Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287431 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3510 on: January 28, 2007, 10:52:56 PM »
how bout them Clippers?

LOL@this bitter Clipper fan coming in here to talk shit about the Lakers for an overtime loss to the Spurs without 2 of our starters...Pure comedy, huh?

That blatant foul Duncan comitted on Kobe which led to the Radman 3 woulda' been Duncan's 6th foul...Once again, terrible reffing on Kobe tonight. Not saying Lakers lost because of the reffing, free-throws had more to do with that, but the refs definitely weren't helping...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3511 on: January 28, 2007, 11:02:20 PM »
how bout them Clippers?

LOL@this bitter Clipper fan coming in here to talk shit about the Lakers for an overtime loss to the Spurs without 2 of our starters...Pure comedy, huh?

That blatant foul Duncan comitted on Kobe which led to the Radman 3 woulda' been Duncan's 6th foul...Once again, terrible reffing on Kobe tonight. Not saying Lakers lost because of the reffing, free-throws had more to do with that, but the refs definitely weren't helping...PeACe
we missed 13 free throws man.

ecrazy

« Reply #3512 on: January 28, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »
how bout them Clippers?

How the clippers are doing has nothing to do with this discussion, LMAO @ you guys trying to flip the script because you've been proven wrong...hahaha

rik

« Reply #3513 on: January 29, 2007, 09:49:48 AM »
^ Who's you guys? I was never in any discussion with you. I simply asked "how bout them Clippers". Since all you come in this thread for is to hate cus your wack ass team is showing it's true colors. So answer the question. You didn't want to talk about it when NIK made that thread a while back and you don't want to talk about it now. U mad doggy?

ecrazy

« Reply #3514 on: January 29, 2007, 10:34:52 AM »
^ Who's you guys? I was never in any discussion with you. I simply asked "how bout them Clippers". Since all you come in this thread for is to hate cus your wack ass team is showing it's true colors. So answer the question. You didn't want to talk about it when NIK made that thread a while back and you don't want to talk about it now. U mad doggy?
I am not hating, as laker fans, you guys should address all things Lakers right?
And as for the clippers, why dont you ask at the end of the season....your asking too prematurley, kinda like when your momma had you sorta, but then when you were still alive she realised it was too late for an abortion.

rik

« Reply #3515 on: January 29, 2007, 10:51:30 AM »
I am not hating, as laker fans, you guys should address all things Lakers right?
And as for the clippers, why dont you ask at the end of the season....your asking too prematurley, kinda like when your momma had you sorta, but then when you were still alive she realised it was too late for an abortion.

Aite put up your account. I bet you the Lakers make it further than the Clippers. Loser deletes his account.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3516 on: January 29, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
i think the Lakers and put alot of focus on this upcoming road trip and go 7-1.This fucking lose to the SPurs sucks but at least we dont fear them anymore if we met them in the playoffs.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3517 on: January 29, 2007, 12:33:19 PM »
That last part was uncalled for. :nawty:

rik

« Reply #3518 on: January 29, 2007, 01:13:27 PM »

Yeah man, this down syndrome looking muthafucka is childish. He's mad cus he got called out for being a hater and that his team sucks so he starts throwing insults. Go change your kotex hoe.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:34:53 PM by Rik »

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3519 on: January 29, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
Sunday's showdown with San Antonio was supposed to be a raucous going-away bash for the Lakers, and for much of the afternoon, it looked the part. L.A. was up by double digits in the fourth, closing in on an important win to take on the road with them for a grueling eight-game trip, its longest of the season.

Then the tide turned, the Spurs got hot, forced overtime, and eventually won on a late Michael Finley 3-pointer. So much for packing some positive momentum for the upcoming East Coast swing, but that doesn't change the fact that the Lakers are about to embark on their most vital stretch of the season starting Tuesday evening in New York. They're just taking a two-game losing streak as baggage, which includes a home loss to lowly Charlotte.

Contenders or pretenders? We're about to find out.

As February began last season, L.A. found itself exceeding most expectations, but lost four of five road games and immediately found itself floating around .500 and jockeying with the Kings and Hornets just to make the postseason. It wasn't until a late-March surge pulled them through that the Lakers could breathe easy, and they don't want that to be the case this time around.

Despite being unable to get all their significant parts on the floor together for any extended length of time, Phil Jackson has done a phenomenal job keeping the Lakers among the Western Conference's top six teams. They're within striking distance of home-court advantage for at least the first round of this season's playoffs, and this eight-game swing could validate them as worthy of being in the same breath as your Suns, Mavs and Spurs. The flip side is that a bad trip could push them down into a dog fight with teams like the Clippers and Nuggets to avoid a No. 7 or 8 seed and likely dates with Dallas and Phoenix when the playoffs start in late April.

Complicating matters, L.A. will be without small forward Luke Walton for at least the first few games of this trip with a badly sprained ankle. He's still on crutches, and was only able to walk for the first time on it Sunday. Kwame Brown, who has been out with an ankle sprain since Dec. 31, also hopes to rejoin the Lakers on this trip. Lamar Odom came back over the weekend, and has been very productive while shaking off the expected rust from missing over six weeks of action.

Until the Lakers' Humpty Dumpty project can get all its pieces back together again, it's up to Kobe Bryant to put the team on his back. He has been doing it most of the season, albeit in a different capacity than we're used to seeing. More of a facilitator now than he has been since Shaquille O'Neal left, Bryant still has it in him to score 40 every night, but no longer looks to do so. His teammates, at least those who have been healthy, have responded to the change, and Bryant is an MVP candidate as a result.

He has played the big brother role on this squad, taking turns coddling and admonishing his younger teammates, but he's about to undertake the heftiest challenge his Lakers will see all season. Only one other team in the league will play an eight-game road trip this season, and ironically, the Spurs started it by beating the Lakers on Sunday. L.A.'s trip will be exclusively against East squads and feature three back-to-backs.

What did Jackson do to anger the league schedule makers?

Not all of the East teams will be slouches, either. Indiana, Washington, Detroit and Cleveland are all over .500, and will be difficult places to come in and get a win considering they will be packed and hungry in anticipation of Bryant's only visit. At this point, if L.A. can get back home Feb. 13 with a 4-4 mark on this trek, call it mission accomplished.

"You look at the road, if you can be .500 on the road, you're really happy about it," Jackson said. "But we just can't be satisfied with that now. We have to go on a road trip with a kind of (attitude). Let's try to win six, let's try to push the limits of what we can do on this road trip."

If they can pull that off, the Lakers' outlook looks rosy, perhaps even solid enough where you can start musing about catching the Spurs for a top-four seed.

If they can't, then the Lakers just might find themselves in a familiar place: on the road come postseason, forced to butt heads with the larger Western Conference monsters.

Eddy Curry and Andrew Bynum have both unfairly had the "next Shaq" label placed on them due to their massive size and the fact both were teens when they entered the league. They've made steady progress this season and will square off when the Lakers visit the Knicks on Tuesday. Both have been playing extremely well of late, too. Curry is a long shot to make the Eastern Conference All-Star team, but just being mentioned as a candidate speaks of his progress. Bynum has logged double-doubles in the past three games, and played a career-high 44 minutes on Sunday. He averaged 11.7 points, 14 boards and three blocks last week.

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/9961527

ecrazy

« Reply #3520 on: January 29, 2007, 07:49:15 PM »
yeah, i felt bad when i typed it. i kinda felt like i was in a freestyle battle or something, spur of the moment thing (no pun intended) sorry rik, just came out.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3521 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »
we going win maybe bout 15 pts vs knicks 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3522 on: January 30, 2007, 10:45:39 AM »
I thought getting Odom back would solve our rebounding woes, I gues not...

We were murdered on the boards for another game.

We are losing games due to defensive rebounding.

The coaching staff needs to focus on rebounding drills for several hours for each player on this team including the common scenario of Bynum helping on guard penetration only for the other teams big man to get the putback rebound. If Bynum goes over to help, someone else needs to at least put a body on the other team's big man. Our bigs are not boxing out correctly, even on free throws. You are supposed to move towards the guy standing next to you on the free throw line and put a body on that person. Instead our bigs go straight for the ball. If the ball bounces long, guess what, another offensive rebound for the other team. If the other team's big men are athletic, it is even more crucial for us to do the fundamentals of boxing out. We are not doing that and that's the reason we're dropping winnable games.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3523 on: January 30, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »
^I also think you're forgetting about Kwame and Luke, 2 of our main rebounders...When we got muthafuckaz like Cook and Sasha out there instead, of course our rebounding is gunna go down. Bynum's been improving his rebounding as well, I believe we'll be a nice rebounding team once everyone is back at full strength...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3524 on: January 30, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
^I also think you're forgetting about Kwame and Luke, 2 of our main rebounders...When we got muthafuckaz like Cook and Sasha out there instead, of course our rebounding is gunna go down. Bynum's been improving his rebounding as well, I believe we'll be a nice rebounding team once everyone is back at full strength...

Kwame is better at bodying people up so getting him back will help, but it's a mindstate issue and a lack of fundamentals. What I'm seeing is fundamentals not being issued properly. The coaching staff needs to address this issue ASAP.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels