Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287182 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4290 on: March 24, 2007, 01:57:05 AM »
^^This one's gunna be slightly tougher.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4291 on: March 24, 2007, 02:21:21 AM »
Kobe's season averages...

30.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.4 spg

I need Kobe to keep his assists up. These last few games he's been a scoring machine (which I'm fine with) but I don't want him to finish the season with under 5 assist per game. His rebounding has been great, he's close to 6.

My prediction for the end of the regular season

31 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg, 1 spg.

Why do you care so much about his individual stats?

judging by the structure of his post, im pretty sure hes talkin bout a fantasy league lol..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4292 on: March 24, 2007, 02:25:51 AM »

I need Kobe to keep his assists up. These last few games he's been a scoring machine (which I'm fine with) but I don't want him to finish the season with under 5 assist per game. His rebounding has been great, he's close to 6.

judging by the structure of his post, im pretty sure hes talkin bout a fantasy league lol..

Yea, that makes sense...Cuz individual stats don't mean shit unless you're playing fantasy leagues. If you're really a fan of a team though, FUCK the averages, just hope they get the win!

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4293 on: March 24, 2007, 05:08:23 AM »
well i think its pretty unfair to suggest he aint a real fan juss for carin about his fantasy team lol.

and not that this directly relates to the topic at hand, but i've always found it kinda frustrating wen there are discussions about improving team defense or possible trades or injury updates or wutever, and yet the only responses to be heard are ones stating how godly kobe is and how we should get rid of odom/the rest of the team just for not being as good as kobe.

so many of the local "laker fans" i kno are more like kobe bandwagoners than actual laker fans. altho kobe is sick as fuck so in some ways its understandable.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4294 on: March 24, 2007, 11:23:19 AM »
well i think its pretty unfair to suggest he aint a real fan juss for carin about his fantasy team lol.

and not that this directly relates to the topic at hand, but i've always found it kinda frustrating wen there are discussions about improving team defense or possible trades or injury updates or wutever, and yet the only responses to be heard are ones stating how godly kobe is and how we should get rid of odom/the rest of the team just for not being as good as kobe.

so many of the local "laker fans" i kno are more like kobe bandwagoners than actual laker fans. altho kobe is sick as fuck so in some ways its understandable.

That's not what I'm saying. The fact that Kobe is on his fantasy team cleared it up for me...I'm saying that if someone cares about how much Kobe scores more than how the Lakers perform, then he's more of a Kobe fan than a Laker fan to begin with. That's just stating the obvious though...

I agree 100% with your comments on the fake Laker fans...That's why I show so much concern with some of the fans on this board...PeACe

Sparegeez

« Reply #4295 on: March 24, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4296 on: March 24, 2007, 03:27:59 PM »
^^Yup. Kobe is THAT amazing. 8)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4297 on: March 25, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

I agree 100%, that shit pisses me off. The "Kobe is God and everyone else on the Lakers suck" fans piss me like you wouldn't believe. During the 90's they were rooting for the Bulls. I hate bandwagon fans.

I'm a Laker fan which means I support the Lakers.

Anyways, anyone notice that the Lakers have begun to actually guard the pick and roll? I was almost as impressed with that as I was with Kobe's incredible scoring binge. Now if we can only get back on defense. Our transition defense is still poor. Poor transition D is the reason why we're giving up so many points.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4298 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:20 AM »
Get rid of Smush! :-X

LOL...Smush could rape your bitch ass Mom & Girlfriend and you'll still be sucking his dick...LOL @ this Jewfag Dickriding a piece of shit that disrespected our coaches and is inconsistent and hurts the team...LAkers fan? I don't think so, more like a smush Groupie  :love:

Smush's #'s in March

Props to Lamar, Kwame

VVV

Quote from: Quik Is The Name when players were injured
Get rid of Lamar, Kwame

:puke:

I gave LAMAR Props for coming back and playing through pain...he could of called it a season like he did 3 years ago but he didn't...He still has alot to prove on the Court to us REAL Lakers fans that don't think he could help us win championships..he doesn't have to prove shit to you b/c you're a dickriding Faggot...You could care less about the team...Like I've said before you're not a real Laker fan, just a fag that loves men that wear Purple and yellow close....and you also jump on the clippers bandwagon when the Lakers lost in the Playoffs..Fake ass Laker fan :puke:

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4299 on: March 25, 2007, 01:01:52 AM »
2 more wins and we get our longest winning streak in 3 years....Hopefully the LAkers could keep this up...

And hopefully kobe keeps his 50 point streak going  ;D

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4300 on: March 25, 2007, 01:46:12 AM »
and you also jump on the clippers bandwagon when the Lakers lost in the Playoffs..Fake ass Laker fan :puke:

unless he hated the clippers before the playoffs, its not necessarily bandwagoning just to root for them. many laker fans who are residents of los angeles happen to be fans of both teams, includin jack nicholson. this isnt ucla/usc or yankees/mets, clippers have always been the "younger brother" of the lakers cuz they were never big enough to compete with them, so some of us were just happy to see the aimless underdogs of la grow into play-off contenders

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4301 on: March 25, 2007, 01:57:49 AM »

Yea, that makes sense...Cuz individual stats don't mean shit unless you're playing fantasy leagues. If you're really a fan of a team though, FUCK the averages, just hope they get the win!

In this case, I was asking because he's on my fantasy team. But I do care about his individual stats. Although winning is obviously all that matters in the end, Kobe is my favorite players, so I love seeing him put up big all around numbers. Him getting 6+ assists a game is what had the critics silenced earlier in this season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4302 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »
and you also jump on the clippers bandwagon when the Lakers lost in the Playoffs..Fake ass Laker fan :puke:

unless he hated the clippers before the playoffs, its not necessarily bandwagoning just to root for them. many laker fans who are residents of los angeles happen to be fans of both teams, includin jack nicholson. this isnt ucla/usc or yankees/mets, clippers have always been the "younger brother" of the lakers cuz they were never big enough to compete with them, so some of us were just happy to see the aimless underdogs of la grow into play-off contenders

LOL, don't taken him serious...I was never a Clipper fan, though I liked their team and wanted them to beat the Suns last year. Dude is pretty much just bitter that I keep exposing him as a fake Laker fan, so he comes back with some dumb shit...

God knows, Smush is far from my favorite player...But he can be a nice asset when he's playing to his standards. And for his current price, there's absolutely no rational reason to "get rid" of him...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4303 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:29 PM »

I hear you. I'm not a Clipper fan but I don't hate them and I don't think it's in any basketball fan's interest for their to be a shitty Clippers franchise. When the Clippers are playing good basketball, like last season and when Ron Harper and Danny Manning were on the Clippers in the early 90's, it made things more interesting. I remember getting a couple of free tickets back in those days and I went, why the fuck not.

I reserve my hate for the Queens and the Spurs.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4304 on: March 25, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »
anyone realize how special this shit Kobe is doing i dont know if we will ever see this shit in our lifetime again.