Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288012 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4620 on: May 10, 2007, 04:10:56 PM »
I wonder if we could drug Larry Bird and get him to take Odom + Bynum for JO, that would make us contenders instantly, that or a similar trade for KG. The odds of that happening are none and none.

In the meantime, we need to try to acquire by trade or free agent signing a decent point. The problem is that management tries to make the home run move, like when they went after Kidd earlier in the season, instead of seeing what smaller moves can be made. A couple of these moves could put us in better position.

Getting KG, JO, or Gason would be nice, but it's unrealistic and other teams can put together better packages than we can. Kwame is an expiring K at 8 mil. I don't know what the other expirings are, but those are the trades we should be looking at. Maybe a sign and trade with Luke, something like that.

In the meantime, why did Mitch extend Sasha and Cook? Why?  >:(

LOL! Memphis, Minnesota, or Indiana would JUMP at Odom+Bynum...The problem is, the Lakers would be insane to do that. That wont solve any of our problems. Bynum is a major part of our future and Odom is great all across the board. Our problem is that we need a reliable point guard who can run the offense and distribute the correct way...Our bigs were battered this season, we can either re-sign Mihm, or another valuable PF-C. Trading Odom is not the solution, in fact, I believe that would set us back.

I wouldn't do Odom+Bynum for Gasol because he doesn't play D, but I would for KG or JO. That would provide us with serious interior presence both defensively and offensively. These are guys that average 20/10/3. Big men like that don't just grow on trees. I'd rather have a proven big man on my team than a guy that might be good in 3 or 4 years.

I like Odom's game, but KG and JO are flat out better. They'd be able to provide a real second scoring option and we can give the reins of running the offense to Farmar. I think he's ready.

Again, this won't happen because teams like the Bulls can put together a better package than we can.

That's why I brought up the importance of making the smaller deals, which are deals that can help us and those deals are out there. That's what management should look for right there.

JO didn't have much of a better season than Odom, and Odom played with a torn labrum...Not to mention the years of tri experience we'll be throwing to waste. Then adding Bynum on top of that? Come on now, that trade would fuck us up. And what better deal than Odom+Bynum would the Bulls be able to come up with? Unless they wanna trade their whole core, Gordon+Deng+Tyrus, which isn't happening. I agree with making small deals, but seriously, I wouldn't wanna trade Odom or Bynum, let alone in the same deal...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4621 on: May 11, 2007, 04:22:19 AM »
I wonder if we could drug Larry Bird and get him to take Odom + Bynum for JO, that would make us contenders instantly, that or a similar trade for KG. The odds of that happening are none and none.

In the meantime, we need to try to acquire by trade or free agent signing a decent point. The problem is that management tries to make the home run move, like when they went after Kidd earlier in the season, instead of seeing what smaller moves can be made. A couple of these moves could put us in better position.

Getting KG, JO, or Gason would be nice, but it's unrealistic and other teams can put together better packages than we can. Kwame is an expiring K at 8 mil. I don't know what the other expirings are, but those are the trades we should be looking at. Maybe a sign and trade with Luke, something like that.

I still give Mitch credit for that. He went after Bibby - no go. Went after Kidd (which would've done wonders for us) - also no go. I can't hold that against him. What I do hold against him is drafting all these useless players over that years that no other team would want.
Nobody would want Bynum, Walton, or Farmar? :laugh:

Seriously...Baby G, even YOU can look better than that. :)

I wasn't including Kobe, Odom, Bynum, or Walton on that list. But be real, how many  teams do you think are sitting back wishing for Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic, Aaaron McKie, or Shammond Williams?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #4622 on: May 11, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »
Jim Buss was on the radio (AM 570) and said they'll go after a big name player and we can expect major changes.. we'll see

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4623 on: May 11, 2007, 09:34:54 AM »
Jim Buss was on the radio (AM 570) and said they'll go after a big name player and we can expect major changes.. we'll see

<= Trade Bait.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4624 on: May 11, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »

I still give Mitch credit for that. He went after Bibby - no go. Went after Kidd (which would've done wonders for us) - also no go. I can't hold that against him. What I do hold against him is drafting all these useless players over that years that no other team would want.

I wasn't including Kobe, Odom, Bynum, or Walton on that list. But be real, how many  teams do you think are sitting back wishing for Brian Cook, Sasha Vujacic, Aaaron McKie, or Shammond Williams?
I don't recall Mitch drafting McKie or Williams.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4625 on: May 11, 2007, 10:34:43 AM »

The only ones we drafted were Sasha and Cook...Sasha never panned out (as of now) and Cook can be a valuable trade asset if traded at the right time (during a hot streak). Still, Mitch has done his job in the draft, especially in the 2nd round...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4626 on: May 11, 2007, 08:47:50 PM »
SMH @ the front office not trading for B.Davis 3 years ago  :stupid:

J.Kidd avg a triple double in the 1st round..he stil plays defense...

R.Artest, C.Boozer..Lakers could of had all those players for nothing  :grumpy: :stupid:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4627 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »

The only ones we drafted were Sasha and Cook...Sasha never panned out (as of now) and Cook can be a valuable trade asset if traded at the right time (during a hot streak). Still, Mitch has done his job in the draft, especially in the 2nd round...

Lol ok you keep believing he's "done his job".

SMH @ the front office not trading for B.Davis 3 years ago  :stupid:

J.Kidd avg a triple double in the 1st round..he stil plays defense...

R.Artest, C.Boozer..Lakers could of had all those players for nothing  :grumpy: :stupid:

Baron Davis & Boozer are injury prone. And Artest is...well he's Artest.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4628 on: May 11, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
^^ they could of had them FOR NOTHING.

that's the problem, no one in the front office wants to take any chances.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4629 on: May 12, 2007, 12:50:37 AM »
 :o I wonder if Kobe told SAS to say that  :o  ..Kobe said after game 5 he wanted the Lakers to do something "NOW"  8) ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzbph7UqZUE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vzbph7UqZUE</a>

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4630 on: May 12, 2007, 07:14:10 PM »
Something has to be done this year bottom line.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4631 on: May 13, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »
LAKERS FANS READ DIS!!!

Good thing for the Kings other teams have their own problems to address. Los Angeles Lakers

Going pedal to the metal, after failing to reach the second round or the playoffs at all for the third time in as many years, isn't just about adding a star to ride shotgun to Kobe Bryant. While that is the obvious part of it, putting them in the middle of any discussion for Kevin Garnett or Jermaine O'Neal, the Lakers on the whole are pushing hard to win now and deal with potential complications later.

The Lakers could offer Kwame Brown in a match of similar salaries. The Kings would inherit the frustration of an enigmatic player unable to grasp his considerable potential, but also the benefit of being able to clear cap space a year earlier than with Artest if Brown did not work out. And if Brown did work out, they would have the inside track on re-signing a talented young center.

The Lakers also could offer Luke Walton in a sign-and-trade, packaged with another, lesser salary (Sasha Vujacic, Maurice Evans, Brian Cook). Artest has superior skills. But Walton has become a good complementary weapon, a smart player who moves the ball, and plugs in to the same spot at small forward.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4632 on: May 13, 2007, 07:54:02 PM »
Hows the offseason treating u guys so far?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4633 on: May 13, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »
Hows the offseason treating u guys so far?

I don't expect a major move until AT LEAST mid-August.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4634 on: May 13, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »
any preliminary talk of who u guys are tryin to get or who is going to get shipped off?
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!