Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287962 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3855 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:40 AM »
Kobe is turning 30 next year.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3856 on: February 22, 2007, 10:57:39 AM »
How about we let him turn 29 first?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #3857 on: February 22, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3858 on: February 22, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »
^^^^ Moves needed to be made... apparently our organization didn't see it.. We have to win NOW , not in 10 years...

Moves don't NEED to be made, man...Everyone if forgetting how we were playing with THESE PLAYERS before the injury plague. :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3859 on: February 22, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »
instead of focusing on either a)trying to win a championship or b) rebuilding for the future, the lakers management has seemingly been half-assing both

What are you talking about? The management has done a hell of a job acquiring players since the Shaq trade...

wcsoldier

« Reply #3860 on: February 22, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »
^^^^ Moves needed to be made... apparently our organization didn't see it.. We have to win NOW , not in 10 years...

Moves don't NEED to be made, man...Everyone if forgetting how we were playing with THESE PLAYERS before the injury plague. :grumpy:
I hope you're right.. I agree that injuries play a role in that slump.. but even with all these players out, we shouldn't lose HOME games against the Knicks and Blazers... by the way when the fuck is Luke coming back ?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3861 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »

I hope you're right.. I agree that injuries play a role in that slump.. but even with all these players out, we shouldn't lose HOME games against the Knicks and Blazers... by the way when the fuck is Luke coming back ?

Knicks and Blazers are both hot teams...Knicks are actually making a playoff push, and the Blazers record doesn't show how good they really are. Luke is day-to-day...Face it, Lakers are in a major slump and injuries have played a major part in that. Were a completely different team with Luke and Kwame on the floor than with Cook and Bynum. The slump obviously wont last, it's common sense...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3862 on: February 22, 2007, 06:36:32 PM »
Lakers.com hung around after practice to see what Kobe Bryant had to say about the team's recent 6 game losing streak, the trade deadline, and what the rest of the season holds for the Purple & Gold.

rik

« Reply #3863 on: February 22, 2007, 06:40:45 PM »
Lakers.com hung around after practice to see what Kobe Bryant had to say about the team's recent 6 game losing streak, the trade deadline, and what the rest of the season holds for the Purple & Gold.

and?

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3864 on: February 22, 2007, 07:13:43 PM »

and?
^^^here the full info
PRACTICE REPORT: 2/22/07
El Segundo, CA

Lakers.com hung around after practice to see what Kobe Bryant had to say about the recent 6 game losing streak, the trade deadline, and what the rest of the season holds for the Purple & Gold.

Lakers Guard Kobe Bryant
How disappointed are you that Jason Kidd wasn’t acquired in a trade?
“I think everybody was looking forward to Jason coming out here, obviously that would have been an amazing backcourt. But it didn’t happen so we just move on from there.”

Is that a bit of a letdown?
“Not really. That’s business. That’s just the business of the NBA. You do things to try to benefit your team, make your team better, sometimes you don’t.”

With that not happening it makes you have to dig out of that hole even more now?
“It is what it is. We gotta get our guys healthy, come back and be ready to play. We’ll be fine.”

How is the team reacting to the 6 game losing streak?
“Guys are obviously upset and disappointed about the way we’ve been playing. Which is a good thing. That’s something that you want to see. These guys care and are ready to fight for the way we should be playing.”

Has the team forgotten how to play defense?
“You just have to harden up a little bit. There’s a point in time in the season where teams get better, they improve. That’s what our competition has shown, that they’ve been able to get better and we haven’t been able to reach that level of play as of yet, but I’m sure we will.”

How much do you think it will help the team to just get a win at this point?
“We gotta work on our execution and improve in that department. Confidence wise we have to believe that we can finish these ball games. I don’t wanna see guys hanging their heads, thinking that we’re out of a situation. I hope to get one win under our belt and we’ll go from there.”

On the 6 game losing streak:
“It’s tough. It happens for a reason. We just gotta battle back out of it and become a better team. I don’t think anyone has wavered from the fact, at least I haven’t, that we can make some serious noise in the playoffs with the roster that we have. I don’t waver from that. This is a bump in the road that we’re gonna have to get through and when we get through it we’ll be a better ball club. ”

You said everything happens for a reason, what is the reason?
“It makes you tougher, it builds character. Either you’re gonna fold the tent and go home because of six damn loses in a row or you’re gonna man up and respond to the challenge and become a better ball club. I like to think we’ll do the latter.”

Do you really want to take your frustration out on Boston?
“It doesn’t matter who we’re playing against. We could be playing against a team like the Mavericks tomorrow. We gotta get a win, it doesn’t matter who we play. I believe that we can win, beat anybody. We just gotta go out tomorrow night and get on the right track.”

Do you need a more balanced attack to win?
“We need defense. It’s not offense. We score enough points, we need defense. We’re letting guys get too many easy opportunities, getting lay-ups, we can’t let that happen. Defensively is where we need to handle our business. That’s something that we talked about today, we came out here and worked on some things defensively. Tomorrow we should be ready to go.”

Is that a heart and desire and effort kind of thing?
“It’s execution. It’s execution like offense. It’s just execution. Understand how we’re gonna rotate, how we’re gonna trap guys, who we’re gonna trap, and how to rotate accordingly.”

On the Andrew Bynum trade rumors:
“Andrew is a phenomenal talent. I think anybody would be hard pressed to give him up. It’s a good thing that everybody wants him. That’s a player that we believe can be a star in this league.”

Is it just about being patient on the court?
“Naw, we’ll be alright. We’ve played like crap the last 6 games. So now it’s about getting better as a team and getting through this. Once you get through something like this, from my experience, once you pull through something like this as a unit you become a much more cohesive unit. ”

i believe everything kobe said is true...we going go hard 2morrow 8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:21:31 PM by LAKERS_FAN89 »

rik

« Reply #3865 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »
^ Props playa.

LAKERS_FAN89

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3867 on: February 22, 2007, 08:01:03 PM »
next games

Fri,
Feb 23  Lakers vs. Boston   
7:30 pm (TV: NBALP, FSN) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3868 on: February 22, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
Jason Kidd Disapointed
Jason Kidd. With the New Jersey Nets no longer a contender in the East – never mind a franchise with championship aspirations – Kidd was deeply disappointed, sources say, that president Rod Thorn didn't find a way to move him to the Los Angeles Lakers.

While publicly indifferent to a proposed trade out of Jersey, Kidd, who turns 34 next month, was privately eager to take a shot in Los Angeles with Kobe Bryant and Phil Jackson. Besides the injuries that have gutted Kidd's Nets, divorce proceedings with his wife Joumana have been playing out nastily in the New York tabloids. All in all, Kidd knows his trade value will never be higher than it was prior to the deadline and still Thorn couldn't find a suitable deal.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3869 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »
^ well there's always the offseason.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"