Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287797 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4515 on: April 14, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
o yea of course ima heat fan #1, but im from LA so everytime we go to tha bar theres a laker game or to the homies pad theres a laker game on  :P

Oh...so you're a bandwaggon fan. :-X

wcsoldier

« Reply #4516 on: April 14, 2007, 11:39:29 AM »
^^^^ a solid point guard; defense and Xperience that's what we need to win... I'd like to see us go hard at Billups (no homo) , he's free agent right ? ... even if his style doesn't fit that much the triangle but to be honest this roster needs some serious changes, I don't even know what move to begin with

wcsoldier

« Reply #4517 on: April 14, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »
o yea of course ima heat fan #1, but im from LA so everytime we go to tha bar theres a laker game or to the homies pad theres a laker game on  :P

a heat fan ? naw a fan of the team which won the title ..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4518 on: April 14, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
If the Lakers had voided Vlad Rad's contract when they had the chance they'd be under the cap this off season and could've gone for someone like Billups or Maurice Williams.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #4519 on: April 14, 2007, 11:56:56 AM »
hahah bandwagon fan , yea i just hopped on last year soon as i seen the corks pop and the champ go in the sky hahah

man i been a heat fan ever since alonzo mourning left the hornets

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4520 on: April 14, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »
jermaine o'neal would like to come to la?

It remains to be seen if the Pacers and star center Jermaine O'Neal -- whose longstanding agreement with management calls for a sitdown summit at season's end -- will agree that it's time for both sides to move in separate directions should Indy miss the playoffs for the first time since 1997. (Or even if the Pacers sneak into the eighth spot.)

But at least one O'Neal teammate believes that the four-time All-Star hopes to end up in Los Angeles next season alongside Kobe Bryant, his fellow preps-to-pros groundbreaker from the draft class of 1996. O'Neal and Bryant are said to be still fairly close after coming into the league together.

Yet NBA front-office sources maintain that the Pacers remain more likely to replace coach Rick Carlisle than trade their most coveted asset. My ESPN The Magazine colleague Ric Bucher, meanwhile, reported on Tuesday night's NBA Coast to Coast on ESPN2 that Carlisle -- having enjoyed his one-year coaching sabatical between Detroit and Indiana -- is expected to take another year off from the bench if he takes the fall for Indy's 2-17 unraveling from Feb. 23-March 30.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4521 on: April 14, 2007, 11:49:18 PM »
we going win this 2 games.

rik

« Reply #4522 on: April 15, 2007, 10:30:55 AM »
Am I the only won who still thinks we're goin to win it all?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4523 on: April 15, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »

No...

Surprise of the century. 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4524 on: April 15, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »
I've grown a little skeptical. :-[

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4525 on: April 15, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »

Fuck no homie I still think we can take all as well but everyone at work calls me crazy and i dont give a fuck.LA baby LA.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4526 on: April 15, 2007, 05:55:47 PM »
L'UP

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4527 on: April 15, 2007, 06:36:54 PM »

Fuck no homie I still think we can take all as well but everyone at work calls me crazy and i dont give a fuck.LA baby LA.

My idealistic, biased, Laker fan for 20 years says.......yes, it is somehow possible....it's not that we don't have talent period, but that they have been very selective in coming together and doing damage, and have been too inconsistent. If Phil could haze them and have each player on point, and the chemistry and all could flow perfect to where Kobe can get them involved, and then dominate when necessary...it wouldn't shock the hell outta me if we did win it, and of course I am hoping we can do that. We have been very up and down...but if we can use that week or so off before playoffs to just relax, and to focus our energy on that one team and our one goal, we could do the same thing we should have done last year.

My realistic, not quite pessimistic but still nervous side says......we will be lucky as hell to make it to the second round. I heard something like we haven't won a game over a team with a .500+ record since before the f'kin all star break, even though we have beat almost every top team in the league at least once this year. The tools just haven't been spinning right lately, and we've been waaaay too up and down. I don't see us getting swept by anyone, and even the Suns, Spurs, and Mavs have gaps and holes that we could get into...but we gotta do a WHOOOOLE LOT better than we've done the last few games.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4528 on: April 15, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »
Farmar is starting  8)  ;D  ..LOL @ Smush  :laugh:

Kwame is back starting :rock:

Now_Im_Not_Banned