Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286727 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4455 on: April 10, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
I just want the season to end...I'm already looking forward to the off-season.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4456 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
Oh boy you already wrote this season off? I thought y'all were looking forward to a championship run   ;D ;D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4457 on: April 10, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »
^^No one takes him seriously.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #4458 on: April 10, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
Oh boy you already wrote this season off? I thought y'all were looking forward to a championship run   ;D ;D

The LA Sparks maybe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4459 on: April 10, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
Every true Laker fan knows we can hang with the best teams at full strength...This guy is a fraud. He's always been this way...He didn't even think we'd make the playoffs last season. Disgusting "fan". :-X

Da Bloodz

« Reply #4460 on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:22 PM »
U FUCKIN HATIN ASS BITCH IM ON UR ASS NOW MUHFUCKA HOLLA

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4461 on: April 10, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »
how the fuck can you already wait for next season when this season isnt over yet?Thats just fucking sad.I know the Lakers are not on a roll right now but if we can somehow get the 7th seed i really really like our chances.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4462 on: April 10, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
oh by the way i will bet everything i got that the Lakers will destroy the CLippers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4463 on: April 10, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »
how the fuck can you already wait for next season when this season isnt over yet?Thats just fucking sad.I know the Lakers are not on a roll right now but if we can somehow get the 7th seed i really really like our chances.

Ignore him...He's a known Laker hater...PeACe

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4464 on: April 10, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »
wtf...sayin R.I.P. to the season already? Damn,havin Kobe alone gives L.A. a chance.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4465 on: April 12, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »
Just came back from my trip to LA.. I attented Kings, Nuggets, Clips and Suns games... well the Kings game was dope, good passing games, Kobe played perfectly, Luke was able to get easy baskets down low.. then the Nuggets one was a given game, like Andrew missing 2 free throws in the clutch.. the Clips one was fun when it comes to LAL and LAC fans in the building but this game was horrible, especially there was no passing games at all, it all came down to Kobe missing lots of shots but again the triangle wasn't run at all... I had 118 section ticket for the Suns game, I was pretty satisfied by the 1st half but the 4th was horrible. Overall(for the 4 games) we play no Defense, we don't even seem to try , just trading baskets.. givin up easy opportunities in the paint, opening lanes... offensive wise , outside the Kings game, there is no ball movement.. it seems like we are back to early last season when it was ball to Kobe and others waiting for sth to happen.. overall it was a great Xperience , I just wished my team would play much better.. I hope we can step it up in the playoffs coz I refuse to think this season is already over

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4466 on: April 12, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
^^I have hopes for the playoffs, bro...Too bad your trip wasn't a little later so that you coulda' caught some playoff games, where Phil Jackson teams ALWAYS give it their 100%. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4467 on: April 12, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »
Injury Report

12:10 AM PDT on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Brown Can't Shake Ankle Injury

EL SEGUNDO - The answer was somewhat of a surprise, something that really wasn't expected.

The Lakers have been hoping center Kwame Brown will find a way to play in at least one of the final four regular-season games before the playoffs start.

But Brown hinted after practice Tuesday that the sprained left ankle that has kept him out of the past four games might keep him from playing in the postseason.

"Who knows?" Brown said. "I'm not going to play if it hurts the team and further injure myself. But if I can contribute anything and get up and down the court and sustain the pressure on the offense and defense, then I'll play. If not, then I won't."

Brown got an MRI on Monday and said he was told he has a bone bruise and that it takes longer for that to heal than just a sprained ankle.

Brown missed 27 straight games after he first injured the ankle Dec. 31.

The Lakers need Brown's presence in the middle, but they won't force him into playing if he's not ready.

"I'll do what I can do," Brown said. "I've been battling it all year long, so I'll try to go if I can go."

Radmanovic Nears Return  

Vladimir Radmanovic worked out Tuesday and said he hopes to suit up for the Lakers' home game against the Clippers on Thursday, but that he probably won't play until either Friday at Phoenix or Sunday against Seattle at Staples Center.

He has missed two months recovering from a separated right shoulder.

"It's still a little fatigued when I get a lot of shots," Radmanovic said. "But ... the only way I can get rid of it is to get a lot of repetition and fight it. So, hopefully, come playoff time, it's going to be 100 percent."

Radmanovic, averaging 6.9 points and shooting 42.5 percent from the field, admitted he has been a big disappointment this season.

It became worse when he injured his shoulder while snowboarding during All-Star weekend, and was fined $300,000 by the Lakers.

He has a ways to go to live up to the five-year, $30.2 million contract the Lakers signed him to last summer.

"It's been a rough season for me, obviously, and really frustrating," Radmanovic said. "But I try to put everything behind me and hope this is a new start, and hopefully things are going to start being better."

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4468 on: April 12, 2007, 12:46:16 PM »
Phil Jackson digs deep for motivation

By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
April 11, 2007

He didn't invoke the six championships won by his Chicago teams in the 1990s, or even the three titles won by the Lakers earlier this decade, but, rather, the 1978 Washington Bullets and the 1981 Houston Rockets.

His point: Teams can acquire momentum late in the season.

"I have seen teams do that," he said. "I think [Washington] won it with a 46-38 record or something like that. Houston was a team that went to the NBA Finals against the Celtics. I think they were a 42-38 team, or 44-38. That's happened."

Jackson was off the mark on the records of the Bullets and Rockets, but his overall historical context was accurate.

The Bullets, with Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak averaging 15.9 points, were 44-38 in the regular season before catching fire in the playoffs and beating Seattle in the championship. The Rockets were 40-42 but advanced to the NBA Finals before losing to Boston.

Still, Jackson wouldn't necessarily wager on success in the playoffs, assuming the Lakers make it to the postseason.

"We're confident we can go into the playoffs and do some things that are good," he said. "I don't know if we're going to win a playoff series right now if I was to bet on it, but I would say we're going to play. We're going to be there and play the game."

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4469 on: April 12, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
the lakers better fuckin handle the clips tonight. i got Warriors playoff tickets i need to put to use
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!