houston and Los Angeles. He earned his B.A. from UC Berkeley. He spent a year as a sports broadcaster and country music deejay for KIBS 100.7 FM in Bishop, Calif. He also worked at San Francisco’s KNBR and KPQX in Havre, Mont. At USC, he is a sports anchor for Annenberg Television News and KSCR, the campus radio station.

“I am not a native speaker of English. I came to America at a young age and did not speak the language until I was six years old,” Koh writes. Citing his admiration for Los Angeles broadcasting icons Chick Hearn and Vin Scully, he adds, “What drives me today is a passion for sports broadcasting.”

“Chick Hearn was an icon who represented the best in sports, broadcasting, and the spirit of Los Angeles,” said Geoffrey Cowan, dean of the USC Annenberg School for Communication. “We are honored that the Hearn family and the Lakers have chosen to support deserving USC Annenberg journalism students who will build upon his great legacy.”

People attending the game that night will receive collectable mini-banners featuring slogans that Chick made famous.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2826 on: November 26, 2006, 09:05:31 PM »
3 weeks in a row that the Chargers and Lakers have won  ;D

rik

« Reply #2827 on: November 26, 2006, 09:07:17 PM »
Great win. Farmar played really well tonight.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2828 on: November 26, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »
9~4 8)

L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UPL'UP  L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP  L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP
L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UPL'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP
L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP
L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP'L'UP
L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP  L'UP L'UP L'UP
L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UPL'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP L'UP

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2829 on: November 26, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »
Los Angeles outscored the Nets by 13 in the third quarter en route to a 99-93 victory at STAPLES Center on Sunday. Kobe Bryant recorded a season-high 10 assists to go along with his 19 points, while Lamar Odom scored 21. The Lakers are now 8-1 at home, second best to only Utah in the Western Conference, and will host Milwaukee on Tuesday

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2830 on: November 26, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »

* Marcus williams was fuckin killing us! And to think...we were 1 pick away from getting him  :-[

4 picks away...Plus, I'd much rather have Farmar in the long run...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2831 on: November 26, 2006, 11:20:33 PM »
Anyone notcie the disgusting reffing on Kobe tonight? Anyone remember the calls Jordan used to get back in the days? Or even Wade nowadays? :grumpy: Nice win, nonetheless...The bench unit picked it up, especially Kwame, I expect to see him in the starting line-up again soon...PeACe

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2832 on: November 26, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »
9-4 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2833 on: November 26, 2006, 11:53:57 PM »
Anyone notcie the disgusting reffing on Kobe tonight? Anyone remember the calls Jordan used to get back in the days? Or even Wade nowadays? :grumpy:

Hell yeah. I see why Kobe would rather settle for a long 3. If he drives in the lane he's gonna get hacked and they're not gonna give him the call.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2834 on: November 27, 2006, 03:47:57 AM »
10 assists  8)