Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286932 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4395 on: April 01, 2007, 10:41:03 PM »
just got home from the games, great win 8)

L'UP

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4396 on: April 01, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »
Kobe Bryant scored 19 and dished out a season-high 13 assists, and the Lakers used a 15-0 third-quarter run to grab a 126-103 win over the Kings on Sunday. Maurice Evans scored 21 on 7-of-8 shooting from the field.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4397 on: April 02, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4398 on: April 02, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bas-YyViCmc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bas-YyViCmc</a>
Yao was def moving,i just think Kobe tried to oversell it....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4399 on: April 02, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bas-YyViCmc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bas-YyViCmc</a>
Yao was def moving,i just think Kobe tried to oversell it....

Either way, the only contact that took place was Yao purposely forcing his pick into T-Mac... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4400 on: April 03, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »
Lakers Reassign Farmar To D-Fenders

04/02/07 - NBA Development League (D-League) Los Angeles D-Fenders

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - The Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA Development League have been reassigned guard Jordan Farmar from their NBA affiliate, the Los Angeles Lakers.

Farmar, 6-2, 180, has played in 63 games this season for the Lakers and has averaged 4.7 points, 1.8 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game. He was selected by the Lakers with the 26th pick in the first round of the 2006 NBA Draft.

This will be Farmar's second assignment to the D-Fenders. On Sunday, April 1 during Farmar's first game in the D-Fenders line-up, he had 18 points, 2 rebounds and 6 assists in 41 minutes in the 101-109 loss to the Anaheim Arsenal. At the conclusion of Sunday's match, Farmar was recalled by the Los Angeles Lakers. Farmar played in that evening's Lakers vs. Kings contest and became the first player to see action in both a

D-League and NBA game in the same day.

"He'll be an integral ingredient in our playoff run," said D-Fenders Head Coach Dan Panaggio. "We are expecting he will play a big game for us and happy to have him."

Farmar will wear jersey #11 while the D-Fenders host the Albuquerque Thunderbirds on Tuesday, April 3 at STAPLES Center, before the Lakers game with a 3:30pm tip-off.

Having a Lakers ticket for a STAPLES Center home game is also your ticket to a lower level seat for the D-Fenders. Lakers season ticket holders who attend a D-Fenders home game will receive a special gift, while supplies last, by visiting the Season Ticket Holder Booth on the main concourse at the Figueroa Street Entrance.

On July 31, 2006 the Los Angeles Lakers announced that they had become the first NBA franchise in history to own an NBA Development League team. The Los Angeles D-Fenders play their home games at STAPLES Center pre and post Lakers home games. The Lakers devoted fans were given the opportunity to name the NBA D-League team in an online naming contest.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4401 on: April 03, 2007, 07:54:15 PM »
^That's some bull shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4402 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:59 PM »
Bryant befriends Melo in time of trouble

By Marc J. Spears
Denver Post Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 04/03/2007 01:55:45 AM MDT

Los Angeles - The "Stop Snitching" video cameo. The extortion and blackmail attempt against him. The charge of marijuana possession. A poor showing at the 2004 Athens Olympics. And a fight in a New York City nightclub. All those issues weighed heavily on Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony early in the 2004-05 season.

But at that time when a stressed and depressed Anthony needed a respected word of wisdom, he received a surprising text message from "K.B." in December 2004.

"I got a text from him that said, 'Don't even worry about that,' and this and that. I was like, 'Really? For real? Who is this?' It didn't have his name. It just had his (cell) number and 'K.B.' I was like 'Who is this?' It was Kobe," Anthony said. "He's

Nuggets: Chats & Stats
All Things Nuggets: Discuss the team, uncover some tidbits and look ahead to the next game by visiting this blog.
Nuggets Stats Page: Analyze box scores, evaluate team leaders and track the division standings by visiting this report.
been through a lot so you know he has the people against him. He's his own person. He's in his own world."
Since Kobe Bryant's message to Anthony, 22, more than two years ago, the all-stars quietly have developed a big brother-little brother relationship.

Whether the subject is Anthony's struggles against the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2006 NBA playoffs or his 15-game suspension this season for fighting, Bryant, 28, has continued to be supportive with advice at a moment's notice.

"I just check on him to make sure he's OK," Bryant said. "It really upsets me when I see people come down hard on him and things like that. I just try to stick up for him because he's with the younger generation coming up.

"It's our responsibility to make sure they are being taken care of. He got a raw deal by that. I was a young player once, too."

Coming off the 2002-03 season, Bryant was the star of the Los Angeles Lakers and considered one of the world's most popular athletes and pitchmen. But his image was tainted in the summer of 2003 when he was accused of sexual assault in Eagle. While the charges against the nine-time all-star eventually were dropped, the damage was done - millions in endorsement money was lost and his popularity plummeted.

Now leading the NBA in scoring, Bryant overcame the drama and again is arguably the league's most popular player with the hottest selling jersey. While Bryant still has his naysayers, Anthony remains one of Bryant's biggest fans.

Bryant and Anthony were only colleagues when the latter started going through his off-court problems. Watching from afar, a concerned Bryant decided to contact Anthony.

"When I was going through my trials and tribulations, he reached out to me," Anthony said. "He had already been through what he had been through. So he was just telling me how to deal with it. He was telling me don't even worry about it, things are going to change, they are going to get better.

"At that time you don't want to hear none of that. But we just started going back and forth. He started calling me. He started telling me 'good game' and all this stuff every time I saw him. It just evolved like that."

Anthony was the NBA's leading scorer this season until Bryant got hot in March, which included a four-game 50-point streak. Bryant is averaging a league-best 31.0 points per game, while Anthony is averaging 29.1.

"(Bryant's) on a mission," Anthony said. "I guess he got tired of everybody in the media (messing) with him so he went on a rampage."

Bryant and Anthony were teammates for the first time at the 2007 All-Star Game. And this summer Anthony expects their friendship to grow when they play at the FIBA Americas Championships in Las Vegas.

"I'm looking forward to this summer," Anthony said. "I'm looking forward to it right now."

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4403 on: April 03, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »
 :puke:

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4404 on: April 03, 2007, 10:12:17 PM »
dayum, odom's triple double goes to waste

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4405 on: April 03, 2007, 10:21:18 PM »
as a huge laker fan im offically worried about the Spurs.THere is no way we can beat them in a best of seven series i would rather like our chances vs the SUns.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4406 on: April 03, 2007, 10:31:23 PM »
Fuck Smush  ;D  VVVV 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4407 on: April 03, 2007, 10:34:54 PM »
Fuck. >:(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4408 on: April 04, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »
Shitty loss, game shoulda been ours...Lets win the next 8 games.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4409 on: April 04, 2007, 05:03:13 AM »
as a huge laker fan im offically worried about the Spurs.THere is no way we can beat them in a best of seven series i would rather like our chances vs the SUns.

you better start tanking games then... but not too many!!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin