Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287317 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2970 on: December 09, 2006, 01:01:38 AM »
Luke Walton went 10-of-13 from the field on his way to a career-high 25 points on Friday to lead Los Angeles to a 106-95 home victory over Atlanta. Maurice Evans also scored a career-high 22 points as the Lakers shot a blazing 55 percent from the field. Jordan Farmar posted a season-best 15 points and Kwame Brown dished out a career-high seven assists, while tallying 13 points and seven rebounds as five Los Angeles players reached double figures.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2971 on: December 09, 2006, 09:52:11 AM »

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2972 on: December 09, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »
Kobe told Phil Jackson he wasn't going to play in Friday's game 20 minutes before tipoff. And KB's teammates stepped up in his absence, with four Lakers posting career highs in L.A.'s 106-95 victory over Atlanta.

Luke Walton knew he had emerge as a leader with Kobe out, and posted a career-best 25 points. Mo Evans, who started in Bryant's place, scored 22 points, also a career high. Throw in Jordan Farmar's 15 points and Kwame Brown's seven assists, and you see how several Lakers picked up the slack to help get the win.

And Lamar Odom, who was battling a head cold, assumed the role of initiator on offense and crashed the glass hard, swiping 15 rebounds.

Los Angeles wraps up its home stretch of game Sunday with a battle against the Southwest Conference leading San Antonio Spurs.

thanks to kb24.com!

------------------------------------------

with that said Phil Jackson do the fans a favor and put Jordan Farmar as the starting Pointguard

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2973 on: December 09, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »
check out my text under my avatar  ;D ......Farmar is the fuckin man....*2nd quarter right now*

Great support for "your team"... ::)

rik

« Reply #2974 on: December 09, 2006, 01:02:34 PM »
here we go again...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2975 on: December 09, 2006, 01:27:13 PM »
^^Do you agree with him? Do you think someone can have an avatar that says "get rid of Smush!!!" and still be considered a good Laker fan? I don't. I think that's pussy shit and if you don't have something positive or constructive to say about your own team, then you shouldn't say shit...Do you think Brian Shaw addresses the media and says "I think Smush sucks, we should get rid of him"...Or would he say something more along the lines of "Smush needs to pick up his play and start performing at the level he did last season"...If you picked the second one, you're correct. Why? Because Brian Shaw wouldn't shit on his team/players, just like no fan should...I guess only I have this mentality though, I hate A LOT of people who consider themselves "fans", but are only down with the team/players when theyre hot or on a winning streak...PeACe

rik

« Reply #2976 on: December 09, 2006, 01:37:09 PM »
I don't agree that we should get rid of Smush. However a fan is entitled to his/her oppinion. After all he's a Laker fan not a Smush Parker fan, and he's saying this cus he thinks this would help out the team which he is a fan of. I know Smush is a part of the Laker but that's all he is a part of the team not the whole team. As for your example, of course Shaw isn't going to say something like that because he's on the pay roll. He's a coach first and then a fan.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2977 on: December 09, 2006, 01:43:49 PM »
I don't agree that we should get rid of Smush. However a fan is entitled to his/her oppinion. After all he's a Laker fan not a Smush Parker fan, and he's saying this cus he thinks this would help out the team which he is a fan of. I know Smush is a part of the Laker but that's all he is a part of the team not the whole team. As for your example, of course Shaw isn't going to say something like that because he's on the pay roll. He's a coach first and then a fan.

But even if he retired from the Lakers and was giving his perspective without being on the payroll, he wouldn't say that out of respect for the team/players...LOL@"he's not the whole team"...So what, he's PART of the team, we don't diss our players, the players make the team...That's just my opinion though, I have no problem with people giving their honest opinion, but there's a difference between "I think he can improve and if he doesn't, we should look to move him" and "he's garbage!!! trade Smush!"...And then when Smush is on a hot streak or something, watch who will be the first licking his nuts...You know what I'm saying? Well, you probably don't, but it's just my mentality...PeACe

rik

« Reply #2978 on: December 09, 2006, 02:01:31 PM »

But even if he retired from the Lakers and was giving his perspective without being on the payroll, he wouldn't say that out of respect for the team/players...LOL@"he's not the whole team"...So what, he's PART of the team, we don't diss our players, the players make the team...That's just my opinion though, I have no problem with people giving their honest opinion, but there's a difference between "I think he can improve and if he doesn't, we should look to move him" and "he's garbage!!! trade Smush!"...And then when Smush is on a hot streak or something, watch who will be the first licking his nuts...You know what I'm saying? Well, you probably don't, but it's just my mentality...PeACe

So according to you a fan could say someone should get traded or they suck as long as they're polite about it? What's the difference? You're still saying the same thing. Of course no ex player of is gonna go on TV and straight out say someone sucks. It's not professional.

So you're goin to tell me there has never been a player on the Lakers that you haven't liked or talked shit about cus they flat out suck? I'm not saying Smush sucks, like I said before I don't agree with LakeAd. But c'mon bro calling someone because they don't like a player?

The only one you called out as a fake fan and I agreed with you is Baby G. I have yet to read anything LakeAd has said that leads me to believe he's not a real fan. Then again who the hell am I to determine who's a real fan or not. At the end of the day I know I'm a Diehard Laker fan, and that's all the matters right?

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2979 on: December 09, 2006, 04:18:52 PM »
New Rule: Stupid Opinions don't count.

PS. Does anyone have highlights for last nights game?

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2980 on: December 09, 2006, 04:25:36 PM »
Highlight Mix: Hawks @ Lakers - 12/8/06

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xvs436

Song: A Tribe Called Quest - Lyrics To Go (Remix)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2981 on: December 09, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »

So according to you a fan could say someone should get traded or they suck as long as they're polite about it? What's the difference? You're still saying the same thing. Of course no ex player of is gonna go on TV and straight out say someone sucks. It's not professional.

So you're goin to tell me there has never been a player on the Lakers that you haven't liked or talked shit about cus they flat out suck? I'm not saying Smush sucks, like I said before I don't agree with LakeAd. But c'mon bro calling someone because they don't like a player?

The only one you called out as a fake fan and I agreed with you is Baby G. I have yet to read anything LakeAd has said that leads me to believe he's not a real fan. Then again who the hell am I to determine who's a real fan or not. At the end of the day I know I'm a Diehard Laker fan, and that's all the matters right?

Wow, you're completely missing the point. Laker fans should not bash and trash Lakers, period. You don't have to agree with that, but that's a legit mind-state to have for a fan who's been down since birth like me...I feel like every player who is contributing to the team (or at least attempts to contribute) deserves their credit in one way or another, unless they are purposely trying to bring down the Laker organization, that's when they deserve the hate. And it's not about being polite, again, you're missing the principle... it's about respect, you can think a player sucks, but you don't have to TRASH HIM on a public message board where lots of Laker haters already post, and if you do decide to crticize a player and demand that he gets traded, I don't wanna see you riding his nuts when he's playing good...Two things you should have for your team is faith and respect. I have faith that Radman will be in top form by March. I have faith that Smush will play like he did when he put up those frequent 20+ point games again at some point. I have faith that Bynum & Kwame will continue growing under Kareem etc. etc...It's what it's about, man, you can't claim to be a fan and sound like every other hater out there. All I've seen from this Lakers Advocate guy is him trashing almost EVERY SINGLE PLAYER when they're not playing at their best...Now, I'm not even saying he's not a real fan, I'm just saying he's not a good fan...You don't have to agree with that, but I think the Lakers would have the best fans in the world if everyone thought like me and wasn't so quick to resort to shit-talking...It was Odom last year. Then Kwame. Luke, also, of course. And now Smush...And that's just heading the list of players I've seen trashed constantly in the past by Laker fans...I guess we just have two different mentalities of what being a good fan means though...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2982 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:05 PM »
Laker fans should not bash and trash Lakers, period. You don't have to agree with that, but that's a legit mind-state to have for a fan who's been down since birth like me...

wow that's stupid. if a player sucks - he sucks. reguardless of what uniform he's wearing.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2983 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:29 PM »
Bad news for Vlad...

"Forward Vladimir Radmanovic stumbled during a walk-through at Saturday's practice and sprained his right ankle. He pounded a nearby door in disgust before hobbling off the court. He is listed as day to day.

"We were just running a dry run," Jackson said. "I think he hit the paint part of the lane and sprained his ankle. It was just one of those things.
"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2984 on: December 09, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »
Laker fans should not bash and trash Lakers, period. You don't have to agree with that, but that's a legit mind-state to have for a fan who's been down since birth like me...

wow that's stupid. if a player sucks - he sucks. reguardless of what uniform he's wearing.

You can't be in the NBA if you suck, especially not on a franchise like the Lakers...Every player has an area they excel in, and if they're not performing strong at the moment in that area, it doesn't mean they "suck"...Lets take Sasha for example. I think he's playing really shitty at the moment, but to me that doesn't mean he "sucks", cuz I know he's proven that he can shoot, he can hit big shots, he can get under the opponents skin on defense, and that's the stuff he specializes in...I can go on about this all day, but it basically comes down to not TRASHING your own players. Any one who identifies with the Laker organization SHOULD have that mind-state in my opinion, and from what I've seen out of ex-Lakers, former coaches, Laker icons etc., we do...I mean, come on, we AREN'T the Knicks over here, you know what I mean?