Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288135 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3915 on: February 23, 2007, 10:06:51 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!

38 points, 2 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals - and the 4th quarter hasn't even started yet! thank God I just traded for Kobe yesterday  ;D

Who'd you trade for him?

Lebron. That bitch has been stinkin it up lately.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #3916 on: February 23, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
Vladimir Radmanvic admits lie to Lakers about injury

It turns out that Vladimir Radmanovic lied to the Lakers about how he got injured last week. The forward is out around eight weeks with a separated right shoulder.

He initially claimed to have slipped on some ice while walking with his hands in his pockets.

But Friday evening Radmanovic released the following statement via the Lakers:

“First of all I’d like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, Lakers management and Lakers fans for initially lying about the circumstances of the injury to my shoulder last weekend. I’d like to, however, come forward and set the record straight at this time. The truth is that I hurt myself in a fall while snowboarding. Being young and sometimes immature, I initially panicked and made up a false story about how I hurt myself. However, over the past few days my conscience has been bothering me terribly. I am not a dishonest person and could no longer live with this deception. Therefore, I came forward today and told the truth to the Lakers. It is just as important to me though, to be honest with Lakers fans and the public in general, therefore I am making this statement and apology. I can’t express enough how deeply sorry I am, not only for the activity that led to my injury, but also for the initial deception of my story. I hope for everyone’s understanding and forgiveness. I vow to work as hard as possible to rehabilitate my shoulder and rejoin my teammates as soon as possible and to help us become a team that Lakers fans can be proud of.”

InsideHoops.com right now is examining the possibility that this could give the Lakers the option of voiding his contract. If another media outlet beats us to the punch we'll quote their report on this page in the next few minutes
get rid of him.. his behaviour is inexcusable.. plus it'll make room salary cap wise..

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3917 on: February 23, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
Lakers Cruise Past Old Rivals
Kobe Bryant racked up 22 of his game-high 38 points in the first quarter and added nine assists to steer the Lakers past their familiar foes, the Celtics, 122-96 at STAPLES Center on Friday. Lamar Odom recorded eight points, eight rebounds and six assists for Los Angeles, which buried 12 triples. Andrew Bynum scored 16. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3918 on: February 24, 2007, 02:12:01 AM »
Phil just had a interview on Fox Sports West and said he gave the youngsters a chance the beginning of the season up to now ,but that now it's time to play the veterens and make that run for the playoffs.

Shammond was interviewed also and he said Phil said at practice that he and Mckie would be the 1st 2 guards off the bench from now on.

:o

wcsoldier

« Reply #3919 on: February 24, 2007, 03:12:27 AM »
^^^^ Shammond had a good game, hustle on D , run the offense in a good way.. I'd like to see him and/or Mckie when we need some defensive stops... Phil is right, it's playoffs time , no room for some dumb plays...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3920 on: February 24, 2007, 03:21:24 AM »
Shammond is a good player. I've seen him in Europe and he's a true leader, a veteran, he can pass the ball, he can shoot from 3pts, he can defend.
Aaron is a true veteran too, and people (incl. Kobe) actually have a lot of respect for him.
It sounds like a good move to me.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3921 on: February 24, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
It's about time we got a win, getting a decisive victory over a team we're supposed to beat.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3922 on: February 24, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
FINALLY!!!!!

38 points, 2 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 steals - and the 4th quarter hasn't even started yet! thank God I just traded for Kobe yesterday  ;D

Who'd you trade for him?

Lebron. That bitch has been stinkin it up lately.

LeBron has sucked all season for fantasy owners, why'd you draft him over Kobe to begin with?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3923 on: February 24, 2007, 12:12:41 PM »
If the Lakers can void Vlad Rad's contract, I say do it. He's been a huge disapointment this season for the money he is making, is contract is too long, and that's messed up the way he lied to the Laker organization. Plus I think the Lakers will be under the cap in the offseason if they did this.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3924 on: February 24, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »
BTW, Mich is definatly a good GM.

-Taking a risk on drafting Bynum at number 10.
-Drafting Farmar who was a steal in the draft and should have gone higher.
-Taking in a troubled player in Kwame Brown (another huge risk) and him turning him into a force in the paint.
-Resigning Kobe.
-Drafting Walton in the second round of the draft (huge steal).
-Picking up Smush and Turiaf from nowhere.

He ain't as good as the great Jerry West, but he is a great successor.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3925 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
2morrow games

Sun,
Feb 25  Lakers @ Golden State 
3:00 pm (TV: NBALP, KCAL) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #3926 on: February 24, 2007, 09:43:52 PM »
2morrow games

Sun,
Feb 25  Lakers @ Golden State 
3:00 pm (TV: NBALP, KCAL) (Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330) 
^Can't wait to see that one... 8)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3927 on: February 24, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »
Williams and McKie could get even more time today against Golden State because Smush Parker sustained a sprained left ankle in a non-contact drill Saturday and did not finish practice. It is not known whether he'll be able to play today.

Neither Luke Walton nor Kwame Brown will go on a quick two-game trip that ends Monday at Utah. Each is recovering from a sprained ankle, although Brown might be closer to returning.

"Kwame's moving better than Luke is right now," Jackson said. "He still has some problems when he gets weighted down, gets in the [defensive] brace position with a center on top of him."

The Lakers' next game after the trip is Friday against Sacramento, and one or both of them could return by then.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep25feb25,1,2844799.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

don't worry guys, this is actually good news!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3928 on: February 24, 2007, 10:38:43 PM »
Scottie Pippen, who helped Phil Jackson win six NBA titles in Chicago, said during the All-Star break that he wanted to come out of retirement, and Jackson says he will give him a look.
"I anticipate that I will talk to Scottie at some point," Jackson said. "We have to entertain the possibility because we're a little bit short at forward. And a guy with that kind of experience -- even with the rapport he has with this team having been at our training camp last year -- it makes sense."

wcsoldier

« Reply #3929 on: February 25, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »
Williams and McKie could get even more time today against Golden State because Smush Parker sustained a sprained left ankle in a non-contact drill Saturday and did not finish practice. It is not known whether he'll be able to play today.

Neither Luke Walton nor Kwame Brown will go on a quick two-game trip that ends Monday at Utah. Each is recovering from a sprained ankle, although Brown might be closer to returning.

"Kwame's moving better than Luke is right now," Jackson said. "He still has some problems when he gets weighted down, gets in the [defensive] brace position with a center on top of him."

The Lakers' next game after the trip is Friday against Sacramento, and one or both of them could return by then.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep25feb25,1,2844799.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

don't worry guys, this is actually good news!
that's DAMN good news.. didn't know Kwame was coming back that soon... thought til Mid-March