Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 287787 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4605 on: May 06, 2007, 12:37:21 PM »
Why trade Bynum for a 34 year old PG? Might as well go after someone with the MLE, or trade for a younger PG like Billups (31). Say what you want about Kobe's supporting cast, but Bynum+Odom+Kwame+Mihm is a pretty good front court. The only worthy person the Lakers have in the back court are Kobe and an inexperienced Farmar.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4606 on: May 06, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
Once again.. these lil "adjustments" you (Ted and Nik) want, won't make us a championship team in a short time..(we'll be a 4th seed but nothing more) you want to take that "internal growth" direction, that would take a WHILE before being a great team.. we need some experience AND consistency through 82 games and playoffs and nobody, besides Kobe is givin it.. I respect your opinions but I can't wait 3-4 years having a shot at the title.. neither are Kobe and Phil . I just think it's time to take some risks to improve this team

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4607 on: May 06, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »
I'm not saying that Kobe and Phil should wait for the team to develop. Bynum is tradeable, but he is also going to be a star in the NBA, so if he were to be traded I'd want something of value in return. But why trade him for Kidd whose only going to play another 3 or 4 years and probably not at the level he's been playing this year? The dude is 34. Bynum is 19.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4608 on: May 06, 2007, 07:45:34 PM »
I don't see how finding a reliable point guard to run the offense doesn't make us contenders? ???

Bynum
Kwame
Turiaf

They'll all have a valuable extra year in the offense

At most, sign a veteran big with the vet's minimum (PJ Brown)...we don't have to rebuild like you're making it seem. You want everything we've been doin for the last 2 years to go to waste? That's pretty much ASKING to take 2 steps back...The impatient Laker fans are the WORST. You're TOO spoiled...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4609 on: May 06, 2007, 09:28:10 PM »
I'm not saying that Kobe and Phil should wait for the team to develop. Bynum is tradeable, but he is also going to be a star in the NBA, so if he were to be traded I'd want something of value in return. But why trade him for Kidd whose only going to play another 3 or 4 years and probably not at the level he's been playing this year? The dude is 34. Bynum is 19.

When I say trade Bynum, I mean Bynum + whatever/whoever else for someone like Gasol. Trading Bynum for Kidd would officially mean we have the dumbest front office ever. No offense to Kidd, cuz I feel he is the best PG in the league and he would make the whole team better instantly, but you don't give up a 19 year old for someone who's going to be throwing in the towel in 2 years.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4610 on: May 06, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
I said a while back that the Lakers should go after Williams. I still maintain that the Lakers are in bigger need of a PG then a big man.
We need both of that.. if we were able to get a top 5 point guard , I would be agree with the fact that a big men is less needed but that's not the case (passing on Kidd  :-X).. we're talking about gettin to the next level, not being a 4th seed.. anyways there is a lot of talks but I'm gonna wait for the Summer to speak more about the situation.. now this is all speculation
4th seed is not bad next year if it marks a consisent improvement by the Lakers. You're expecting a turn around in one season which is not likely to happen, espically if there is an overhaul of the team's supporting cast. Seeding means nothing. An 8th seed knocked off the team with the best record in the NBA.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4611 on: May 08, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »
I wonder if we could drug Larry Bird and get him to take Odom + Bynum for JO, that would make us contenders instantly, that or a similar trade for KG. The odds of that happening are none and none.

In the meantime, we need to try to acquire by trade or free agent signing a decent point. The problem is that management tries to make the home run move, like when they went after Kidd earlier in the season, instead of seeing what smaller moves can be made. A couple of these moves could put us in better position.

Getting KG, JO, or Gason would be nice, but it's unrealistic and other teams can put together better packages than we can. Kwame is an expiring K at 8 mil. I don't know what the other expirings are, but those are the trades we should be looking at. Maybe a sign and trade with Luke, something like that.

In the meantime, why did Mitch extend Sasha and Cook? Why?  >:(
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

rik

« Reply #4612 on: May 08, 2007, 08:17:43 PM »

That's what I wanna know. More so Sasha who has never proved that he could be a good basketball player on a consistent level. That guy is awful.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 09:20:06 PM by Rik »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4613 on: May 08, 2007, 09:18:58 PM »

That's what I wanna no. More so Sasha who has never proved that he could be a good basketball player on a consistent level. That guy is awful.

For real, watching Sasha on the court makes me nausious and makes me want to harm small animals.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

rik

« Reply #4614 on: May 08, 2007, 09:23:55 PM »

That's what I wanna no. More so Sasha who has never proved that he could be a good basketball player on a consistent level. That guy is awful.

For real, watching Sasha on the court makes me nausious and makes me want to harm small animals.

LOL...Real spit. I my heart skips a beat every time I see him go up for a shot.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4615 on: May 09, 2007, 12:42:03 AM »
I wonder if we could drug Larry Bird and get him to take Odom + Bynum for JO, that would make us contenders instantly, that or a similar trade for KG. The odds of that happening are none and none.

In the meantime, we need to try to acquire by trade or free agent signing a decent point. The problem is that management tries to make the home run move, like when they went after Kidd earlier in the season, instead of seeing what smaller moves can be made. A couple of these moves could put us in better position.

Getting KG, JO, or Gason would be nice, but it's unrealistic and other teams can put together better packages than we can. Kwame is an expiring K at 8 mil. I don't know what the other expirings are, but those are the trades we should be looking at. Maybe a sign and trade with Luke, something like that.

LOL! Memphis, Minnesota, or Indiana would JUMP at Odom+Bynum...The problem is, the Lakers would be insane to do that. That wont solve any of our problems. Bynum is a major part of our future and Odom is great all across the board. Our problem is that we need a reliable point guard who can run the offense and distribute the correct way...Our bigs were battered this season, we can either re-sign Mihm, or another valuable PF-C. Trading Odom is not the solution, in fact, I believe that would set us back.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4616 on: May 10, 2007, 07:55:37 AM »

LOL! Memphis, Minnesota, or Indiana would JUMP at Odom+Bynum...The problem is, the Lakers would be insane to do that. That wont solve any of our problems. Bynum is a major part of our future and Odom is great all across the board. Our problem is that we need a reliable point guard who can run the offense and distribute the correct way...Our bigs were battered this season, we can either re-sign Mihm, or another valuable PF-C. Trading Odom is not the solution, in fact, I believe that would set us back.

I wouldn't do Odom+Bynum for Gasol because he doesn't play D, but I would for KG or JO. That would provide us with serious interior presence both defensively and offensively. These are guys that average 20/10/3. Big men like that don't just grow on trees. I'd rather have a proven big man on my team than a guy that might be good in 3 or 4 years.

I like Odom's game, but KG and JO are flat out better. They'd be able to provide a real second scoring option and we can give the reins of running the offense to Farmar. I think he's ready.

Again, this won't happen because teams like the Bulls can put together a better package than we can.

That's why I brought up the importance of making the smaller deals, which are deals that can help us and those deals are out there. That's what management should look for right there.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4617 on: May 10, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »

I still give Mitch credit for that. He went after Bibby - no go. Went after Kidd (which would've done wonders for us) - also no go. I can't hold that against him. What I do hold against him is drafting all these useless players over that years that no other team would want.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4618 on: May 10, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »

I still give Mitch credit for that. He went after Bibby - no go. Went after Kidd (which would've done wonders for us) - also no go. I can't hold that against him. What I do hold against him is drafting all these useless players over that years that no other team would want.
Nobody would want Bynum, Walton, or Farmar? :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4619 on: May 10, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »

Nobody would want Bynum, Walton, or Farmar? :laugh:

Seriously...Baby G, even YOU can look better than that. :)