Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288095 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2910 on: December 02, 2006, 09:57:19 PM »
Another win against the Clips... now I want 3 wins against Indiana, NOK and Atlanta before playing SAS  8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2911 on: December 02, 2006, 11:56:07 PM »
hell yeah i just got from the game 8)...u know i was at the bar n when the game was finsh i was going to the bathroom n i saw this flippers fan he was wating for somebody n i saw those lil stick ballon that say clippers in the table n one was in the floor n i pop the one was in the floor while he was there lookin and i was i just kept on walking he was just laghtin...so i got the other 1 n i was like im going pop this 1 outside where all the ppl is...so it was like 3 or 4 white girls they have they flippers jersey they was just walking back n front inside the bar i guess they was lookin for rich guys n shit...lol..so after the game was over i saw them outside it was 2 one was talking on the phone they was sitting at the lil gate outside so i was like fuck it im going pop this lil clippers ballon in they face so i step on it that shit pop loud while everybody was outside they say something they was not loud enought i was just lookin at her yea...n i was walking away i put my middle finger up at her n i throw up my L' HAND HAHAHA SHIT WAS FUNNY LOL 8)

LAKERS ARE 11~5 8)

o yeah and it was some UCLA fan 8)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:04:41 AM by LAKERS_FAN89 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2912 on: December 03, 2006, 12:35:55 AM »
the officiating in this game was eww
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2913 on: December 03, 2006, 10:55:50 AM »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:00:39 AM by Lakers Advocate »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2914 on: December 03, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »
LMAO  ;D  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2915 on: December 03, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »
Highlight Mix: Lakers @ Clippers - 12/2/06

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kuthpn

Song: Nas - Black Republican (feat. Jay-Z)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2916 on: December 03, 2006, 11:56:06 AM »
hell yeah i just got from the game 8)...u know i was at the bar n when the game was finsh i was going to the bathroom n i saw this flippers fan he was wating for somebody n i saw those lil stick ballon that say clippers in the table n one was in the floor n i pop the one was in the floor while he was there lookin and i was i just kept on walking he was just laghtin...so i got the other 1 n i was like im going pop this 1 outside where all the ppl is...so it was like 3 or 4 white girls they have they flippers jersey they was just walking back n front inside the bar i guess they was lookin for rich guys n shit...lol..so after the game was over i saw them outside it was 2 one was talking on the phone they was sitting at the lil gate outside so i was like fuck it im going pop this lil clippers ballon in they face so i step on it that shit pop loud while everybody was outside they say something they was not loud enought i was just lookin at her yea...n i was walking away i put my middle finger up at her n i throw up my L' HAND HAHAHA SHIT WAS FUNNY LOL 8)

LAKERS ARE 11~5 8)

o yeah and it was some UCLA fan 8)

LMAO!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2917 on: December 03, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
Lakers =2 Clippers =0

Great game by everyone, but damn at all those turnovers by Kobe Bryant. Vlad Rad is a disapointment so far this season. He's not really a bench player.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2918 on: December 03, 2006, 01:09:53 PM »
Lakers =2 Clippers =0

Great game by everyone, but damn at all those turnovers by Kobe Bryant. Vlad Rad is a disapointment so far this season. He's not really a bench player.

Kobe did turn the ball over more than he should have last night. you gotta remember though, the officiating was terrible. Kobe was getting hacked left and right, couldn't get any sort of rythym flowing whatsoever for some time. But lemme tell you something about Radman...Dude is in a major slump right now. He had a decent game last night, but his shooting hand is DEFINITELY not the same...I dunno if it's a mental thing or because he needs a surgery, but I know that he is much more of a player offensively than he has been showcasing...Hopefully he steps out of it and we don't need to wait for him to get the surgery to see him at his best...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2919 on: December 03, 2006, 03:55:45 PM »
Warning: This one might give you nightmares.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2920 on: December 03, 2006, 04:26:23 PM »
Kobe sends 52 messages

Assigned to run point on the Daily Dime, I went in hoping to write about something or someone other than Kobe Bryant. Before tipoff, I thought maybe I'd look at the Jazz's oddball Andrei Kirilenko-Mehmet Okur-Carlos Boozer front line and how it's still not an ideal configuration, no matter how many games they won out of the gate. (And how their 2-3 record since Kirilenko returned from injury is an indication.)

Or maybe I'd write about Derek Fisher and how he really didn't want to go to Utah because his wife had just had twins at the time of the trade and he didn't know if he'd be buried on the bench behind Deron Williams and Dee Brown.

But then the Lakers got a head of steam and under a semi-directive to write about the winning team, I thought maybe I'd go with Luke Walton, who airballed an early J and next touch buried a 3, something he couldn't or wouldn't have done a year ago. Or put the spotlight on Maurice Evans outhustling the NBA's Charlie Hustle, Matt Harpring, and what a quietly terrific draft-night deal that was getting him for a second-round pick from Detroit. Or go the combo route, looking at how GM Mitch Kupchak is routinely skewered and yet looks like a Executive of the Year candidate for acquiring a host of role players in Evans, Ronny Turiaf, Vladimir Radmanovic and Jordan Farmar that suddenly makes the idea of dealing a few pieces for Kevin Garnett less of a strip-mine operation.

But then Kobe went and dropped 52 points Thursday in a 132-102 win on the team with the NBA's best record -- as opposed to the NBA's best team -- including crushing two dunks on the entire Jazz defense and did it all in a way that wasn't the least bit forced. I even enjoyed watching Phil Jackson irritably clean his glasses in the midst of Kobe's 30-point third quarter, going 9 for 9 from the floor and 10 for 10 from the line, as if the thought bubble over the Zenmaster's head was: "Yeah, yeah, I know you've got all that, but what about the triangle? Work the triangle, damn it. What about the ballhandling skills I put the team through? How am I going to get any love when you're pulling up and hitting bottoms from 25 feet? Show-off."

Actually, Kobe didn't just break the half-century mark on the scoreboard. He also switched onto Kirilenko when he started to heat up on Walton and kept him scoreless until the game got out of hand. Which, combined with Kobe's 15 free-throw attempts, is why all the talk of anyone being a better player is laughable. Only Steve Nash understands how to get his teammates going and yet take every big shot as well as Kobe does within the context of the game. And Nash simply doesn't have the physical tools to play defense the way Kobe can.

I understand. He doesn't do funny commercials. He seemed to be channeling all of MJ's mannerisms his first few years while denying any similarity. He has a nasty edge that he sometimes inflicts on people who meant him no harm. He doesn't have Shaq's seal of approval. The list of reasons those who don't like him is long and varied. But how many times does one man have to drop iodine tablets into the same village well to make it potable? How many times must Kobe demonstrate that no one in the league -- and I mean no one -- has his combination of skill, tenacity, understanding of time and score, killer instinct and ability to control the game at the both ends? And how many times must I be the one taking the flag and waving it?

Trust me, if you're sick of me sticking up for Kobe, I'm equally sick of having to do it. It shouldn't be this difficult to have the man recognized as the league's all-around best player. OK, so you don't like him. I'm good with that. But not respect him? Not give him his due? Anoint anyone who hasn't accomplished half of what he has as The King or The One or The Whatever? Ignore what every player in the league will tell you, even those who consider him arrogant and a little bit evil, that he's the best?

You in the back with the Raja Bell jersey
(I think he's talking to you, BabyG) -- you want to know why we didn't see this in the third quarter against the Suns in Game 7 last year? Answer: Because Kobe was playing on the knee that required offseason surgery. Because, unlike Game 7, the rest of the Lakers contributed at both ends from the get, which opened the door for Kobe to go off. There's no getting 52 against a good team (exempting last year's Raptors) unless your teammates are keeping the opposition honest. Otherwise, they're going to run double and triple teams at you with impunity -- something the Suns did and the Jazz didn't.

No doubt someone will poke some holes in his performance against the Jazz. Phil may even provide some ammo for it. All I can say is, you better get started now. This one won't be easy to ventilate. Or as a Cuban philosopher once exclaimed: "You got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy."

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2921 on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:22 PM »
Kobe Bryant scored 29 points as the Lakers defeated the Clippers 97-88 on Saturday. The Lakers led by eight points at halftime and never looked back. They improved their record to 2-0 against the Clippers. Lamar Odom tallied 18 points and eight rebounds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2922 on: December 03, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »
Kobe’s Back ... and he’s Ballin’
Posted Dec 1 2006 11:49AM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook
Ah yes. Kobe did it again. No, he didn't go for 80-plus, but that third quarter was incredible just the same. He connected on all nine shots he took from the field (including two from downtown) and all 10 he attempted from the stripe. Hate to say it, but that's Laettner-esque.
More important, what was a seven-point Laker lead early in the third became a 22-point cushion by the time the period was done. Much like the night of 81, the Kobe run was a Laker run. So back off haters!

And this was no defensively deficient Toronto Raptors team (second worst in the league last season) here. The Jazz are a decent defensive squad, sixth in the league in field goal percentage against coming into last night. And oh yeah, they came into Staples Center with the best record in the Association. By the way, they still had it (a game ahead of the red-hot Mavs) as they flew home.

Still, perhaps throwing a second defender at some point before he had already scored 30 in the quarter would have been a good idea, fellas. As soon as you sense one of these outbursts (check his eyes; they'll tell you), you gotta get the ball out his hands, or don't even let it get into them in the first place.

He took it to the hole, exploding for a couple of facials on Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur. He stroked it from downtown. He pulled up from mid-range. Kobe Bryant was so on last night, he even made Lindsay Lohan (sitting in the second row) look good.

Notorious

Kobe Bryant is the most polarizing player in the league today. Love him or hate him. There's not really another choice. LeBron, D-Wade and Vince Carter have just as passionate fans, but the haters just don't hate them quite as much.
At times, I think he takes bad shots. I didn't exactly react positively when I read about his last-possession decision to not pass the ball to Lamar Odom the other night. He beat my team in their first ever trip to the NBA Finals.

But in general, I like Kobe. He's a student of the game. He's a good interview. No player in this league works harder than he does. Watch him play defense when the Lakers play the Nets and he's guarding Carter. He becomes the best defender in the league. Those are characteristics of a reality guy.

And of course, Kobe is just flat-out fun to watch.

There was the 81-point game, along with five other 50-plus performances last season. And the game-winners. Even if you're not a Laker fan, you got a thrill when that shot (shots if you count the one that tied it in overtime) in Game 4 against the Suns went through the net. Kobe Bryant makes magic moments like that more often than anyone else.

He'll surely go for 50-plus again this year. And the game-winners will come too. You may not watch every Laker game, but if they're playing, you always gotta check out the boxscore or take a peak while the game you're watching is in a timeout.

The knee injury slowed him down to start the season, but last night, Kobe showed us that he is back. Prepare for more thrills.

Inappropriate Chanting

Dear Laker fans,
No matter how hot your boy is, you absolutely can not start an MVP chant in Game 15 of the season. Gotta go with "Ko-Bee, Ko-Bee, Ko-Bee" there.

New Schuhmann rule: No MVP chants until at least Game 65.

Thanks.

Schubee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2923 on: December 04, 2006, 05:53:49 AM »
Lakers =2 Clippers =0

I'll be surprise if the Lakers don't win the Series...3 seasons ago we didn't win it b/c kobe didn't play in the 3rd game and in the 4th game we were a fucking mess :(

but damn at all those turnovers by Kobe Bryant.

He's been doing a better job not turning the ball over....he only had 5 TO's in the last 5 games before the game against the clippers.

And i love how our bench shitted on the clippers in the 4th quarter when KB & LO were on the bench  ;D ..J.Farmars Runner was  :o :o :o ...

Im also loving LO's Leadership:
After Parker didn't give that much effort to get around Elton Brand's screen before Cuttino Mobley buried a three-pointer to give the Clippers a short-lived lead late in the third quarter, Parker and teammate Lamar Odom had an extremely animated disagreement in the next timeout .

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2924 on: December 04, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »
Bynum Lost Job

LOS ANGELES - Coach Phil Jackson says that Andrew Bynum lost his starting Job to Kwame Brown because of a poor work ethic.

"He hasn't been working hard enough to maintain that position," Jackson said Saturday. "Just a few things got under my skin a little bit, and I didn't think he deserved to continue there."

The 19-year-old started the first 15 Games at center but was demoted after the coaching staff informed Jackson that Bynum wasn't arriving early to shoot before games.

"We really needed to send a message to him, and I thought that might help," Jackson said.

Bynum seemed to take it in stride.

"It doesn't matter to me as long as I get some minutes," said Bynum, who had four points in 12 minutes Saturday. "It's not really that much different. I'm coming in kind of early at the start of the game."

Brown Happy to Start

Jackson informed Brown he'd be making his first start of the season as Brown rode the stationary bike in the workout room before Thursday night's Game against the Jazz.

Now that Brown is starting again, he admits he prefers it that way.

"I like starting," said Brown, who had been expected to start until a rotator cuff injury sidelined him for the first seven games.

"As a starter, you've got to be ready to play right away."

Brown started Saturday and filled up his stat line in 34 minutes, finishing with seven points, eight rebounds, three blocks and three steals.

He said he was shocked to get the good news last week but wished he had known earlier than minutes before the game started.

"But with Phil you got to always be ready," Brown said.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson did not tell Andrew Bynum why the 19-year-old center's role had changed only moments before Thursday's rout of the Utah Jazz. But Jackson did tell reporters Saturday why he parked Bynum on the bench to start the game.

"Andrew won that position almost by default," Jackson said of starting Bynum because of injuries to Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown early in the season. "But Andrew hasn't been working hard enough to maintain that position."

Jackson started Brown in Bynum's spot for the second straight game on Saturday against the Clippers. Brown has recovered from an early-season shoulder injury, but Mihm is expected to miss the entire season after undergoing right ankle surgery.

Brown went into the game averaging 7.4 points and 6.6 rebounds. After a strong start, Bynum has struggled offensively and, more to the point, Jackson said he is unhappy about his work ethic.

"I didn't make that decision until game time (Thursday)," Jackson said. "The coaching staff came to me and said Andrew was the last player on the floor to shoot (during the pregame warmup). He has to earn his position back."

Although he said he was unaware of the reason for the switch, Bynum said he had no problem playing in a reserve role.

"I doesn't matter to me as long as I get some minutes," said Bynum, who went into the game with averages of 8.3 points and 6.3 rebounds.

Defending Kobe

Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant averaged 40 points in four games last season against the Clippers and hit his average in the first game between the teams this season. What's more, he was coming off a season-high 52-point game Thursday against Utah.

"He's not like a big guy that you could run two or three guys at; he can go from anywhere on the floor," Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said. "He can be mesmerizing."

Nevertheless, Dunleavy said after the Lakers beat the Clippers on Nov. 21 that the Clippers had done a credible job in holding Bryant to 40 points.

"It's based on where guys were on the floor and whether his shots were contested or not," Dunleavy said. "We did what we were supposed to do. He just beat us."

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:38:32 AM by Lakers Advocate »