Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286993 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #2985 on: December 09, 2006, 10:35:38 PM »
Laker fans should not bash and trash Lakers, period. You don't have to agree with that, but that's a legit mind-state to have for a fan who's been down since birth like me...

wow that's stupid. if a player sucks - he sucks. reguardless of what uniform he's wearing.

You can't be in the NBA if you suck, especially not on a franchise like the Lakers...Every player has an area they excel in, and if they're not performing strong at the moment in that area, it doesn't mean they "suck"...Lets take Sasha for example. I think he's playing really shitty at the moment, but to me that doesn't mean he "sucks", cuz I know he's proven that he can shoot, he can hit big shots, he can get under the opponents skin on defense, and that's the stuff he specializes in...I can go on about this all day, but it basically comes down to not TRASHING your own players. Any one who identifies with the Laker organization SHOULD have that mind-state in my opinion, and from what I've seen out of ex-Lakers, former coaches, Laker icons etc., we do...I mean, come on, we AREN'T the Knicks over here, you know what I mean?

Okay I actually see what you're saying for once. But let me ask you this...if we have a group of players who are only good for certain things, why not go out and find 1 player who can do multiple things? Sasha is a great defender + decent shooter and Parker is probably the best in the league at snatching a ball out of someones hand without fouling them. But neither of them show consistantcy. If we can find someone who does both, why not go for it? It's not trashing a player, it's upgrading the team to become a legit championship contender (which at this moment, we are NOT).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2986 on: December 10, 2006, 01:02:39 AM »
Laker fans should not bash and trash Lakers, period. You don't have to agree with that, but that's a legit mind-state to have for a fan who's been down since birth like me...

wow that's stupid. if a player sucks - he sucks. reguardless of what uniform he's wearing.

You can't be in the NBA if you suck, especially not on a franchise like the Lakers...Every player has an area they excel in, and if they're not performing strong at the moment in that area, it doesn't mean they "suck"...Lets take Sasha for example. I think he's playing really shitty at the moment, but to me that doesn't mean he "sucks", cuz I know he's proven that he can shoot, he can hit big shots, he can get under the opponents skin on defense, and that's the stuff he specializes in...I can go on about this all day, but it basically comes down to not TRASHING your own players. Any one who identifies with the Laker organization SHOULD have that mind-state in my opinion, and from what I've seen out of ex-Lakers, former coaches, Laker icons etc., we do...I mean, come on, we AREN'T the Knicks over here, you know what I mean?

Okay I actually see what you're saying for once. But let me ask you this...if we have a group of players who are only good for certain things, why not go out and find 1 player who can do multiple things? Sasha is a great defender + decent shooter and Parker is probably the best in the league at snatching a ball out of someones hand without fouling them. But neither of them show consistantcy. If we can find someone who does both, why not go for it? It's not trashing a player, it's upgrading the team to become a legit championship contender (which at this moment, we are NOT).

Because players like that are very rare + expensive...This is why we have salary caps in the NBA. I think the pieces we're currently working with are not just fine, but GREAT. We don't need to replace Smush or Sasha, we already have an excellent young point guard prospect in Jordan Farmar, a 19 year old center with potential through the roof, an energizing power forward with a true will to excel and skill to go along with it...Not only do we have a future lined up for us, we ARE contenders RIGHT NOW... if we were currently a team in the East we'd have the best record in the NBA, despite our petty losses to New Orleans and Milwaukee, which we shoulda won. Do you even watch the games? I do, and I'm telling you now, I believe we'll be close to unstoppable come March...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2987 on: December 10, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »
Halftime Lakers down by 2

rik

« Reply #2988 on: December 10, 2006, 08:21:58 PM »
Can Kobe get a fuckin call? There's so many times he should be goin to the line for the and 1. :grumpy:

rik

« Reply #2989 on: December 10, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »
Lamar needs a rebound and two assist for a triple double.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2990 on: December 10, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »
I wish I lived in southern cali. I've only been able to watch one game since the season started, which was the 2nd game against Utah.

rik

« Reply #2991 on: December 10, 2006, 08:58:28 PM »
^ where do you stay?

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2992 on: December 10, 2006, 08:58:39 PM »
yeaaaaaaaaa beat the fuckin spurs fin 106 TO 99

14~6 L'UP 8)

rik

« Reply #2993 on: December 10, 2006, 09:00:47 PM »
Great game, great win. Everyone played great. This should eliminate some of the doubt people have. Seems like Lamar is flirting with a triple double. 14-6 baby!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2994 on: December 10, 2006, 09:01:06 PM »
Can Kobe get a fuckin call? There's so many times he should be goin to the line for the and 1. :grumpy:

what else is new?

great all around game for the whole team. less turnovers & we made our free-throws.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2995 on: December 10, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »
huge win for LA

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2996 on: December 10, 2006, 09:18:41 PM »
that game was great and i loved how everybody from the Lakers played tonight.Kwame was very strong tonight snatching them boards late in the game and dunking it.Luke was very aggressive tonight and i hope he can play like that for the rest of the season.Odom played awsome again (as usual) and he deserves to be in the All Star game.Kobe is Kobe.Smush didnt really do much this game but i liked how he played D.Farmer play good in that 3rd quater as did Bynum.The Lakers as a team were on point tonight. 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #2997 on: December 10, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »
L'UP 8)

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 09:41:31 PM by Mr. Nice Guy »

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.