Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 286973 times)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4590 on: May 03, 2007, 06:49:58 AM »
hahahahahahahahah lakers they suck haha got put out first round  JK  so did we so i cant really talk cuz my team got booted out the playoffs first round 2  >:(

WELL EVERYONE KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN,i say go hard at KG in the offseason

it was funny though me and my friends went cruising in downtown l.a. for that big ass party on broadway but we went around staples center on sunday after they got blown out they couldnt stand 2 watch and theyre all laker fans, they were hangin out my windows talking shit and booing all the suns fans walking around in jerseys LOL foos gotta learn anger management i swear

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #4591 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »
^^^^ we'll see how things go this offseason which is VERY important for the future of our team.. this may determine if we'll be an average team or a contender one in the upcoming years.. Mitch and the Buss family will have to step it up BIG TIME and not repeating the previous mistakes
^Yeah. I also hope they get Jerry West as a consultant to help the Lakers add a few pieces to the team.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4592 on: May 04, 2007, 03:27:11 PM »
Lakers forward Maurice Evans calls Kevin Garnett "one of my best friends in the league."

Evans said that Garnett's time in Minnesota might be coming to an end.

"I know he definitely wants out of that situation, deservedly so," Evans said Thursday.

"He's given his heart and soul to that (Minnesota) organization," Evans added. "And whether it be here or Minnesota or wherever, I hope for and wish him the best in his future."

Evans spent his rookie year with Garnett in Minnesota and said: "I would love to play with Kevin. He's obviously a great player and very unselfish and passes. He's so unselfish almost to a fault, so I would love to benefit from some of his overly unselfish passes. But who knows?"

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/abox/article_1680362.php

so we got kg's best friend (mo evans), kg's cousin (shammond williams), and the mini-kg (lamar odom). come on garnett, dont fight destiny, just come to the lakers!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:39:02 PM by Halu Sination »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4593 on: May 04, 2007, 06:22:51 PM »
^ oh so thats why we signed Maurice Evans & Shammond Williams!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4594 on: May 04, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »
More Quotes From KB24

Kobe reiterated his calls on the front office to ``Do something'' about the team's current state. Asked point blank whether the team can just sit back and wait for Andrew Bynum and Jordan Farmar to develop, Kobe said, ``No. Something needs to be done.''

Later on, Mitch seemed to indicate that Andrew might be on the table this time around. I'm sure it would still take a lot, but Mitch basically said that the Lakers were going to build around Kobe and that they'd aggressively pursue every opportunity to improve as a team via free agency, the draft, or trade.

The No. 1 priority seemed to be to find help in the backcourt. Phil Jackson acknowledged that they need an upgrade over Smush Parker at the point. And I don't think they want to put Jordan Farmar in the position of being the starter so early on into his career.

Kobe wasn't interested in outlining specific changes -- ``I don't know who has to stay and who has to go"...

``I don't know (how we do it). I just voiced my opinion. Now it's on them to go out there and do their job and make it happen. I'm sure (Mitch) understands that patience is running thin in myself and coach. We want to be able to contend. I'm sure he understands that."

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4595 on: May 04, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »
When Kobe talks...niggas listen!

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4596 on: May 04, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »
Lakers Could Target Bucks Mo Williams or Nuggets Blake

Although the Los Angeles Lakers have point guard Jordan Farmar to evaluate, if the team pursues a ball-handling guard, two slated to be free agents are Milwaukee's Mo Williams and Denver's Steve Blake.

Walton lone Laker free agent likely to return

Luke Walton

Los Angeles Lakers' forward Luke Walton is expected to return to the team after exploring free agency. However, the team's other free agents – Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Shammond Williams and Aaron McKie – might not be back.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4597 on: May 04, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »
Laker Fans...Free Agents.. take a look
one of these players might be Lakers next season

Mike Bibby (Sacramento Kings)
Maurice Williams (Milwaukee Bucks)
Steve Blake (Denver Nuggets)
Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons)
Michael Finley (San Antonio Spuirs)
Bonzi Wells (Houston Rockets)
Gerald Wallace (Charolette Bobcats)
Ron Artest (Sacramento Kings)

wcsoldier

« Reply #4598 on: May 05, 2007, 03:56:31 AM »
the perfect scenario : Mo Williams AND Oneal or Gasol...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4599 on: May 05, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »
the perfect scenario : Mo Williams AND Oneal or Gasol...

Pipe dream, but damn I would love it if we Got Mo Williams & Pau Gasol!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4600 on: May 05, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
I said a while back that the Lakers should go after Williams. I still maintain that the Lakers are in bigger need of a PG then a big man.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4601 on: May 05, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »
570 radio: Smush got walking papers! They just said that at the exit meetings they thanked Smush for his service but were going a different direction

_____

Chris Mihm jogged on a treadmill for the first time since having season-ending surgery on his right ankle in November and said he's on track to resume all basketball activities by July 1.

Mihm will become a free agent this summer and indicated that he'd like to remain in Los Angeles. His plan is to assess his market value first and then decide what kind of contract he's looking for.

Because of the ankle injury, Mihm admitted that he might have to sign a shorter contract.

"Any time you miss a season, there's going to be questions," he said. "I understand that's going to come. I just want to be ready to prove to people that the surgery was necessary to repair something that wasn't going to heal."

wcsoldier

« Reply #4602 on: May 05, 2007, 11:40:06 PM »
I said a while back that the Lakers should go after Williams. I still maintain that the Lakers are in bigger need of a PG then a big man.
We need both of that.. if we were able to get a top 5 point guard , I would be agree with the fact that a big men is less needed but that's not the case (passing on Kidd  :-X).. we're talking about gettin to the next level, not being a 4th seed.. anyways there is a lot of talks but I'm gonna wait for the Summer to speak more about the situation.. now this is all speculation

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4603 on: May 06, 2007, 12:29:06 PM »
^you woulda traded Bynum for Kidd? :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4604 on: May 06, 2007, 12:31:15 PM »
570 radio: Smush got walking papers! They just said that at the exit meetings they thanked Smush for his service but were going a different direction

_____

Chris Mihm jogged on a treadmill for the first time since having season-ending surgery on his right ankle in November and said he's on track to resume all basketball activities by July 1.

Mihm will become a free agent this summer and indicated that he'd like to remain in Los Angeles. His plan is to assess his market value first and then decide what kind of contract he's looking for.

Because of the ankle injury, Mihm admitted that he might have to sign a shorter contract.

"Any time you miss a season, there's going to be questions," he said. "I understand that's going to come. I just want to be ready to prove to people that the surgery was necessary to repair something that wasn't going to heal."

I've BEEN saying that we should re-sign Mihm...He's good, he knows the offense, and he's gunna be extremely cheap because of the missed season. Kwame/Mihm/Bynum could turn out great next season...Then our biggest concern is just finding a point guard, which can't be TOO hard with the MLE to spend (Mo Williams, Steve Blake, Charlie Bell?).