Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288063 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3870 on: February 22, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »
Hmmm...did the Nets back out of the deal because Wade is injured and they feel like they can go further in the playoffs?

Lakers' owner Jerry Buss stepped into the Jason Kidd talks by offering more money and the Los Angeles camp closed the night thinking that a deal was done.

In addition to several players, they were offering a number one pick this season and a future number one selection.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #3871 on: February 23, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »
Hmmm...did the Nets back out of the deal because Wade is injured and they feel like they can go further in the playoffs?

Lakers' owner Jerry Buss stepped into the Jason Kidd talks by offering more money and the Los Angeles camp closed the night thinking that a deal was done.

In addition to several players, they were offering a number one pick this season and a future number one selection.

I seen this on ESPN and they said that Thorn backed off in the "11th hour"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3872 on: February 23, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
^^^^ Moves needed to be made... apparently our organization didn't see it.. We have to win NOW , not in 10 years...

Moves don't NEED to be made, man...Everyone if forgetting how we were playing with THESE PLAYERS before the injury plague. :grumpy:
I hope you're right.. I agree that injuries play a role in that slump.. but even with all these players out, we shouldn't lose HOME games against the Knicks and Blazers... by the way when the fuck is Luke coming back ?

Well losing Kwame has basically gutted our interior defense. What I noticed last game was a lot of scrambling on defense, because as soon as Zach RAndolph gets the ball on the low block, he scores, so that forces a double, which then forces our defense to scramble and try to match up, which is hard to do. With Kwame in the line up, he can man up against the best centers and power forwards in the league, which helps our defense considerably because now we won't be forced to help as much and each defender can concentrate on their man.

Unfortunately getting Kwame back will not help our porous perimeter D. Smuch and Kobe both gamble way too much on steals and Sasha is just too slow to keep up with anyone. Farmar is too inexperienced. There were a couple of plays in which Smush gambled in the back court of all places which resulted in 5 on 4 and our defense panicking. Stop the gambles and that stops part of the problem. The other problem is lateral movement, which both Smush and Kobe are having problems with right now.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3873 on: February 23, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »

I seen this on ESPN and they said that Thorn backed off in the "11th hour"

I hope that son-of-a-bitch burns in hell!

wcsoldier

« Reply #3874 on: February 23, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
^^^^ Thorn is just a good GM... got Kidd for Marbury, Carter for a bunch of craps.. I'm a Laker 4 life but Mitch is just horrible (outside drafting Bynum)...

rik

« Reply #3875 on: February 23, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »
^ Don't forget Farmar.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3876 on: February 23, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »
^^  Yep Jordan too, Ronnie ... but when it comes to salary cap situation and the whole Shaq thing, without mentioning his inability to make trades to make us instant contenders, he could do WAY better.. once again we're the Lakers , not the Bobcats... We have the best coach in NBA history, the best player in NBA, the future looks good but as a  fan, I still want more, regarless the current slump...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3877 on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »
Mitch did well in the draft. But he failed a pair of trades, imo.
But hey, Isiah Thomas is also great with the draft. It doesn't make him a great GM.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3878 on: February 23, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »
I don't blame Mitch for us not getting Kidd/Bibby. He realized that we need a better PG and he went out and tried to get us one. The problem is he did business with two GMs that are bitches. Plus, I think the bad draft picks we made in the pass are catching up to us (ex: taking Von Wafer over Monta Ellis).

wcsoldier

« Reply #3879 on: February 23, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »
^^^ That  what I was saying, anyway what's his plan... we all know the 2008 plan was BS...

rik

« Reply #3880 on: February 23, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »
Yeah man no doubt that Mitch makes some dumb moves. I don't think you could blame him for not making a trade though. Like GangstaBoogy said the other GMs bitched out. To get Kidd they wanted us to give up Bynum and that was not happening. With that being said  I still wish Jerry West was still our GM.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3881 on: February 23, 2007, 11:34:01 AM »
I don't blame Mitch for us not getting Kidd/Bibby. He realized that we need a better PG and he went out and tried to get us one. The problem is he did business with two GMs that are bitches. Plus, I think the bad draft picks we made in the pass are catching up to us (ex: taking Von Wafer over Monta Ellis).
what was the point to add Bibby anyway.. ok he barely misses when he's open, very good in the clutch but he can't D and I don't see him fitting the triangle.. WE need D 1st then offensive wise we'll be better with Luke coming back but Andrew needs more touches.. he barely get the ball and we are shooting a 3pt contest... if I'm right the center plays a role in the passing game when it comes to the triangle.. in and out game is needed...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3882 on: February 23, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »
Yeah man no doubt that Mitch makes some dumb moves. I don't think you could blame him for not making a trade though. Like GangstaBoogy said the other GMs bitched out. To get Kidd they wanted us to give up Bynum and that was not happening. With that being said  I still wish Jerry West was still our GM.

That deal was unreal. They wanted Bynum + other players for Kidd lol. I would trade Bynum for the right deal but not for a 34 year old. Besides, the whole point of getting Kidd was for him to help bring out the best in Bynum/Odom.

wcsoldier

« Reply #3883 on: February 23, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
Andrew got a lot of pressure on his shoulders..  he has to become dominant.. I think he's able to make it skills wise but mentally wise I gotta say I got some doubts.. the other question is WHEN he's gonna be dominant...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:52:01 AM by wcsoldier »

rik

« Reply #3884 on: February 23, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »
Andrew got a lot of pressure on his shoulders..  he has to become dominant.. I think he's able to make it skills wise but mentally wise I gotta say I got some doubts.. the other question is WHEN he's gonna be dominant...

Don't forget he's only 19, he still has some maturing to do. I have no doubt that he's going to be the player that everyone thinks he's goin to be. But he has no more pressure than he had before.