Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288189 times)

reguLAtor

• 'G'
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3690 on: February 13, 2007, 11:38:12 PM »
swangin and slut...shut ur mouth up all u can do talk ur lilttle shit yeah stay ur ass in Sacramento.
eat a dick up
u suck more dick then the lakers do faggot

Someone has got DICK on the mind.   The BrokeBack Mountain Appreciation forums are THAT WAY. :camp:

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3691 on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:54 AM »

Man you're really embarassing. Stop acting like a 9 years old kid and get the fuck out of "The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread" if you have nothing interesting to write about. You're not funny, you're not interesting to read. You're just making fun of yourself by making it official to the whole board you got nothing better to do in your life that ruine topics like a kid. Turn on the tv, kid. The Teletubbies are coming in a couple of minutes.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3692 on: February 14, 2007, 09:26:40 AM »
Our problem goes right back to a problem that's been hurting us all season, perimeter defense. Marbury, Francis and Crawford drove to the lane with inpunity. Let's break it down.

Smush coudn't keep a turtle in front of him last night. Defense is about effort and Smush gives effort on D once every 5 games or so. He needs to get it through his head that we need defensive effort first, offensive effort second. The talent is there but the effort isn't. I see him just watching instead of contesting a jumper. That shouldn't happen.

Sasha...he just doens't have the talent to make it in the NBA. He tries but he just doesn't have it, and his decision making skills on both O and D are awful. It's not his fault but he's just not an NBA level talent, that's all there is to it. You can tell by the dumb reach fouls he gets 30 feet from the basket. It's not hate, it's an observation of a season and a half of complete ineptitude.

Farmar...he tries but unlike Sasha he does have NBA level talent and he'll figure it out sooner or later. I wish Phil kept Farmar in the game in the 4th instead of subbing Smush back in. I thought Farmar did a better job of running the O then Smush. He's our PG for the future so let him get more playing time so his D gets up to speed.

Kobe...if he doesn't respect the person he's guarding, he doesn't even bother defensively. Stick T-Mac, Dwade, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, Arenas, Dirk or Vince Carter in front of him and Kobe will give them his full attention. If it's Crawford or that skinny white guy that plays for the Bobcats that burns us every time or any other player that doens't have a big name, Kobe doesn't even bother defensively. He got toasted last night on D and that shouldn't happen to an all NBA defender.

Mo Evans is the only Laker backcourt defender that gives effort every game, but he's in the frontcourt most of the time.

This causes Bynum and Turiaf to be in foul trouble all game. If Bynum is not on the court, than we can't take advantage of his lost post scoring ability. This all trickles down from the poor perimeter D. Also not having Kwame available forces us to double down low which then makes our defense even more exposed.

Right now it would be nice to have Kwame and Luke back as Kwame's D would help us tremendously and Lukes facilitating ability would help our offense run more smoothly but we won't have that for a while. The Lakers backcourt defenders need to go out there and play defense like their lives depended on it. On offense, Lamar Odom needs to post up instead of roaming the 3 point line and we need to make a more inside out effort instead of just jacking up 3's all game.

The solutions to the Lakers ending the losing streak:

1. Backcourt defenders play defense like it's game 7 of the finals
2. Run the offense instead of jacking up 3's
3. Lamar Odom become more assertive on offense and post up more
4. Give the ball to Bynum on the low block more, more inside out game
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #3693 on: February 14, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
^^^^ pretty good thoughts... when it comes to Smush D , he doesn't react well lateral wise on the opponent guard first step.. and he can't defend when the opponent PF or center sets a screen up in the top of the key... overall yep the perimeter D is not there... it's crazy how the opponents penetrate and go to the hoop so easy.. and when another player helps, the rotation isn't here and we are owned on the offensive boards... I'm worried A LOT about Defense... we're were a lot better in this sector last year.. of course offensive wise we are (with Luke) better too but we have to find a balance if we wanna make a run in the playoffs...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3694 on: February 14, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »
Smush coudn't keep a turtle in front of him last night. Defense is about effort and Smush gives effort on D once every 5 games or so. He needs to get it through his head that we need defensive effort first, offensive effort second. The talent is there but the effort isn't. I see him just watching instead of contesting a jumper. That shouldn't happen.

Sasha...he just doens't have the talent to make it in the NBA. He tries but he just doesn't have it, and his decision making skills on both O and D are awful. It's not his fault but he's just not an NBA level talent, that's all there is to it. You can tell by the dumb reach fouls he gets 30 feet from the basket. It's not hate, it's an observation of a season and a half of complete ineptitude.

I'm a big Sasha fan. He may not be the best player but his energy is always there and he makes a legit effort. Everytime he comes into the game he's right there on his man. I think with more playing time he could develop into a great role player. I'd take him over Smush on both ends.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #3695 on: February 14, 2007, 10:44:37 AM »
^^^^ Sasha over Smush offensive wise ? u kidding me right ?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3696 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »
^^^^ pretty good thoughts... when it comes to Smush D , he doesn't react well lateral wise on the opponent guard first step.. and he can't defend when the opponent PF or center sets a screen up in the top of the key... overall yep the perimeter D is not there... it's crazy how the opponents penetrate and go to the hoop so easy.. and when another player helps, the rotation isn't here and we are owned on the offensive boards... I'm worried A LOT about Defense... we're were a lot better in this sector last year.. of course offensive wise we are (with Luke) better too but we have to find a balance if we wanna make a run in the playoffs...

Also, there's no rotation on the pick and roll and when Bynum and Turiaf have to help out, no one picks up their man to box out and we give up offensive rebounds.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

wcsoldier

« Reply #3697 on: February 14, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
^^^ yeah.. anyway Defense is a huge problem.. the only Lakers efforts on D I was impressed by were the 3QT against SAS in the 1st meeting and the 3QT at Houston when we built a 25+ lead, other than that... well we need Kwame back and work on that with the full roster before a final judgement.. I just hope we'll be ready in time.. especially in April when I go to LA to attend games ;D  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3698 on: February 14, 2007, 11:17:05 AM »
We're playing with kids, man...They're still learning! Bynum, Turiaf, Jordan, Sasha...They're kids, and they're only getting the extra burn because of our injury problems. Mo Evans as well...What the hell is he doing jacking up a shot every single time he touches the ball? I like what Mo Evans brings, but for some reason, he thinks he's Kobe, especially when Kobe is out of the game...Someone tell that muthafucka to MOVE the ball!...But yea, our perimeter defense has been weak against the weaker teams especially, but I think it's a lack of effort, not a lack of skill...And the fact that Luke and Kwame are out got us playing with our heads down or something...I think we will only really start stepping it up again after all-star break. I guess that's how it is with a young team, especially a young, depleted team...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3699 on: February 14, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »
We can't keep using the "kids" excuse anymore. We're better than that and it's not just the kids that's not coming through, it's the veterans more so.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3700 on: February 14, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »
swangin and slut..get a life stop wasting ur time...i dont have time for fag like u.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3701 on: February 14, 2007, 04:19:16 PM »
2morrow games

Thu,
Feb 15  Lakers vs. Cleveland   
7:30 pm (TV: TNT) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 

man im sure we got this i might go to this games L'UP 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3702 on: February 14, 2007, 05:05:48 PM »
We can't keep using the "kids" excuse anymore. We're better than that and it's not just the kids that's not coming through, it's the veterans more so.

It's not an excuse... you think Bynum, Turiaf, Mo Evans, 50% of VladRad, and even Smush & Farmar would be getting this much burn if Luke and Kwame weren't out? They're huge difference-makers, man...You gotta keep that in mind.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3703 on: February 14, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »
L'UP :pimp:

wcsoldier

« Reply #3704 on: February 15, 2007, 12:48:38 AM »

It's not an excuse... you think Bynum, Turiaf, Mo Evans, 50% of VladRad, and even Smush & Farmar would be getting this much burn if Luke and Kwame weren't out? They're huge difference-makers, man...You gotta keep that in mind.
yep... thing is as a Lakers fan(s) I (we) start to be impatient... I know it's a long process and the most important moment is March-April but I just feel we are wasting opportunities and throwing away lots of games... regarless the injuries , I still think we should have EASILY 6-7 more wins and battle for the 3rd spot... that's why I'm a little pissed right now though I know we'll be back...