Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286904 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2835 on: November 27, 2006, 04:44:24 AM »
Good win.. I like the way others players stepped it up... we are already on another level team wise (as comparing to last year) I can't wait to see this team at whole potential (should reach it in March knowing Phil coaching abilities).. if Luke goes on playing at this level , he got the MIP award on lock, Kwame is great since his return (gonna probably have his best carreer season) and Smush starts to step it up for a few games..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2836 on: November 27, 2006, 10:06:18 AM »
Nice all round preformance from everybody. Lakers need to stack up those home wins.

The bench unit picked it up, especially Kwame, I expect to see him in the starting line-up again soon...PeACe
Yeah probably because Bynum will eventually hit the wall. But even if he doesn't it's alright because Kwame will play at the end of games and is playing more minutes then Bynum. Not to mention Kwame is a beast. It's hard to beilive this was the same player that played in Washington 2 years ago.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2837 on: November 27, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »
if Luke goes on playing at this level , he got the MIP award on lock,

I dunno man, Kevin Martin and Andrew Bynum have a good shot at it too...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2838 on: November 27, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »
Nice all round preformance from everybody. Lakers need to stack up those home wins.

The bench unit picked it up, especially Kwame, I expect to see him in the starting line-up again soon...PeACe
Yeah probably because Bynum will eventually hit the wall. But even if he doesn't it's alright because Kwame will play at the end of games and is playing more minutes then Bynum. Not to mention Kwame is a beast. It's hard to beilive this was the same player that played in Washington 2 years ago.

Well, this is the same thing I've BEEN saying that you attempted to "catch" me on earlier...Bynum is progressing rapidly, dude is proving that he WILL dominate the 5 spot for years to come, but he's simply got a lot more to learn. Kwame is arriving, he's pretty much becoming the player they thought he would when they selected him at number 1 and it's happening right before our eyes...So Kwame/Bynum will be a VISCIOUS combination at the center spot, but Kwame should be starting as of now...And it's not THAT hard to believe that this is the same Kwame from Washington, because he showed flashes of excellence on more than a few occasions during his stay there as well, he just needed the right mentors, which he got in LA...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2840 on: November 27, 2006, 12:36:40 PM »
Kwame is turning into a monster. I love it.

We sure could have used Farmar against Utah, he was tearing it up yesterday. It looks like Smush is starting to wake up out of his slumber. He played defense for the first time this season yesterday. He actually picked up full court and he moved his feet better than he has in the past. He needs to keep that up or Farmar will snatch that starting spot up.

What I liked about Farmar's play was that he was fighting over screens and he never gave up on plays defensively.  Also Kobe was as alive defensively as I've seen him lately. It was good to see our perimeter defenders doing their job yesterday against the NBA's best backcourt. That has been a huge weakness for us this year.

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2841 on: November 27, 2006, 12:53:09 PM »

We sure could have used Farmar against Utah, he was tearing it up yesterday. It looks like Smush is starting to wake up out of his slumber. He played defense for the first time this season yesterday. He actually picked up full court and he moved his feet better than he has in the past. He needs to keep that up or Farmar will snatch that starting spot up.

What I liked about Farmar's play was that he was fighting over screens and he never gave up on plays defensively.  Also Kobe was as alive defensively as I've seen him lately. It was good to see our perimeter defenders doing their job yesterday against the NBA's best backcourt. That has been a huge weakness for us this year.

Vince HATES facing Kobe...So much less freedom than he usually gets. Someone (I think it was Baby G) questioned why Kobe was All-Defense 1st Team...Well, that's why. Opposing shooting guards HATE facing the Lakers, due to Kobe always locking them down...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2842 on: November 27, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

Vince HATES facing Kobe...So much less freedom than he usually gets. Someone (I think it was Baby G) questioned why Kobe was All-Defense 1st Team...Well, that's why. Opposing shooting guards HATE facing the Lakers, due to Kobe always locking them down...PeACe

Lol here you go again. Kobe barley played defense at all last season. He always plays with intensity against the Nets and the Sonics (because he has a grudge with Vince Carter and Ray Allen). If you're trying to tell me he played that kind of defense all last season, feel free to kiss my ass.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2843 on: November 27, 2006, 05:47:04 PM »

Lol here you go again. Kobe barley played defense at all last season. He always plays with intensity against the Nets and the Sonics (because he has a grudge with Vince Carter and Ray Allen). If you're trying to tell me he played that kind of defense all last season, feel free to kiss my ass.

LOL@this jackass, "Kobe barely played defense at all last season"...It's true, Kobe picks up his intensity when the competition is higher, but that's the SMART thing to do, he can't expand 100% energy 100% of the the time at both ends. Has nothing to do with being a good defender...Don't you wish you knew a little more about basketball?

rik

« Reply #2844 on: November 27, 2006, 06:19:41 PM »
Kobe doesn't play defense? WOW...now I've heard everything.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2845 on: November 27, 2006, 07:20:44 PM »
videos Lakers Vs Nets

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2846 on: November 28, 2006, 02:55:22 AM »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2847 on: November 28, 2006, 05:02:29 AM »
Kobe didn't play defense last season? Yeah, right.. ::) (he was named in the All-Defensive First Team just to let you know)
Kobe never defends? Yeah, right ::) (he's just been selected 4 times in the All-Defensive first team and 2 times in the second team)

Try another one, smart dude.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2848 on: November 28, 2006, 09:01:36 AM »
Lol at Kobe not playing D , tell me which superstar he doesn"t lock down yet ? none... Kobe is the only perimeter superstar who plays on both ends of the court...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2849 on: November 28, 2006, 10:05:33 AM »
Great win. Farmar played really well tonight.

;D In the 4th quarter when Kobe was in the bench Farmar made a couple of shots that gave us a 11 point lead...The other night against the clipps when kobe was on the bench Lakers lost a 9 pts lead b/c sasha was getting owned by Livinston...i want to see DNP - CD, next to sashas name for the rest of the season  :D ...And Farmars defense is so much better then Smush & Sashas Defense 8)

And I didn't like how the refs were fucking with kobe again  >:( ..just call the fucking fouls  >:(

And a couple other things I've notice is the Lakers are shooting to many 3's..and the TO's are also down which is good....and Kobe only has 3 TO's the last 3 games.

And lol @ the clippers losing 4 games in a row...it's going to be 5 after tonight when they lose to the queens....good to see the clippers back at the bottom where they belong  :) ...

and also the Jazz have lost 2 straight games...they play the spurs on Wednesday (Loss) and the Lakers on Thursday (loss) ....so the Lakers should be in 2nd place in the West by Friday  ;D  8)

videos Lakers Vs Nets

Better Quality

Highlight Mix: Nets vs Lakers

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gktws0

Song: Nas - One Love (Remix)