Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288173 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3840 on: February 22, 2007, 12:07:36 AM »
I think you guys really need to calm down and realize how depleted the team is right now...We're missing almost half of our key players and does anyone truly believe Odom is 100%? Ya'll have a worse short term memory than me, and I blaze daily. Lamar was ballin night in and night out up until his injury. Luke has BEEN a major part of our success at both ends, and Kwame was our most reliable big. And not to mention, the forgotten Chris Mihm. We know the guys we have can do it, we saw it for pretty much most of the first half of the season...Phil is the one who needs to wake these players up and make them realize that they need to play twice as hard with all these fuckin injuries...with all that said, we're still pretty much a lock for the playoffs, and everyone knows Phil Jackson teams step it up the most when preparing for the playoffs... I know this sucks ass, but just have patience...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3841 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:47 AM »
The chemistry is just fucked up with all these injuries. Plus it is that cruical time of the season where playoff position is fought for. Be optimitic NIK, but these are some bleak times.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3842 on: February 22, 2007, 12:38:56 AM »
I really feel like banging my head against the wall right now.

Go for it!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3843 on: February 22, 2007, 04:06:29 AM »
You're stuck with the 6th seed anyways.

How's the seeding system nowadays? Is Utah stuck with the 3rd seed as the leader of their division, or can they actually get worse?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #3844 on: February 22, 2007, 05:39:15 AM »
You're stuck with the 6th seed anyways.

How's the seeding system nowadays? Is Utah stuck with the 3rd seed as the leader of their division, or can they actually get worse?
  the top 3 teams are in order.. that means we should face SAS.. I like our chances if we re-start at full level... even if playoffs are different than regular season , we won 2 out of 3 against them and basically give em the game we lost...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3845 on: February 22, 2007, 06:11:04 AM »
So you think Houston will finish ahead of the Spurs? I doubt that... even though logically they should be better when Ming is back. But you never know how soon T-Mac's back will kill him again. Anyways, both teams will be hard to beat but possible.
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #3846 on: February 22, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
^^^^ 3 rd seed play against 6th.. so we'll face Spurs... Houston (4th or 5th) gonna play Utah..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3847 on: February 22, 2007, 06:20:43 AM »
3rd plays against 6th? So Utah ain't 3rd after all even though they lead the division or what.. oh boy that's hella confusing. Thank God Mavs just play 8th and be done with it.
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #3848 on: February 22, 2007, 06:25:58 AM »
3rd plays against 6th? So Utah ain't 3rd after all even though they lead the division or what.. oh boy that's hella confusing. Thank God Mavs just play 8th and be done with it.
sorry for my bad Xplanation... since the last year and the fact Mavs and Spurs faced each other in the 2nd round (whereas they had the 2 best records), NBA decided to change the rules.. that means the first 3 best records teams in each Conf will have the seed number 1, 2 and 3.... in the meantime a winner division team cant have a lower seed than the 4th..  so actually Utah is number 4 coz SAS has the 3rd best record in the Conf...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:27:51 AM by wcsoldier »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3849 on: February 22, 2007, 09:32:59 AM »
Chad Ford of ESPN spoke with Jason Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz, on Thursday morning and said that the New Jersey point guard will remain with the Nets.

:-*

wcsoldier

« Reply #3850 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »
^^^^ Moves needed to be made... apparently our organization didn't see it.. We have to win NOW , not in 10 years...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3851 on: February 22, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »
^ atleast Mitch tried this time. He went after both Kidd and Bibby. Not his fault at all this time.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3852 on: February 22, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »
^^^ Fact is I've been really patient through the years since the 04-05 season but it really starts to be too much, we're the Lakers and we're about championships... I wanna win now, not in 5-6 years when Kobe will be near out of his prime.. anyway we'll see if we can bounce back..

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3853 on: February 22, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
^^^ Fact is I've been really patient through the years since the 04-05 season but it really starts to be too much, we're the Lakers and we're about championships... I wanna win now, not in 5-6 years when Kobe will be near out of his prime.. anyway we'll see if we can bounce back..

exactly. i know everybody here is in love with our young players, which is understandable because they all show amazing promise. but we need the immediate help, kobe's prime is going to be wasted away if we just kick back and wait for everybody to develop.

instead of focusing on either a)trying to win a championship or b) rebuilding for the future, the lakers management has seemingly been half-assing both
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:14:44 AM by Halu Sination »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3854 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:31 AM »

I feel you on that.