Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287725 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3945 on: February 25, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
L.A. Cruises Past Golden State
Maurice Evans racked up a career-high 26 points and Kobe Bryant added his own 26 as the Lakers won their seventh straight over the Warriors with Sunday's 102-85 triumph in Golden State. Andrew Bynum grabbed 10 rebounds for Los Angeles, which continues to play without the injured Kwame Brown (ankle), Luke Walton (ankle) and Vladimir Radmanovic (shoulder).

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3946 on: February 25, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »
The Los Angeles Lakers announced today that their originally scheduled March 18 contest versus Minnesota has been moved ahead from a 6:30 pm start time to a 5:00 pm start time (Pacific Daylight Time).

In a related move, ESPN will no longer broadcast the Lakers’ March 2 game versus Sacramento, which can still be seen on FSN West, but will instead televise the Lakers/Timberwolves game on March 18.

^ blahhh how gay. The Kings have had like 30 nationally televised games this season but this one gets pulled? Ahh well, atleast I get FSN.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3947 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
If the Lakers can void Vlad Rad's contract, I say do it. He's been a huge disapointment this season for the money he is making, is contract is too long, and that's messed up the way he lied to the Laker organization. Plus I think the Lakers will be under the cap in the offseason if they did this.

Not a good idea. Voiding Vlad's contract would make the Lakers look bad publicly and would make it harder to attract free agents. On top of that, the players union would be all over it. Now if Radman choked out Phil, that's a different story, as that would be a PR nightmare.

The Lakers should fine him and then look for a trade in the off season if possible.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3948 on: February 26, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »
The Lakers head north to visit their in-state rival the Golden State Warriors. Los Angeles has won both of their previous meetings with the Warriors this season.
You typically post such info BEFORE the game starts.
i know i post it anyways u got a problem with it?
Yes, in a matter of fact I do. >:(

>:(

;D

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3949 on: February 26, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »
If the Lakers can void Vlad Rad's contract, I say do it. He's been a huge disapointment this season for the money he is making, is contract is too long, and that's messed up the way he lied to the Laker organization. Plus I think the Lakers will be under the cap in the offseason if they did this.

Not a good idea. Voiding Vlad's contract would make the Lakers look bad publicly and would make it harder to attract free agents. On top of that, the players union would be all over it. Now if Radman choked out Phil, that's a different story, as that would be a PR nightmare.

The Lakers should fine him and then look for a trade in the off season if possible.
This is the Lakers. They'll never have a problem attracting free agents. Vlad is a big dissapointment, even if injuries are to blame. This is an oppurtunity for the Lakers to dump a long contract and save cap money. A contract is there and it's in black and white. There's nothing the PU can do about it. Being under the cap is worth any bad PR the Lakers get (espically if KG comes to the Lakers).

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3950 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25:40 PM »

This is the Lakers. They'll never have a problem attracting free agents. Vlad is a big dissapointment, even if injuries are to blame. This is an oppurtunity for the Lakers to dump a long contract and save cap money. A contract is there and it's in black and white. There's nothing the PU can do about it. Being under the cap is worth any bad PR the Lakers get (espically if KG comes to the Lakers).

I agree for the most part. Although, I am pretty impressed by some of the things I've seen from Vlad this season. He started driving to the whole instead of cranking up nothing but 3s, played some defense, and even blocked some shots.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3951 on: February 26, 2007, 04:42:13 PM »

I do agreee. Let's do it.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3952 on: February 26, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »
BTW, Mich is definatly a good GM.

-Taking a risk on drafting Bynum at number 10.
-Drafting Farmar who was a steal in the draft and should have gone higher.
-Taking in a troubled player in Kwame Brown (another huge risk) and him turning him into a force in the paint.
-Resigning Kobe.
-Drafting Walton in the second round of the draft (huge steal).
-Picking up Smush and Turiaf from nowhere.

He ain't as good as the great Jerry West, but he is a great successor.
You forgot about Evans. Good acquisition. And he signed Phil Jackson too. Yeah, he's a good GM. Everybody makes mistakes, but he's going pretty well.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3953 on: February 26, 2007, 05:07:23 PM »
off-topic :sshh:

hey antonio, are you now an arsenal fan cause juve is in serie b?  ;D ;D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3954 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:32 PM »
bad news laker fans. john ireland just reported that kobe aint feelin too good and should more than likely get less playing time today. hopefully this sparks a fire under odom so he can take over.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3955 on: February 26, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »
^ I was just going to be that. He has pharyngitis.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3956 on: February 26, 2007, 06:57:57 PM »
The Lakers head north to visit their in-state rival the Golden State Warriors. Los Angeles has won both of their previous meetings with the Warriors this season.
You typically post such info BEFORE the game starts.
i know i post it anyways u got a problem with it?
Yes, in a matter of fact I do. >:(

;D
have a propz,nephew 8)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3957 on: February 26, 2007, 07:17:11 PM »
anyone watching the lakers game vs Utah right now?i never thought the Refs would go on Kobe side but they have tonight.They are giving him every call you can think of.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3958 on: February 26, 2007, 07:17:24 PM »
Dwyane Bryant!

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3959 on: February 26, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »
jesus, these refs (joe crawford in particular) are fuckin trigger happy, they been calling technicals left and right this entire game