Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287545 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4125 on: March 09, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »
Lakers coach Phil Jackson still hasn't ruled out signing Scottie Pippen. "We have to make assessments on what we're going to do," he said. "Our priorities are to get this team righted. I have no doubts as to him fitting in on what we do. The question would be, how many minutes he could play."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4126 on: March 09, 2007, 08:18:17 PM »
WTF

how the hell do you lose to an allen iverson-less 76er team

EY THE LAKERS COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT IN THE D-LEAGUE RIGHT NOW LOL

Healthy Lakers >>> Healthy Heat

Sixers are .500 since the Iverson trade...Not that bad, the "other" AI is holdin his own.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #4127 on: March 09, 2007, 08:35:17 PM »
LOL YOU MUST'VE LOST YOUR MIND BOW DOWN AND KISS THE 0'6 NBA DEFENDING CHAMPION RING

lakers playing the mav's on sunday thats an automatic L
dont even show up for the game lol dont even show up

bring in scottie pippen like i said before in one of my earlier posts will be a good addition
gotta find someway to stop the bleeding-

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4128 on: March 09, 2007, 08:50:37 PM »
u never know we might beat the mavs and come out with a win,we need to play hard Defence thought and we will get a W.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4129 on: March 09, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »
Kobe Insults Smush
says his body can't handle another 7 years and wishes he wasn't the floor general... in other words.. he wishes diaper boy idiot Andrew Bynum got traded for Jason Kidd.. can't blame him.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4130 on: March 09, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »
Phil Jackson is convinced Scottie Pippen can help the Lakers, but Los Angeles might have to cut someone to make room for him on the roster.

I asked Jackson about Pippen tonight after the Lakers arrived 50 minutes late at the arena in Philadelphia because of traffic, and Jackson disclosed that the Lakers have been in touch with the league office to inquire about the possibility of adding a 16th player, which would allow them to sign Pippen to a 10-day contract.

The problem, however, is that in order to get an additional roster spot, the Lakers need to have four injured players sidelined at the same time for 14 consecutive days. Chris Mihm and Vladimir Radmanovic account for two of those spots, but Lamar Odom won't reach 14 days until a week from Sunday, and Luke Walton is expected back before then.

Another option would be to waive Chris Mihm, who is out for the season after undergoing ankle surgery, and whose contract expires in June.

"We have to make some assessments about what we have to do as a team to move forward, and those are difficult things to do," Jackson said. "So we'll sit down and talk about that when we get back.

"Our priority is to get this team righted and get some winning games again and get back in the playoff hunt."

Jackson spoke to Pippen almost a week ago about the possibility of joining the Lakers if Pippen indeed decides to attempt a comeback at age 41. Pippen did not immediately return a call Friday night.

"I have no doubts about Scottie's ability to fit into what we do because this is similar to what he played for a number of years," Jackson said. "The biggest question is how many minutes could Scottie fulfill, and how many minutes would we need a player to play."

Following a 108-92 loss to the 76ers that extended the Lakers' losing streak to five games, Jackson said he might consider changes to the starting lineup -- sounding more disposed toward subbing Kwame Brown for Andrew Bynum than he was for replacing Smush Parker with Shammond Williams.

"Andrew didn't get anything accomplished out there tonight," Jackson said. "Andrew needs to just get off the front line and get out of that enemy fire for a while."

Bryant, meanwhile, wholeheartedly endorsed the idea of signing Pippen.

"I think Scottie would be absolutely magnificent coming here and helping us out," said Bryant, who has not spoken to Pippen and has no plans to unless and until he signs. "He's really interested in doing it, the team has contacted him, and I'm sure we'll speak. We're good friends."
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #4131 on: March 10, 2007, 12:12:16 AM »
We'll make the playoffs coz Denver and Clippers have tough schedules... I wouldn't mind being 7th to play the Suns...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4132 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:04 PM »
LOL YOU MUST'VE LOST YOUR MIND BOW DOWN AND KISS THE 0'6 NBA DEFENDING CHAMPION RING

lakers playing the mav's on sunday thats an automatic L
dont even show up for the game lol dont even show up

bring in scottie pippen like i said before in one of my earlier posts will be a good addition
gotta find someway to stop the bleeding-

LOL. The Heat suck. They're the worst champions of all time and I'll bet my life they don't repeat. Even if Wade returns in full health, they'll still get bounced, easily. Lakers are only down now because of incredible injuries, we were elite status when at full strength, beating the best teams in the league and even the shitty ones who aspired to be good (like your very own Heat)...Lakers>>>Heat. :-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4133 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »
Kobe Insults Smush
says his body can't handle another 7 years and wishes he wasn't the floor general... in other words.. he wishes diaper boy idiot Andrew Bynum got traded for Jason Kidd.. can't blame him.

Huh?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4134 on: March 10, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »
We'll make the playoffs coz Denver and Clippers have tough schedules... I wouldn't mind being 7th to play the Suns...

That's what I was been thinking...We're in a repeat of last year, but this time we'll come through 100% with the upset. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4135 on: March 10, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »
I think Farmar needs to start  games. If not know, then at least by the beginning of next season.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4136 on: March 10, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
I think Farmar needs to start  games. If not know, then at least by the beginning of next season.

Farmar who? Oh you mean that guy that used to play for the Lakers earlier in the season? I miss that guy.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4137 on: March 10, 2007, 04:46:24 PM »
Give me one good reason why Farmar shouldn't start. Next to Kobe who is a better option?

Aaron McKie
Shammond Williams
Maurice Evans
Sasha Vujacic
Smush Parker

Kid's got talent.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #4138 on: March 10, 2007, 08:10:37 PM »
Kobe Insults Smush

^Honestly, is this for real? Kobe's usually more tactful than that...

wcsoldier

« Reply #4139 on: March 11, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »
Kobe Insults Smush

What Kobe said is that he doesn't think his body can't handle another seven years if he's always the initiator.. he wants a point guard who's able to create and pass the ball... then you can interpretate it like u want ... a shot at Smush , at Mitch or just coz he's lil desperate right now...