Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286964 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3975 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »

^LOL, wtf...I'm still wondering who made this...
HAHA LOL.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3976 on: February 27, 2007, 02:18:24 PM »
The Lakers head north to visit their in-state rival the Golden State Warriors. Los Angeles has won both of their previous meetings with the Warriors this season.
You typically post such info BEFORE the game starts.
i know i post it anyways u got a problem with it?
Yes, in a matter of fact I do. >:(

>:(

;D
have a propz,nephew 8)
Wtf? I'm older then you.
SO what chill back nephew 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3977 on: February 27, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »
anyone watching the lakers game vs Utah right now?i never thought the Refs would go on Kobe side but they have tonight.They are giving him every call you can think of.

Yeah man, he was getting the Wade treatment. Some of those calls he got were questionable. Anyway, it's still a good road win. It looks like we're heading in the right direction finally.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3978 on: February 28, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »
anyone watching the lakers game vs Utah right now?i never thought the Refs would go on Kobe side but they have tonight.They are giving him every call you can think of.

Yeah man, he was getting the Wade treatment. Some of those calls he got were questionable. Anyway, it's still a good road win. It looks like we're heading in the right direction finally.

I think most of the calls were on-point...Giricek would straight up walk into Kobe with his hands up while he was shooting a jumpshot and expect not to get a foul...But it was pretty surprising seeing Kobe getting these calls.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3979 on: February 28, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
Great news!

Help is on the way
Walton, Brown show improvement during practice, and both could be back in the next week.
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
February 28, 2007

After winning Monday night in Utah, no small feat by itself, the Lakers returned to practice Tuesday and found two more victories awaiting them.

Forward Luke Walton and center Kwame Brown practiced for the first time since suffering sprained ankles, playing full-court four-on-four and also half-court four-on-four at the team's training facility.

Their return is soon, but still slightly difficult to pinpoint. The Lakers' next game is Friday against Sacramento, leaving two more practices to evaluate both players.

"There's a lot still left to be seen this week," Coach Phil Jackson said. "[We] just don't even know what we'd list them — as doubtful, questionable or where we go as far as that goes."

Walton has sat out 15 games because of a moderately sprained right ankle, but is probably a little ahead of Brown, who has been sidelined 27 games because of a severely sprained left ankle.

Brown felt fine during the half-court portion, but still felt some pain while running in the full-court game. He pictured himself coming back next Tuesday against Minnesota, two days after the Lakers play the run-and-gun Phoenix Suns.

"Maybe after Phoenix," he said. "I don't want to go back into the Indy 500."

Walton hopes to play Friday, although it might be a little ambitious on his part. It still hurts when he drives hard to his right or comes to a quick stop.

For both players, it's about regaining their timing and conditioning.

"I felt like a fat, unathletic kid out there today," Walton said. "I tried to make a move and I would almost fall forward."

Lamar Odom can relate to what Brown and Walton are going through.

He's finally emerging from a quiet 15-game return from a sprained knee, breaking through Monday with a 19-point, 14-rebound, nine-assist effort against Utah. He seemed more assertive around the basket and Jackson said he looked more balanced when going up for jump shots.

Jackson noticed other subtleties.

"There's a sequence where he got an offensive rebound, missed it and went right back up and dunked it," Jackson said. "That told me something right there, that he's starting to feel more like himself, that he can go right back up with a kind of double effort. That says that his body physically is recovering."

Andrew Bynum did not practice Tuesday because of flu-like symptoms, and Kobe Bryant also sat out.

:raisetheroof:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #3980 on: February 28, 2007, 03:49:55 PM »
^ thank you jesus!

the sooner we get out of this injury stage, the better.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3981 on: February 28, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
im going to said we going win by 10 or 15 VS THE QUENNS L'UP 8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3982 on: February 28, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »
Help is on the way
Walton, Brown show improvement during practice, and both could be back in the next week.
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
February 28, 2007

After winning Monday night in Utah, no small feat by itself, the Lakers returned to practice Tuesday and found two more victories awaiting them.

Forward Luke Walton and center Kwame Brown practiced for the first time since suffering sprained ankles, playing full-court four-on-four and also half-court four-on-four at the team's training facility.

Their return is soon, but still slightly difficult to pinpoint. The Lakers' next game is Friday against Sacramento, leaving two more practices to evaluate both players.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #3983 on: February 28, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »
LA Times Blog: Finally, Mo Evans, who collided with Utah's Matt Harpring in Monday's win experienced some swelling in his right knee. He went to see the doctor and had 60cc's of clear fluid drained from the joint. No word on if, like tonsils, he got to take it home. And while I'm no House, I'm pretty sure clear is good. Evans is considered day to day.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3984 on: March 01, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »
I've seen a recent Kings vs Pacers game. Damn man, that shit was wack as fuck. Their defences without Artest and JO are not even worth the Italian championship. Disgusting. The NBA is not the same League it used to be. Brad Miller and Troy Murphy are probably the most embarassing defenders i've ever seen. You guys needs good coaches and more international players who can actually play team defence. You only care about individual one-on-one defence, but it's a team game. You should have understood it in the last International Competitions, damn.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:44:50 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3985 on: March 01, 2007, 10:02:52 AM »
I've seen a recent Kings vs Pacers game. Damn man, that shit was wack as fuck. Their defences without Artest and JO are not even worth the Italian championship. Disgusting. The NBA is not the same League it used to be. Brad Miller and Troy Murphy are probably the most embarassing defenders i've ever seen. You guys needs good coaches and more international players who can actually play team defence. You only care about individual one-on-one defence, but it's a team game. You should have understood it in the last International Competitions, damn.

Dunno what this has to do with the Lakers, but defense is stronger out here than overseas...You just saw a boring game, that's all...Watch some elite teams (not the Suns) and see the difference.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3986 on: March 01, 2007, 11:04:54 AM »
My prediction: The Lakers will go 10-4 in March.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3987 on: March 01, 2007, 02:30:46 PM »

Dunno what this has to do with the Lakers

Lakers vs Kings tomorrow.

but defense is stronger out here than overseas...You just saw a boring game, that's all...Watch some elite teams (not the Suns) and see the difference.

I see what i can, man. :-\

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3988 on: March 01, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »
Lakers fine Radmanovic $500,000

The Lakers fined forward Vladimir Radmanovic $500,000 — about 10% of his salary this season — for a contract violation stemming from a snowboarding crash during the NBA All-Star break.

Radmanovic, out until mid- to late-April because of a separated right shoulder sustained in the accident, said he would not appeal the fine.

"It's fair for what I did. I just want to move forward and try to get healthy and get back on the court," he said.

Radmanovic, 26, is in the first year of a five-year, $30.2 million contract and he expressed relief that the Lakers did not take the drastic step of voiding his contract entirely.

He initially told Lakers officials he hurt himself while crossing the street after getting coffee in Park City, Utah. He admitted lying a few days later. It was his first time snowboarding.

"We discussed internally among our coach, ownership and management a variety of disciplinary options and thought that this was the fairest and most appropriate action," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. "We consider this a closed issue now and look forward to Vlade's return to action, where he'll be able to use his talents to help our team."

Radmanovic, who is expected to miss 20-25 games but probably be back for the playoffs, is averaging 6.9 points and 3.4 rebounds.

So they're not voiding his contract. :grumpy:

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3989 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »
:grumpy: