Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287291 times)

LAKERS_FAN89

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4425 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:25 AM »
next games friday on kcal.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #4426 on: April 05, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
^ I hate that bitch (the female ref), always have.
^She got a nice ass though... ;D

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4427 on: April 05, 2007, 05:47:46 PM »
Damn its sad to think that the Lakers can actually bounce out of the playoffs.Just to think about a month ago Denver and #8 seed were like 10 games from our 6th seed.Dman fucking shame and whether it be the injuries or whatever i still think the lakers can pull it thru but they need to bring in a real PG that plays D.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4428 on: April 05, 2007, 08:52:17 PM »
Damn its sad to think that the Lakers can actually bounce out of the playoffs.Just to think about a month ago Denver and #8 seed were like 10 games from our 6th seed.Dman fucking shame and whether it be the injuries or whatever i still think the lakers can pull it thru but they need to bring in a real PG that plays D.

word man, its pretty damn depressin

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4429 on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:48 AM »
L'UP^

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4430 on: April 06, 2007, 06:57:35 AM »
Lakers guard Smush Parker lashed out at Coach Phil Jackson on Thursday after being benched for the entire fourth quarter of Wednesday night's 90-82 loss to the Clippers.

Jackson said he thought Parker looked fatigued and was not applying sufficient defensive pressure.

Asked whether he would be ready to play in tonight's game against the SuperSonics in Seattle, Parker said, "I was ready to play [Wednesday] night. I wanted to play [Wednesday] night. I didn't appreciate being benched."

Facing reporters at the team's El Segundo training facility after practice and before heading to the airport for the team's flight to Seattle, Parker was asked what he thought he had to do to get back on the court.

"I feel fine. I felt I did everything I need to do to be out there. I gave up trying to read that man a long time ago," he said, referring to Jackson.

Jackson said he and Parker had spoken earlier Thursday.

"He talked, I listened," Parker said. "That's usually how it goes. He just asked me if I got my energy back. I was like, 'Energy? I never lost it.' "

With the Lakers trailing 75-69 after three quarters Wednesday, was Parker surprised he wasn't put back in?

"I'm always surprised when I don't play," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep6apr06,1,7474594.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

rik

« Reply #4431 on: April 06, 2007, 08:58:35 AM »
^ Lashed out?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4432 on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »
I wonder who's gonna be the Lakers' PG next season. Somebody knows what MLE FAs are coming up?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4433 on: April 06, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
Lakers guard Smush Parker lashed out at Coach Phil Jackson on Thursday after being benched for the entire fourth quarter of Wednesday night's 90-82 loss to the Clippers.

Jackson said he thought Parker looked fatigued and was not applying sufficient defensive pressure.

Asked whether he would be ready to play in tonight's game against the SuperSonics in Seattle, Parker said, "I was ready to play [Wednesday] night. I wanted to play [Wednesday] night. I didn't appreciate being benched."

Facing reporters at the team's El Segundo training facility after practice and before heading to the airport for the team's flight to Seattle, Parker was asked what he thought he had to do to get back on the court.

"I feel fine. I felt I did everything I need to do to be out there. I gave up trying to read that man a long time ago," he said, referring to Jackson.

Jackson said he and Parker had spoken earlier Thursday.

"He talked, I listened," Parker said. "That's usually how it goes. He just asked me if I got my energy back. I was like, 'Energy? I never lost it.' "

With the Lakers trailing 75-69 after three quarters Wednesday, was Parker surprised he wasn't put back in?

"I'm always surprised when I don't play," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep6apr06,1,7474594.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

I think this is a psychological tactic Phil is implying to get Smush ready for the playoffs...Last year, Smush was at his best when he felt like he had something to prove. And when it became apparent that Smush was a major steal, Smush's back wasn't against the wall anymore, causing him to apply less effort as the playoffs were approaching. Then he had that meltdown in the series vs. the Suns...Now, with an expiring contract, and his back once again against the wall come playoff time, Smush will apply 100% effort, since he now knows he definitely has something to prove...I dunno, it's just how Phil works, there's always something behind what he does, and this makes the most sense to me...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4434 on: April 06, 2007, 04:11:01 PM »
The Lakers look to snap their two game losing streak and retain their grip on the 6 seed as they head north to take on the Seattle Supersonics tonight. The season series is currently tied 1-1.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4435 on: April 06, 2007, 09:58:10 PM »
we did it closed games 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4436 on: April 06, 2007, 11:59:47 PM »
It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics 8)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #4437 on: April 07, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
and just barely escaped with a victory

saw tha game at magic johnsons tgiFridays 

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4438 on: April 07, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »
It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics 8)

+1 Karma bro..

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4439 on: April 07, 2007, 02:01:02 PM »
damn the fucking lakers are letting everyone score over 100 pts thats fucking sad,but at least we came out with a big needed win.