Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287916 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3420 on: January 21, 2007, 12:49:18 AM »
Lakers Topped by Hornets
Los Angeles cut a 13-point third-quarter deficit to one, but couldn't overcome New Orleans/Oklahoma City in a 113-103 road decision on Friday. Kobe Bryant tallied 23 points, seven assists and six rebounds, while Maurice Evans added 23 points and seven rebounds off the bench.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3421 on: January 21, 2007, 01:00:36 AM »
FLASH: KWAME BROWN MAY RETURN AS SOON AS MONDAY and LAMAR ODOM AS SOON AS FRIDAY NEXT WEEK!

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3422 on: January 21, 2007, 03:11:15 AM »
next game

Mon,
Jan 22  Lakers vs. Golden State   
7:30 pm (TV: NBALP, FSN) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3423 on: January 21, 2007, 09:26:54 AM »
But teams like the Hornets get extremely jacked up when a team like the Lakers come to town, and everybody's giving 110%. 

So ture. It's funny cus me and my brother were talkin' about this earlier today before the game started.

Yeah, I don't know the exact figures, but the Hornets sold out a lot of games last year.  Because Oklahoma was lacking a pro sports franchise prior to the Hornets, the fans have been pretty crazed ever since they came to town.  So much so that there's lots of discussion that the Hornets may stay, and if they don't that the Sonics may move to town.  David Stern said it's likely to be the next expansion city if neither of those teams relocate there.

But anyway my point was that it can be a somewhat hostile environment which can really will the team to sometimes get wins that they normally wouldn't beat.  I wouldn't let that be too big of a letdown for you Laker fans.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3424 on: January 21, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
But teams like the Hornets get extremely jacked up when a team like the Lakers come to town, and everybody's giving 110%. 

So ture. It's funny cus me and my brother were talkin' about this earlier today before the game started.

Yeah, I don't know the exact figures, but the Hornets sold out a lot of games last year.  Because Oklahoma was lacking a pro sports franchise prior to the Hornets, the fans have been pretty crazed ever since they came to town.  So much so that there's lots of discussion that the Hornets may stay, and if they don't that the Sonics may move to town.  David Stern said it's likely to be the next expansion city if neither of those teams relocate there.

But anyway my point was that it can be a somewhat hostile environment which can really will the team to sometimes get wins that they normally wouldn't beat.  I wouldn't let that be too big of a letdown for you Laker fans.

It's already confirmed that they'll move back to New Orleans after this season...

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3425 on: January 21, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
Lakers Injury Report
Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what's up with the Lakers today: Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown have been ruled out of Monday's game against Golden State. The hope is they'll practice with the team all week and possibly return for Friday's game with Charlotte

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3426 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:51 PM »
Ronnie Turiaf has an afro  ;D  :rock:

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3427 on: January 22, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3428 on: January 22, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
The Lakers return home to STAPLES Center tonight to face Pacific Divison rival Golden State Warriors. The Lakers currently lead the season series 1-0 after defeating the Warriors 110-98 in Oakland. Today also marks the first anniversary of Kobe Bryant's 81-point game against the Toronto Raptors.

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3431 on: January 22, 2007, 10:26:57 PM »
L'UP

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3432 on: January 22, 2007, 10:27:15 PM »
Kobe, Lakers Celebrate Anniversary With Win
One year to the day after his 81-point game against the Toronto Raptors, Kobe Bryant scored 42 to help L.A. to a 108-103 home victory over the Warriors. Andrew Bynum was among the five Lakers to reach double figures with 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting and added a career-high 15 rebounds and four blocks.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #3433 on: January 22, 2007, 11:43:19 PM »
Good to see them get the W tonight... 8) Now we have to wait 'til Friday for their next game... :(

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3434 on: January 23, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »
Kobe was on fire tonight and it was cool for him to get the calls to go his way for a change.