Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287243 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4005 on: March 03, 2007, 02:05:25 PM »
more bad fucking news.

john ireland just reported on kcal sports central that odom's right shoulder was giving him pain after todays game. also, kobe's left elbow is still feeling banged up, and kwame feels "okay, but not good"

This season has just been eerie. Odom played like a man on a mission in the 2nd half, the last thing we need is for him to have another setback.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4006 on: March 03, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »
Is this some kinda sick joke? I thought the 03-04 season was bad but this team just can't stay healthy for shiet.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4007 on: March 03, 2007, 04:16:03 PM »
Breaking news:Lamar Odom torn labrum done for rest of season..
Just as we got Kwame back and Lamar playin like he was in beggining everyone playin well.....Lamar goes down again and now for the rest of the season...SHIT MAN :grumpy:

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4008 on: March 03, 2007, 04:48:03 PM »
Breaking news:Lamar Odom torn labrum done for rest of season..

Lamar is Injury prone, Get rid of him when the season ends.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4009 on: March 03, 2007, 05:01:05 PM »
yeah i just saw the news at the bar and i almost spit out my fucking beer when i saw that a few hours ago.Damn i guess Kobe has to go back to killer kobe mode and carry the team even more so.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4010 on: March 03, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »
 :-[ :'(

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4011 on: March 03, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »
:boohoo:

d-nice

« Reply #4012 on: March 03, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
Looks like Scottie Pippen is going to get a phone call.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4013 on: March 03, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
And to make things worse...the Kings and Clippers both won tonight and the Lakers have a tough schedule  >:(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4014 on: March 03, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
It's not the whole season for sure, ya'll...

Lakers' Odom could be out for the season

By Kevin Ding
The Orange County Register

(MCT)

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Lamar Odom walked out of the Lakers' practice facility Saturday afternoon wearing the grim expression he has been trying to keep from overtaking his face all season. In response to a question about how challenging his season has been, Odom mumbled some remarks about trying to stay positive.

Odom would take the official hit a few minutes later when he was informed he has a torn left labrum that could require shoulder surgery and end his season - the same injury and result that befell him in 2005. Odom will be examined by Angels team doctor Lewis Yocum on Monday to see if surgery can be avoided, but there is a danger of additional tearing if Odom returns and is not pain-free.

Odom delayed surgery in 2005 for what the Lakers initially called a "small" labrum tear, but he never became pain-free. He missed the last 17 games of the season, and upon performing that surgery, Yocum described it as a "significant tear." Odom was restricted from any basketball activity for about four months while healing.

Beginning Sunday in Phoenix, the Lakers have 23 games left this regular season, and unlike in 2005 they have viable playoff aspirations that change significantly if they no longer include the team's leading rebounder, most versatile defender and No.2 scorer and assist man.

Season-ending shoulder surgery this time would also be far more emotionally taxing on Odom, whose infant son Jayden died on June 28.

Odom vowed to use that adversity to become more professional, and he was playing probably the best ball of his career before missing 21 games because of a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee that cost him a chance at his first All-Star berth. On Dec. 4 this season, Odom became just the seventh player in NBA history to get 4,000 rebounds and 2,000 assists in as few as 471 games.

On Friday night in the loss to Sacramento, he had a shaky first half before rallying for what Lakers coach Phil Jackson called a "terrific" second half.

With 2:47 to play and the Lakers trailing by 11, Odom reached behind his head to get a shot off from under the basket and had his arm wrenched when hit by Sacramento's Brad Miller. Odom took some time to shake off the pain then missed a foul shot and made the next. He stayed in the game until 1:04 remained.

Odom said Saturday the pain was "about the same" as after the game.

The Lakers aren't putting out a timetable for Odom's absence until he meets with Yocum, but Odom won't play on the team's four-game trip this week and almost certainly beyond that.

Odom's injury further magnifies the loss of forward Vladimir Radmanovic, possibly out for the season because of a separated shoulder suffered while snowboarding.

Assuming he returns soon from his ankle sprain that has cost him more than a month, Luke Walton will be asked to reassume a prominent role. Maurice Evans and Brian Cook will get more playing time, although Kobe Bryant could swing more often to the wing spot, opening up playing time at guard.

The loss of Odom could mean a more accelerated pursuit of Scottie Pippen, 41, who is preparing to come out of retirement and has drawn Coach Phil Jackson's interest. Odom's all-around role is one Pippen already played for Jackson in Chicago.

But Pippen's planned return was to help lift a team to an NBA championship in limited minutes, and if Odom can't return, the Lakers hardly fit that description. Also, the Lakers are uncertain about Pippen's physical condition.

The Lakers went 12-9 without Odom earlier this season, and speaking before Odom's latest diagnosis was firmed up, Jackson said: "We're still going to be fine; we'll still make it through; we're still going to keep our head above water. We're not drowning."

Jackson has said Odom plays better with a "lighter heart" and called Odom's demeanor this season "great."

LETS PRAY THAT LAMAR MAKES IT BACKS ASAP!

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4015 on: March 03, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »
yeah where are yall hearin that odom's out for the entire season? the reports i saw said theyre unsure when hes comin back and they'll announce it on monday. i hope its not long, odom was just startin to get back into form

And to make things worse...the Kings and Clippers both won tonight and the Lakers have a tough schedule  >:(

dont worry bout that man, im sure the lakers' can still maintain their play-off seed.

but damn, the clips raped the living shit out of the pacers and they dont have cassell or livingston. the pacers went scoreless for like 7 minutes until they finally got in a free throw lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4016 on: March 03, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
Good to know. My status has been upgraded from :boohoo: to  :'(

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4017 on: March 03, 2007, 11:15:42 PM »
Good to know. My status has been upgraded from :boohoo: to  :'(

lol my status is still :boohoo:, odom was ballin outta control and it was a great feeling to see him like that again, only to find out hes injured for the second time this season

swangin and bangin

« Reply #4018 on: March 03, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »
i may not be a laker fan but the odom situation is fucked.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4019 on: March 04, 2007, 12:55:25 AM »
we just have to wait till Monday to get the offical decesion.