Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286941 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2925 on: December 04, 2006, 11:34:57 AM »
Everything's been playing out just like I said...Bynum is not playing with that same fire he had lit under him at the beginning of the season...Around the time he yelled "Pass me the fuckin' ball!" to Sasha...That's when he was peaking. He needs to start calling for the ball again and play demanding...I don't think he realizes what a big part of this team he really is...PeACe

Doggystylin

« Reply #2927 on: December 04, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »
After beating the Jazz and Clips, these next 3 should be easy wins but you never know, we did lose to Milwaukee at home (wtf was that all about).

Oh and Kobe has wayyyy too many turnovers, same with Lamar. We need to take care of the ball better and someone needs to pump Kwame up and get him going again, he seems deflated.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2928 on: December 04, 2006, 04:03:03 PM »
And after facing Carmelo Anthony and the Nuggets, Indiana knows it's in for a much stiffer challenge against Kobe and the Lakers tonight:

"Don't remind me," Pacers forward Danny Granger said after being one of Anthony's victims in his 38-point performance Saturday night in Denver. "I try not to think about it. I just try to play the best defense I can. Players like Kobe and Carmelo are going to shoot 20 times a game. . . . They're going to make shots and you have to be ready for that."

Al Harrington says breaking down tape on Kobe is worthless:

"He doesn't have any weaknesses," Harrington said. "You can try to nitpick his stuff and say something like he'd rather go left and pull up than go right 45 out of 50 times. That still may not do you any good. He has the whole package."

Elsewhere, Phil Jackson announced over the weekend that Kwame Brown was in and Andrew Bynum was out as starting center:

"Andrew won that position almost by default," Jackson said of starting Bynum because of injuries to Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown early in the season. "But Andrew hasn't been working hard enough to maintain that position."

Speaking of Bynum, Charley Rosen of foxsports.com says if the Lakers are to make a deep run in the postseason, Bynum will be key.

Finally, espn.com's Power Rankings are out today, and THE team in Los Angeles moved up two spots to No. 6:

As stated last week: Who needs a smooth training camp? Not Kobe, who's shooting a career-best 49 percent from the floor and hushing all that "it's a Clipper town" stuff.

thanks to kb24.com for the article

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2929 on: December 04, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
i smell a 12~5 L'UP 8)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2930 on: December 04, 2006, 10:10:13 PM »
12-5...

LMAO @ the crowd "WE WANT TACOS!"...but I don't blame 'em, those JITB tacos are crack...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2931 on: December 04, 2006, 10:11:08 PM »
any update on kobe's ankle?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2932 on: December 04, 2006, 10:13:22 PM »
yes 12~5 L'UP 8)

FIN 101 TO 87 8)

rik

« Reply #2933 on: December 04, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »
Nice win! Damn man hope Kobe's ankle is alright.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2934 on: December 04, 2006, 10:17:39 PM »
^^^^ apparently he sat out by precaution regarding the fact we had a big lead... Kobe went to the locker room, decided to be back on the bench. He was laughing and smiling from what I saw on tv so I don't think it's serious

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:22:19 PM by wcsoldier »

wcsoldier

« Reply #2935 on: December 04, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »
Kobe injures right ankle, exits game in third quarterAssociated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers star Kobe Bryant left the game against the Pacers early in the third quarter on Monday night with a sprained right ankle, but the injury didn't appear to be serious.

Kobe Bryant
Shooting Guard
Los Angeles Lakers

2007 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
14 26.4 4.7 4.9 .490 .833

Bryant got an offensive rebound and missed a shot before landing on Indiana center Jeff Foster's right foot. Bryant was helped off the court before walking to the Lakers' dressing room without assistance.

Bryant returned to the bench a couple minutes later, but team spokesman John Black said it was uncertain whether he would return to the game. As Bryant sat on the bench, he seemed to be testing his ankle.

Bryant left with the Lakers leading the Pacers 65-46. He had 21 points, three rebounds and two assists.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #2936 on: December 04, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »
any update on kobe's ankle?
Phil said his injury is "day to day"...but from the way he was sitting on the bench working it out, it didn't look like it was a real serious sprain...

Doggystylin

« Reply #2937 on: December 04, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
finally, kwame unleashed......and lamar STILL needs to be more aggressive

rik

« Reply #2938 on: December 04, 2006, 11:03:55 PM »
finally, kwame unleashed......and lamar STILL needs to be more aggressive

why? What he's been doing is working just fine.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2939 on: December 04, 2006, 11:31:34 PM »
 Kobe Bryant put up 21 points and led the Lakers to a 101-87 win over the Pacers Monday night, despite leaving in the third quarter with an ankle injury. Lamar Odom tallied 15 points, 13 rebounds and four assists. Kwame Brown went 8-of-12 from the field and scored a season-high 17 points, as the Lakers shot 51% from the field. Luke Walton added 10 points, six boards and seven assists, as the Lakers outscored the Pacers by 28 points in the paint.