Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 288291 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4650 on: May 19, 2007, 09:39:19 AM »
^^^^ yeah anyways the draft is pretty much useless, outside trade wise, imo for us this year. I don't see a player at the 19th position to have a instant real impact at a position we need..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4655 on: May 20, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
Sayson: Who will be Kobe’s next sidekick?

CHICAGO—It’s been quite a while since I’ve entertained readers’ e-mails here, so long ago that some of the letters in my Inbox are getting older than a Tom Jones ballad.

My apologies to all the letter-senders and I hope they understand that my plate is full with the ongoing NBA playoffs, not to mention my recent Las Vegas swing to cover the Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather event.

Pinoy Votes: Sun.Star Election 2007

But, hey, I’m here now. Thirsty for some e-mail-bonding.

Following LA’s early playoffs knockout,Gino Paolo Peralta (dodgeviper_gambit@yahoo.com) asks: “If they can’t get Kevin Garnett, who do you think will the Lakers try to acquire?”

KG in LA seems like a done deal. He has a house in Malibu, California and he already told his pips that he wants to be a Laker. But if the plot twists, as it often does in Hollywood, I think the Lakers will pursue Jermaine O’Neal, who is rumored to be unhappy in Indiana.

He isn’t the 10-time All-Star that Garnett is, but the 6-foot-11, 260-pound O’Neal comes amazingly close. Like Garnett, the 28-year-old O’Neal has a powerful inside game that best complements Kobe’s perimeter brilliance.

Although the Pacers did not make the playoffs this year, Jermaine, a five-time All-Star, proved that he has a lot of good years left in the tank by norming 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game in 69 starts.

If O’Neal can’t be had, the Lakers could also go after Pau Gasol. A 7-foot, 260-pound center, Gasol is an effective low post scorer who has averaged 18.8 points and 8.6 rebounds in his six seasons with Memphis.

Another option, though unlikely because of his off-court issues is Zach Randolph of Portland. Only 25, Randolph had a spectacular 2006-07 season, averaging 23.6 points and 10.1 rebounds a game.

NO KIDDING. Another NBA year is about to turn and New Jersey still hasn’t won a title with Jason Kidd at the wheel. That makes Raymund Ortilla (ortilla_rso@yahoo.com) wonder: “Will the Nets trade Jason Kidd to rebuild?”

His age, 34, and his 12 years in the NBA both suggest that Kidd is in the twilight of a dazzling career. But his performance this postseason offers concrete proof that he’s’ far from done. He averaged a triple double (14.6 pts, 10.9 rebs and 10.9 assts) in 12 playoff games.

The Nets tried to deal Kidd to LA a few months ago, but that proposed swap fizzled when the Lakers refused to give up Andrew Bynum. Other teams were interested with Kidd, but they were discouraged by his $18.9 million annual salary until 2009.

If they can sign free agent Vince Carter to an extension, I think the Nets will part with Kidd and start rebuilding. This time, though, there will be a lot of takers for the seven-time All-Star.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4656 on: May 20, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »
Imagine if the Lakers could get Zach Randolph. :o but he is a free agent and it isn't likely to happen. The more I think about it, the more I like JO in L.A. But PG should be the first priority.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4657 on: May 20, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »
^^Who is?

Me. 8)
Alright then, call it right now. Who are the Lakers going to take with their first round pick(assuming they don't trade it)?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4658 on: May 20, 2007, 11:11:57 PM »

wcsoldier

« Reply #4659 on: May 20, 2007, 11:33:13 PM »
^^Who is?

Me. 8)
Alright then, call it right now. Who are the Lakers going to take with their first round pick(assuming they don't trade it)?

Greg Oden. :D
Naw... A french crip who was reppin the blue LA jersey told me we were going at  Noah

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4660 on: May 21, 2007, 02:38:15 PM »
Rudy Fernandez is a young Spanish shooting guard who got a nice potential.. but he isn't ready to have an impact in the NBA, especially physically wise, he needs to gain weight and muscles, if not he's gonna be eaten up.. anyways our draft picks will be likely use in trades (Mitch said it), I really don't see the interest to add youth to our roster.. experience is needed

On top of that, we don't even need a shooting guard...

Yes we do. Obviously not a starting shooting guard, but the Lakers need someone to bring of the bench for instant offense. And no Maurice "I can't make layups or 3s" Evans isn't the answer.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4661 on: May 21, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »
Rudy Fernandez is a young Spanish shooting guard who got a nice potential.. but he isn't ready to have an impact in the NBA, especially physically wise, he needs to gain weight and muscles, if not he's gonna be eaten up.. anyways our draft picks will be likely use in trades (Mitch said it), I really don't see the interest to add youth to our roster.. experience is needed

On top of that, we don't even need a shooting guard...

Yes we do. Obviously not a starting shooting guard, but the Lakers need someone to bring of the bench for instant offense. And no Maurice "I can't make layups or 3s" Evans isn't the answer.

Maurice Evans proved to be a great back-up for Kobe...His "can't make 3s" ass managed to shoot a more efficient 3ball than Kobe on the year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4662 on: May 21, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
"Home of the soaps
Interesting media battle in Los Angeles, where Lakers VP Jim Buss went on talk radio to criticize Phil Jackson for criticizing his players in the media. His sister Jeanie, Jackson's girlfriend and another Lakers VP, then criticized her brother for criticizing the coach in public. Sounds like they're ready to move forward.

Actually they might be: Rumors have the Lakers bringing back Jerry West in an advisory role to help faltering GM Mitch Kupchak."

Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-ctf36i2may21,1,2148055.column?coll=chi-sportsbulls-hed&ctrack=2&cset=true

rik

« Reply #4663 on: May 21, 2007, 08:03:46 PM »
Bring back The Logo baby!!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4664 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
Rumors have the Lakers bringing back Jerry West in an advisory role to help faltering GM Mitch Kupchak."
Kick ass. 8)