Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288295 times)

rik

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3045 on: December 14, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
Last night's game, you can really see how important Odom is to this team. Kobe's our best player but Odom has been our MVP. We had zero rebounding last night and Odom is the only one that can guard Dirk due to his length and foot speed. Despite shaky play on both ends of the floor, we were almost in it, until the Lakers went on another jump shooting binge at the end of the fourth and forgot the inside game. If we had focused on the inside game more, we probably could have won this game.

Am I the only one frustrated with Sasha? He has given us nothing. He can't shoot, dribble, pass, make layups, nor guard anyone. He has been completely useless this season so far. When he goes in I just cringe. Was Sasha always this bad? Did anyone ever see him play in Europe? What's going on with him?

Trust me you are not the only frustrated with Sasha. I've been saying this since earlier in the season.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3046 on: December 14, 2006, 11:36:02 AM »

Am I the only one frustrated with Sasha? He has given us nothing. He can't shoot, dribble, pass, make layups, nor guard anyone. He has been completely useless this season so far. When he goes in I just cringe. Was Sasha always this bad? Did anyone ever see him play in Europe? What's going on with him?

I agree...He's playing REALLY shitty right now. But he must have SOMETHING in his bag. we didn't sign him to a contract extension this summer because we had extra roster spots or extra cash, you know? I think he simply has no confidence, especially with Farmar and Smush playing ahead of him...It's like he feels as if he's playing for his life every game...I saw him in the pre-season, and he looked really solid, nothing like what he's shown us this past month or so. Who knows if he'll ever step out of it, maybe it's just in his personality to be so shakey, but I know he isn't nearly as terrible as he's been playing...PeACe

That's the thing. He did great in the preseason, he outplayed Evans IMO in the preseason, then the regular season starts and he goes back to being useless while Evans turns into a stud. I don't get it. Maybe he needs a shrink or something.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3047 on: December 14, 2006, 11:49:46 AM »

I agree...He's playing REALLY shitty right now. But he must have SOMETHING in his bag. we didn't sign him to a contract extension this summer because we had extra roster spots or extra cash, you know? I think he simply has no confidence, especially with Farmar and Smush playing ahead of him...It's like he feels as if he's playing for his life every game...I saw him in the pre-season, and he looked really solid, nothing like what he's shown us this past month or so. Who knows if he'll ever step out of it, maybe it's just in his personality to be so shakey, but I know he isn't nearly as terrible as he's been playing...PeACe

That's the thing. He did great in the preseason, he outplayed Evans IMO in the preseason, then the regular season starts and he goes back to being useless while Evans turns into a stud. I don't get it. Maybe he needs a shrink or something.

Yea, it's not his game that he needs to work in, it's a mental thing. He truly needs to lighten up more than any professional player I've ever seen... :-\

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3048 on: December 14, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »
The loss wasn't that bad....they could of folded, get the game over with and go home but they fought hard and came back from a 12 point deficit in the 3rd quarter & tied the game., plus we didn't have Lamar, 2nd night of a back to back and kobe and the starters had to play in the 4th quarter against the rockets b/c the bench couldn't hold on to the 21 point lead. >:(

The Mavs ain't shit...they better pray to god they don't play us in the playoffs b/c they will get shittid on  8)

Highlight Mix: Lakers @ Rockets - 12/12/06

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bidje4

http://files.filefront.com/CM12122006rar/;6355774;;/fileinfo.html

Song: Twista - Higher (feat. Ludacris)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3049 on: December 14, 2006, 10:42:52 PM »
AI to L.A. News

The Los Angeles Lakers wouldn't even generate a mention in the Allen Iverson Sweepstakes if Phil Jackson, when asked about it over the weekend, hadn't gently tossed them into the derby.

A few days later?

There's really no new evidence to suggest that the Lakers are in this, or that they want to be, but Jackson isn't exactly backtracking from his original disclosure that he "wouldn't outright say we have no interest."

Without revealing whether L.A. is still contemplating a serious play for the league's top scorer, Jackson did insist Wednesday night that he had little doubt Iverson and Kobe Bryant could flourish in the same backcourt, not just co-exist.

"When I was with New York, we had a really good basketball team, [but] the chance to pursue Earl Monroe came to the Knicks ... which would give us [Bill] Bradley, [Dave] DeBusschere, [Willis] Reed, [Walt] Frazier and [Earl] Monroe," Jackson said.

"The natural assumption is, 'How are you going to accommodate a guy who scores 26 points a game and takes that many shots?' [But] when I expressed concern to Bill Bradley, he said, 'Oh, we'll fit him in, he's a good team player.' And we did.

"I think Allen's of the age," Jackson continued, "where he's ready to do [something similar]."

Well, then.

What's stopping the Lakers from making a run at the 31-year-old who scores 31 a game?

Why couldn't they join the leaders of the Iverson chase in Denver ... and the clubs (Minnesota, Boston and Indiana) trying to hang in?

They'd almost certainly need the help of a third team to acquire AI, but there are worse pieces to start building a package with than Andrew Bynum and future draft considerations.

There is likewise no coach in creation who'd have a better chance of getting Iverson's best.

The answer? The Lakers really don't need The Answer.

This isn't December 2005, when the Lakers' situation looked desperate. When it looked like they had to jump at any risky trade possibility in search of a home run.

This also isn't Ron Artest, whose defensive gifts and multi-position potential -- provided Jackson would have harnessed it -- could fill in some of the holes around Bryant better than Iverson.

L.A. already has a dynamic scorer. The Lakers also have a good bit more hope than they had this time last year, when Artest was made available by Indiana, because the shared ability of Jackson and Bryant -- and Phil's system -- has taken them so far in a year's time.

You used to hear D-League jokes about Kobe's supporting cast. Now? The Lakers have been sufficiently united, organized and lifted by the Jackson-and-Bryant tag team that -- despite doomsday predictions from yours truly after a nightmarish training camp -- they'll stay competitive in the West until the right trade opportunity presents itself. One that brings a better point guard than Smush Parker ... or the outside shooting L.A. still needs to open up the floor for Bryant ... or maybe more dependable size.

I'd be surprised to hear that Bryant went to his bosses to lobby for an Iverson trade, like he did for Artest, but not only because he's waiting for something better or the likelihood that he's less-than-thrilled with the idea. It's also because he takes an almost fatherly pride in the development of this crew.

How proud?

Kobe never shows public concern, even when it's understandable or when he probably is fretting, but he went out of his way Wednesday night to sound unworried, happily engaging in Iverson hypotheticals despite the seriously bad news confirmed just hours before: Lamar Odom will miss at least a month, and much of it on the road, with a sprained knee.

(Kobe's pre-game calm, incidentally, didn't look out of place when the Lakers, on the second night of a Texas back-to-back and in their first full game without Odom, guarded almost no one and still managed to rattle the reigning Western Conference champs with some execution and poise after halftime in Dallas' unconvincing 110-101 triumph.)

"It'd be interesting," Kobe said of an Iverson-Bryant backcourt. "It'd be a lot of competitive juices flowing. I don't mind it. I'm sure you [media] guys would have fun with that.

"I can't see [the Lakers] entertaining that, but for your column's sake, let's entertain that."

Thanks, Mamba.

"I got you," he said. "I got you."

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3050 on: December 14, 2006, 11:03:10 PM »
^yeah the Lakers don't need A.I., we already have THE best scorer in the game. Iverson would be a great pick up for somebody like Boston or Indiana.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3051 on: December 15, 2006, 12:12:57 PM »
^yeah the Lakers don't need A.I., we already have THE best scorer in the game. Iverson would be a great pick up for somebody like Boston or Indiana.

It doesn't make sense for us to get him but I'm surprised the Clippers aren't trying to get him. They probably could get him for Livingston and Kaman. I would do it if I was the Clippers. For us to get him, we'd have to give up Odom, no way that happens.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3052 on: December 15, 2006, 12:29:41 PM »

It doesn't make sense for us to get him but I'm surprised the Clippers aren't trying to get him. They probably could get him for Livingston and Kaman. I would do it if I was the Clippers. For us to get him, we'd have to give up Odom, no way that happens.

I bet you anything we could get him without Odom, but I still wouldn't want to...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3053 on: December 15, 2006, 01:08:47 PM »

I heard they were talking about giving up Livingston & Maggette (who the coach hates anyway). But if I was them, I wouldn't do it unless I was sure that the move would win me a championship. Livingston is real talented and he's only like 21, not a good idea to give him up for someone exiting their prime.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3054 on: December 15, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »
GAME NIGHT AGAINST HOUSTON

The Lakers look for their fourth consecutive victory over Houston tonight, and while Los Angeles will be without Lamar Odom and his sprained knee, the Rockets will likely be without Tracy McGrady, who is suffering from back spasms.

Odom is doing everything he can to stay positive about his injury:

"It's a little frustrating right now," Odom said. "I've been through worse things. This is nothing. God took care of me because I could have torn it and been out for the season. For it just to be sprained is a blessing."

"We've still got the best player in the NBA out there," he added, referring to Kobe Bryant, "so every game in winnable."

As for McGrady, he missed his second game last night in Golden State (Rockets lost, 109-107) and is listed as 'doubtful' to play tonight..

broke back McGrady sit out.. don't play.. you don't wanna get torched .. ty

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3055 on: December 15, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3056 on: December 15, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
Wow this was the game of the season so far. Anybody still wanna say Kobe isn't the best or isn't a leader?

Fuck Kwame Brown for missin those 2 layups that could've got Kobe the triple-double!

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3057 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:52 PM »
fucking lakers almost gave me a heart attack.I loved the way the team played in the 2nd Half and in the 2 OT.They definently played pretty good Team D.I like how Smush played tonight and both him and Cook hitting crucial 3 pointers in the game.Fuck the ESPN announcers they really do hate the Lakers and Kobe.They just kept on saying  how many shots Kobe was putting up but yet they were all on Yao's nutts about how great he has been and yet he took 3 less shots than Kobe.I dont understand it why dog somebody for taking alot shots then praising someone else who has taken just about the same amount of shots?I thing for sure with Odom out for awhile Kobe will have to go in a tear until Odom gets back if the Lakers want to establish any Homefield for the playoffs.

I more thing this was the first time ive seen Yao play this year and damn that motherfucker has gotton alot better.I liked how he was aggresive and taking the late shots in the game for the Rockets.All he needs now is just stamina and a little more anger/Swager and he will really be dominant.

Go Lakers!!!!!!!!

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3058 on: December 16, 2006, 04:01:07 AM »
yeaaaaaaaa 16~7 8) L'UP

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3059 on: December 16, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »
Wow this was the game of the season so far. Anybody still wanna say Kobe isn't the best or isn't a leader?

Fuck Kwame Brown for missin those 2 layups that could've got Kobe the triple-double!

8)

I was at the game...Wow, the last quarter + 2 overtimes was something else!