Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287770 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3795 on: February 20, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
Holy shit. Lakers getting Kidd without giving up Kwame, Odom, Walton, Bynum, Farmar, or Walton = biggest steal of the season. That's why you gotta love those 3+ team trades. It's a lot easier to get something for less.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3796 on: February 21, 2007, 04:28:08 AM »
If Lakers get Kidd for the likes of Cook and Mihm, I am going to call the league office. This should not be allowed to happen. It'd be obvious that the Lakers send whores to those other GMs.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3797 on: February 21, 2007, 07:00:54 AM »
Why in the fuck would they give up Magloire for Mihm? That's some retarded ish...

Both players have a contract expiring at the end of the season.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3798 on: February 21, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »
from what i know its going to be Portland-gets Mihm and Smush,Lakers-get Kidd and Collins,Nets get Magilor,Cook and 1 or 2 future 1st rd pics from Lakers.It doesnt matter how it goes down for LA as long as we dont lose Bynum,Kwame,Odom,and Farmar.

Are you saying we can get Kidd for basically Mihm, Smush and Cook? LOL. Let's do it.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3799 on: February 21, 2007, 07:04:41 AM »
If Lakers get Kidd for the likes of Cook and Mihm, I am going to call the league office. This should not be allowed to happen. It'd be obvious that the Lakers send whores to those other GMs.

:-*

wcsoldier

« Reply #3800 on: February 21, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
Phil said on the radio the trade won't go down  :'(.. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3801 on: February 21, 2007, 10:11:43 AM »

Lakers would have to give up Kwame just to come close to matching salaries...It's not gunna happen.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3802 on: February 21, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
Phil was "On the Herd" show on the radio said we have to win now and not waste Kobe prime... he doesn't think he can win the current roster and changes are necessary.. he sounds pissed of our current losing streak.... what y'all think ?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3803 on: February 21, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
Phil was "On the Herd" show on the radio said we have to win now and not waste Kobe prime... he doesn't think he can win the current roster and changes are necessary.. he sounds pissed of our current losing streak.... what y'all think ?

He's right.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3804 on: February 21, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »

He didn't say changes are "necessary", he said it would be nice to add another player due to all the injuries, especially after what happened to VladRad...

wcsoldier

« Reply #3805 on: February 21, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »
^^^ well things are our salary cap situation is  :-X.. wasting dough on Vlad didn't make things better.. all these injuries are too much.. hope we gonna bounce back ... if not this season would left a very bad taste...  Can't wait to be in the Staples in April, that's gonna be off the hook  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3806 on: February 21, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »
^^^ well things are our salary cap situation is  :-X.. wasting dough on Vlad didn't make things better.. all these injuries are too much.. hope we gonna bounce back ... if not this season would left a very bad taste...  Can't wait to be in the Staples in April, that's gonna be off the hook  8)

Don't trip man, we already went on our slump for this season...Things are uphill from here on out. 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3807 on: February 21, 2007, 01:29:27 PM »
Phil said what I've been saying all along - don't waiste Kobe's prime! He isn't an average everyday player, it'll be a shame if he doesn't win a championship in his best years.

Unless one side budges from their respective hard lines in the next day-plus, New Jersey won't be trading Jason Kidd to the Lakers.

The Nets, as you've surely heard by now, are holding out for 7-footer Andrew Bynum, who happens to have Jersey ties in addition to his prodigious potential.

The Lakers refuse to include Bynum -- as well as obvious untouchables Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom -- and thus can't offer the Nets much more than cap relief, future draft considerations and role players like Kwame Brown, Luke Walton or Jordan Farmar.

Who blinks? My sense is neither side will, at least not between now and the trade buzzer.

The Lakers aren't parting with Bynum, and the Nets, according to one insider, are well short of certain that parting with Kidd and/or free agent-to-be Vince Carter this week is the best course for their future.

They're still in the East, after all. Who says New Jersey can't try to sign and trade Carter in the summer or move Jefferson as part of a smaller shakeup that surrounds Kidd and injured center Nenad Krstic with a new supporting cast that keeps the Nets in the East elite?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources close to the situation say Kidd never asked Nets owner Bruce Ratner to trade him. But Kidd got excited, I'm told, when informed that the teams were talking and that a move to the Lakers was a possibility.

Kidd did not respond with the same excitement, sources say, when word leaked of possible interest from his hometown Golden State Warriors. He apparently isn't itching to leave Jersey unless it's clearly a more attractive situation.

It's likewise believed that the Nets will take Kidd's wishes into account to some degree after he chose to re-sign with them in the summer of 2003 despite strong interest from San Antonio.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3808 on: February 21, 2007, 03:58:59 PM »
right now sources close to the situation are saying Nets want Bynum the Lakers offered the Nets anyone but Bynum Kobe and Odom but the Nets turned it down and said No Bynum No Deal,

rik

« Reply #3809 on: February 21, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
^ Yeah man, I don't think that deal is goin down. We need to look at other options.