Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287654 times)

rik

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3390 on: January 19, 2007, 09:47:37 AM »
^ LOL

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3391 on: January 19, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
Some good wins this week  ;D  ...Smush playing great, finnaly helping us win some games, Kobe dunking on muthafuckas, Turriaf hit a big shot on duncan  :o  .....I think Kwame and Lamar are coming back for that 8 game road trip. 8)

rik

« Reply #3392 on: January 19, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »
Any update on Lamar and Kwame?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3393 on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:40 AM »
Kwame's throwing cakes at people.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3394 on: January 19, 2007, 11:10:28 AM »
^^LOL. They're both capable of playing and should be back any game now. It's just a matter of not rushing 'em back too soon...PeACe

rik

« Reply #3395 on: January 19, 2007, 11:13:54 AM »

LMAO...You's a fool for that one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3396 on: January 19, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »
Brown/Odom could play Monday

By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
January 19, 2007

DALLAS — The Lakers get back some of their injured players next week, leading to one of those quandaries that can actually be labeled acceptable.

Who starts at center?

Kwame Brown is expected to return from a severely sprained ankle as early as Monday against Golden State, which could mean Andrew Bynum goes back to the bench.

It's not a bad problem to have, but you can't start them both.

One of the involved parties has an idea what will happen.

"Phil will probably put Kwame in," Bynum said in reference to Lakers Coach Phil Jackson.

Really?

"Can't do anything about it," Bynum said. "My time's going to come. I'm still going to go out there and play."

If Brown becomes the starter again, Bynum will have lost the starting spot for a second time this season.

He started the first 14 games of the season but was replaced by Brown because of declining play and a late appearance for a pre-game workout.

He re-claimed his job by default when Brown was injured Dec. 31 against Philadelphia. In nine games as the starter since then, Bynum has averaged 10.7 points and 8.2 rebounds. He had nine points and five rebounds Thursday against Dallas.

Even if he gets replaced in the lineup, he has learned something the last few weeks.

"I feel a lot better out there, more aggressive," he said. "I'm learning how to play pick-and-roll defense. The secret is to get out there quickly."

Forward Lamar Odom, out since Dec. 12 because of a sprained knee ligament, could also return next week.

----

Before Brown returns, he might be disciplined by the team for his role in an alleged after-hours cake caper.

He was accused of ruining a $190 chocolate cake belonging to a birthday celebrant who was holding it outside a Hermosa Beach club early Saturday morning.

Brown was leaving a club at about 2 a.m. after celebrating a different birthday — teammate Ronny Turiaf's — when he grabbed the cake from the accuser and flung it, hitting the accuser on the back, according to a police report. Brown then left in a limousine.

Jackson said he hadn't spoken to Brown yet, but reserved the right to penalize him.

"I think it was poor choices," Jackson said. "There's something there to be said, but I want to talk to him first before I really speak on the issue. That's obviously one of the aspects of being on a team, is bringing attention to your club in behavior. We'll have to discuss that."

In a lighter moment, Jackson joked it was "natural" that the cake slipped from Brown's fingers.

Brown will probably have to absorb a fine from the team but is not expected to miss any playing time because of the incident.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #3397 on: January 19, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
^LOL...I don't care what time they come back, as long as they're both close to 100% it's all good... 8)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3398 on: January 19, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »
Why would i want players that hurt my favorite team and disses our coaches?...And He's playing better and deserves his props, But he has to have a bunch of these tipe of games for us REAL Lakers fans to forget about him dissing Phil & Rambis.

LOL@"fans" who only root for their player/team when they're doing good. :stupid:

Fucking idiot...Only b/c I'm giving smush props for playing better doesn't mean i don't want him traded or for the Lakers not to resign him next season...he played like crap after that 5-1 road trip last season..played like shit in the playoffs...he didn't pick up a b-ball in the summer and couldn't find anywhere to play ::) he played like shit the 1st 2 months of the season (he just started playing better, hopefully he keeps it up)...He's inconsistent....do you know what inconsistent means , retard!? ....Maybe we should get PG's that could take us to the next level :idea: (Farmar & Sign another PG)

And he also disrespected Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis...Pouts when he gets bench...so yeah, smush hasn't exactly giving me a reason to be a big fan of his.

LOL@"fans" who only root for their team when they're doing good.

lol @ this little boy once again trying to discredit Lakers fans that don't agree with him...fucking loser..you need to grow up , kid.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:54:33 PM by Lakers Advocate »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3399 on: January 19, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »
Why would i want players that hurt my favorite team and disses our coaches?...And He's playing better and deserves his props, But he has to have a bunch of these tipe of games for us REAL Lakers fans to forget about him dissing Phil & Rambis.

LOL@"fans" who only root for their player/team when they're doing good. :stupid:

Fucking idiot...Only b/c I'm giving smush props for playing better doesn't mean i don't want him traded or for the Lakers not to resign him next season...he played like crap after that 5-1 road trip last season..played like shit in the playoffs...he didn't pick up a b-ball in the summer and couldn't find anywhere to play ::) he played like shit the 1st 2 months of the season (he just started playing better, hopefully he keeps it up)...He's inconsistent....do you know what inconsistent means , retard!? ....Maybe we should get PG's that could take us to the next level :idea: (Farmar & Sign another PG)

And he also disrespected Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis...Pouts when he gets bench...so yeah, smush hasn't exactly giving me a reason to be a big fan of his.

LOL@"fans" who only root for their team

lol @ this little boy once again trying to discredit Lakers fans that don't agree with him...fucking loser..you need to grow up , kid.

^You're an idiot, find me another point guard that can play on Smush's level for his price! Smush is one of our biggest steals ever. LMFAO@trade Smush...Moron.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3400 on: January 19, 2007, 04:15:10 PM »
i heard that odom coming next week 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3401 on: January 19, 2007, 04:15:47 PM »

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3402 on: January 19, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
About
81 points in a single game. 55 points in the second half. The highest NBA point total in history behind Wilt the Stilt. Kobe Bryant’s superhuman Sunday on January 22, 2006, was something to behold. “Tough to explain,” he would say afterwards. Now, one year later, it’s time to recognize. Time to respect. Time to understand not just how, but…

WHY81?

WHY81, presented by NikeBasketball, is both a contest and a celebration. There are many layers to unveil in order to truly appreciate what happened on that special night. Get the insider information on WHY81.com, and listen for tips and updates on Power 106 FM. The day before the anniversary game, on January 21st, your knowledge will be tested in a 4-hour scavenger event. The quickest 80 participants will be able to purchase a historic limited edition anniversary shoe, and many can get prizes, special gear and the chance to attend the exclusive WHY81 afterparty.

All proceeds from WHY81 will be donated to Kobe’s Vivo Foundation and the LA Lakers Youth Foundation. Check the WHY81.com postings and the Rules and Regulations for all event details and information. Good luck!

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3403 on: January 19, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »
That Dallas game sucked we couldnt get any Defensive Boards and Dallas just killed us.Lakers should make up for the lose tomorrow vs Hornets.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3404 on: January 20, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »
The Lakers look to get back in the win column as they travel to Oklahoma City to take on the Hornets. The Hornets won the season's only previous meeting earlier this year at STAPLES Center