Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286808 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2955 on: December 07, 2006, 01:23:52 AM »
Updates on former Lakers...

Stanislav "Slava" Medvedenko: No NBA team pursued him after his six-year career with the Lakers ended last season, and he reportedly sold his Manhattan Beach home for about $2.3 million to L.A. Kings forward Alexander Frolov.

Brian Grant:
Earning more than $16 million this year from the Lakers, who waived him under the 2005 amnesty rule, and from the Celtics, who acquired him from Phoenix in a draft-day deal knowing that an arthritic knee would be ending his career. Said to be thinking about a move to broadcasting.

Doug Christie:
Appears on a reality television show with devoted wife Jackie. Try to go to dougchristie.com, and watch what happens. Also, here is a recent photo.

Kareem Rush:
The four-year veteran was cut in training camp by the Sonics and is now living in Los Angeles. He expects to decide in the next two to three weeks whether to take a job in the Spanish ACB league.

Bryon Russell:
Looks like this is the end of the road for Russell, who recorded only three minutes of playing time last season in one game for Denver before being traded to Seattle on deadline day and then waived.

Nick Van Exel:
His knee has been bone on bone for the past couple of years, so don't be surprised if you never see him on the court again. But then again, there will be a half-dozen coaches looking for someone later this season with a history of hitting clutch buzzer-beaters, and Van Exel did it as well as anybody.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2956 on: December 07, 2006, 09:57:18 AM »
Just like with the Bucks, we didn't take these guys seriously. There was a complete lack of effort and energy out there. We can't afford to drop games liek this with the Texas triangle coming up. Then there was the 3 point binge in the 4th quarter. Ugh, this game was torture to watch.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

rik

« Reply #2957 on: December 07, 2006, 10:03:29 AM »
Just like with the Bucks, we didn't take these guys seriously. There was a complete lack of effort and energy out there. We can't afford to drop games liek this with the Texas triangle coming up. Then there was the 3 point binge in the 4th quarter. Ugh, this game was torture to watch.

Yeah man, horrible game. The thing is I knew this was gonna happen. It's been like this since our championship days. We tend to take this weaker teams to lightly.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2958 on: December 07, 2006, 10:26:51 AM »

Yeah man, horrible game. The thing is I knew this was gonna happen. It's been like this since our championship days. We tend to take this weaker teams to lightly.

I agree...Before the game started and they announced that 3 of the Hornets' starters wouldn't be playing, I had this gut feeling that the Lakers wouldn't show up 100%. Not only that, Hornets were coming off a 5 game losing streak...I hate that shit, we need to start taking every game seriously and topping the league like I know we can... :-\

Doggystylin

« Reply #2959 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »
Weak game, should have been a easy win, phil needs to punish some heads

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2960 on: December 07, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »
The Lakers on Wednesday were awarded a $2.1 million injured player exception for Chris Mihm, ruled out for the season Nov. 10.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_5196450,00.html

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2961 on: December 07, 2006, 09:49:22 PM »
it seem like tha Lakers dont get serious with weak team..but when it comes with hard team they be kickin ass...but like NIK say we need to take everygames serious..and stop with the bullshit and bring some championship 8)

L'UP

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2962 on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:03 PM »
The Lakers look to get back on the right track as they welcome Joe Johnson and the Atlanta Hawks to STAPLES Center at 7:30pm (PST). The Lakers have split the season series with Atlanta the previous six seasons, winning last year at Phillips Arena, but falling at STAPLES Center. After the Hawks game the Lakers will host the San Antonio Spurs on December 10th and then embarking on a road trip to Texas

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #2963 on: December 08, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »
Lakers vs. Atlanta tonight.i see a W

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2964 on: December 08, 2006, 08:20:51 PM »
check out my text under my avatar  ;D ......Farmar is the fuckin man....*2nd quarter right now*

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2965 on: December 08, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »
does any1 know the game on dec 25 vs heat is going be home or away but i think is a away??

rik

« Reply #2966 on: December 08, 2006, 08:59:47 PM »
does any1 know the game on dec 25 vs heat is going be home or away but i think is a away??

Yeah it's away.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2967 on: December 08, 2006, 09:02:35 PM »

Yeah it's away.
aiight coo

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2968 on: December 08, 2006, 10:03:17 PM »
and we won fin 106 to 95 8)

L'UP 8)

13 TO 6

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2969 on: December 08, 2006, 10:08:57 PM »
Lakers Recap!!!
Luke Walton scored a career-high 25 points, Lamar Odom had a career-best 15 assists, and the Los Angeles Lakers muddled through without the injured Kobe Bryant to beat the Atlanta Hawks 106-95 on Friday night.

Bryant sat out with a sprained right ankle. Last season's scoring champion was hurt in Monday night's win over Indiana, when he grabbed an offensive rebound and missed an off-balance shot before landing on the right foot of Pacers center Jeff Foster. Bryant played 37 minutes Wednesday but couldn't go Friday.

It was the third game Bryant has missed. He sat out the season's first two games against Phoenix and Golden State because of a sore right knee that underwent arthroscopic surgery in mid-July, and Los Angeles won both. The Lakers shot 56 percent from the field against Atlanta, improving to 7-0 when shooting at least 50 percent.

The Lakers did not announce that Bryant was officially scratched, but he was not on the bench. Maurice Evans started at shooting guard in Bryant's place and scored a career-high 22 points in 40 minutes. It was Evans' 14th start in three-plus NBA seasons and second with the Lakers -- his fourth team in four years.

Joe Johnson scored 30 points for the Hawks, who welcomed Speedy Claxton, Josh Childress and Marvin Williams back to the lineup from injuries and got center Zaza Pachulia back from a one-game suspension. Pachulia sat out Wednesday's victory at Denver after the league punished him for elbowing Seattle's Johan Petro in the neck during Tuesday night's loss.

Claxton had missed two games because of sore knees and Josh Childress 10 in a row with a sore left foot. Marvin Williams made his season debut after missing the first 17 games due to a broken bone in his left hand. Williams was the first player off the Hawks' bench and finished with nine points in 26 minutes.