Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286817 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3030 on: December 12, 2006, 08:08:41 PM »
man they having scare they was catchin up..but we won baby 8) 102 to 94 yeaaaaaaaaa L'UP i dont have tell yall'yall know was up 8)

hope is nothin serious about Lamar...

wcsoldier

« Reply #3031 on: December 12, 2006, 09:10:18 PM »
HOUSTON -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom sprained his right knee in the first quarter of Tuesday's game against the Houston Rockets and Coach Phil Jackson said he might be out for more than a month.

The 6-foot-10 Odom, the Lakers' leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, landed awkwardly after Shane Battier blocked his shot on a drive. Odom stayed in the game for another 90 seconds, but the Lakers called a time out so Odom could come out with 8:31 left.

"I don't know exactly when it happened," Odom said. "But I felt like something was really wrong. I have no idea how long it'll be. I've never had anything like this."

Odom was taken to a hospital for an MRI. The Lakers said Odom suffered a moderate MCL sprain and was flying back to Los Angeles for more tests on Wednesday.

"He's going to miss some time," Jackson said. "I'll be really happy if he plays again in January."

Odom had started all 20 games for the Lakers and is averaging 18 points and nine rebounds per game.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3032 on: December 13, 2006, 05:23:03 AM »
Hell of a fucking game.  The Houston bench showed up big time but it was too little too late.  Fucking Padgett!  Make your free throws!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3033 on: December 13, 2006, 10:20:38 AM »
Will the Suns ever lose a fucking game? They are right on the Lakers' tales in the Pacific. :-\

Doggystylin

« Reply #3034 on: December 13, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »
The Suns just have a really powder puff schedule right now, they'll get handed their losses as the season goes on.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3035 on: December 13, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »
The Suns just have a really powder puff schedule right now, they'll get handed their losses as the season goes on.
exactly , the Suns have just won 2 games agains teams which are above 50% of wins (Orlando and Houston)....

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3036 on: December 13, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3037 on: December 13, 2006, 08:49:40 PM »
lol wut the hell is wrong with these refs and luke walton? theyre just lettin the mavs foul him freely. and now kobe gets a technical for arguin on luke's behalf

this is a close game so far, 83-87 mavs' lead with 9 minutes left

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3038 on: December 13, 2006, 09:35:25 PM »
Damn that was a close game. I think if Odom was in we would've got the W. Great game by both teams either.

Kobe had another great game: 33 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assist, 2 steals, 1 block. Shot 50%
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #3039 on: December 13, 2006, 11:33:13 PM »
Well, I want my team to win, but it was a good game... stayin in the game til the 4th on a 2nd game of a back to back against a team like Dallas, that's good signs..

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #3040 on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:53 AM »
Good game even though Lakers couldn't finish the Mavs off...I'm sure that with L.O. in there they could've won but they still played good without him...I hope he comes back in Jan... 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3041 on: December 14, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
LOL. Mavs play it like it's game 7 of the finals...I can't wait until the playoffs.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3042 on: December 14, 2006, 11:07:39 AM »
^^^^ Well, I don't want to be too confident, but seriously with Odom back, Kobe probably at 100% and the team in full effect by March, I think we'll be near unstoppable

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3043 on: December 14, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »
Last night's game, you can really see how important Odom is to this team. Kobe's our best player but Odom has been our MVP. We had zero rebounding last night and Odom is the only one that can guard Dirk due to his length and foot speed. Despite shaky play on both ends of the floor, we were almost in it, until the Lakers went on another jump shooting binge at the end of the fourth and forgot the inside game. If we had focused on the inside game more, we probably could have won this game.

Am I the only one frustrated with Sasha? He has given us nothing. He can't shoot, dribble, pass, make layups, nor guard anyone. He has been completely useless this season so far. When he goes in I just cringe. Was Sasha always this bad? Did anyone ever see him play in Europe? What's going on with him?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3044 on: December 14, 2006, 11:28:18 AM »

Am I the only one frustrated with Sasha? He has given us nothing. He can't shoot, dribble, pass, make layups, nor guard anyone. He has been completely useless this season so far. When he goes in I just cringe. Was Sasha always this bad? Did anyone ever see him play in Europe? What's going on with him?

I agree...He's playing REALLY shitty right now. But he must have SOMETHING in his bag. we didn't sign him to a contract extension this summer because we had extra roster spots or extra cash, you know? I think he simply has no confidence, especially with Farmar and Smush playing ahead of him...It's like he feels as if he's playing for his life every game...I saw him in the pre-season, and he looked really solid, nothing like what he's shown us this past month or so. Who knows if he'll ever step out of it, maybe it's just in his personality to be so shakey, but I know he isn't nearly as terrible as he's been playing...PeACe